Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal have announced that striker Emmanuel Adebayor has signed a new long-term contract with the club.

The Togo international had been strongly linked with a transfer away from Emirates Stadium this summer, with AC Milan and Barcelona both reportedly keen to secure his services.

Adebayor, who signed for Arsenal from Monaco in 2006, initially failed to dispel the rumours surrounding his future, but at the beginning of August it was confirmed he would remain at Arsenal.

The Gunners have now revealed that the 24-year-old, who struck 30 goals last season, has committed his foreseeable future to the club by penning a 'long-term' deal.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4006546,00.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,547 Posts
No Kaka for Chelsea then since he was one of the names on Adriano Galliani 's shopping list. Milan needs Kaka to not be have the slightest chance to return to glory. Pato's Olympics have been a shock if you concider of the rep he have and how well he played in a few games last season. Pato is far from ready to carry Milan so Kaka stays now when Adebayor got his cash at Emirates.
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
I still say he's out the door ASAP, in this world today contracts mean nothing in football anymore. Arsenal will get payed silly money by someone and use it to buy more 10 year olds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,547 Posts
piazza said:
I still say he's out the door ASAP, in this world today contracts mean nothing in football anymore. Arsenal will get payed silly money by someone and use it to buy more 10 year olds.
This summer have been the resurrection of the contracts when s7ave was forced to stay. Real deny Robinho the chance to move and a few more.

But yes, the Bosman verdict the players have gotten more power and a contract is not the same as it was before Jean-Marc Bosman reform the transfer market.
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
spellbound said:
But yes, the Bosman verdict the players have gotten more power and a contract is not the same as it was before Jean-Marc Bosman reform the transfer market.
Exactly, and what's to stop a team from tapping a player up, and then the player paying the rest off his contract off and then his new team reimburse him with a big "signing on fee"?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,547 Posts
piazza said:
Exactly, and what's to stop a team from tapping a player up, and then the player paying the rest off his contract off and then his new team reimburse him with a big "signing on fee"?
United wouldnt do that!!! :rolleyes:
 

·
Proto-Hipster
Joined
·
46,959 Posts
God No!!!
he kissed the badge every time he scored since he decided to stay
he kiss the badge 3 times at least
i reckon he uses tongue
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top