Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Arsenal striker rocks Wenger

EMMANUEL ADEBAYOR dropped a bombshell by signalling his exit from Arsenal.

The Togo striker has been strongly linked with a move to Italian side AC Milan or Spanish giants Barcelona.

And he reckons everyone would be satisfied if the Gunners were to make millions on his transfer.

Adebayor, 24, said: “If they’re going to get 50 million for me and they bought me for 10 million, everyone is getting the benefits.

"They have to make a good decision and I have to make a good decision.”

Adebayor, who is demanding a new £120,000- a-week contract to stay, added: “I have asked Arsenal to look at it and see what they want.

“I have a promise from the manager Arsene Wenger that they will call me next week. I am waiting for their answer and next week I will decide.

"I need to know before I come back to train on July 21. At the moment, I am in a position that I don’t know where I will play.”

Former Gunners vice-chairman David Dein fears the exit of Arsenal’s best players will gather pace without more investment into the club.

Dein supports Arsenal’s biggest shareholder — Alisher Usmanov. The Russian billionaire would make up to £100m a year available for the team if he took over. And Dein said: “It needs somebody wealthy in the short term.

“I can see the way the game is going. The wealthier are going to get wealthier and more successful. It is getting polarised.

“Arsenal have Wenger. But you have to give the man a chance. I don’t want to see Arsenal as the second team in London.”
Source: TheSun

this is one messed up saga but not like ronaldos.. anyways i really dont see him going but who knows

G

·
At least United have more class and the staff
and players don't discuss things like this in public.

I know the Ronaldo saga has gone on for ages
but the only words we've HEARD him say are
'I stay' after the Champions League Final.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Wenger - Ade going nowhere

Arsene Wenger expects Emmanuel Adebayor to be at Arsenal next season.

Adebayor's future has been the subject of constant speculation in recent weeks with Milan and Barcelona both confirming their interest in the Togo international.

The former Monaco striker raised doubts about his Emirates Stadium future by sending out mixed messages about where he will be playing next season.

Adebayor claimed he would be meeting with Wenger next week to thrash out his future, but Gunners chief Wenger says he has no plans to meet the striker and he is adamant last season's top scorer is going nowhere.

Not worried
"He's under contract and that's quite simple. I can tell you as manager of Arsenal football club I'm not worried.

"Of course I expect him to be at Arsenal next season - he's under contract."

Asked if he was going to meet the striker next week, Wenger replied: "No - I've already met him."
Source: Sky Sports

looks like he is staying as i was saying..

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Milan - Ade price impossible

Adriano Galliani says it is 'impossible' for Milan to meet Arsenal's demands for Emmanuel Adebayor.

Milan have made the Togo striker their top transfer target and had been favourites to sign Adebayor ahead of Barcelona.

Adebayor did little to clear up the confusion concerning his future last week, while there have been reports that Arsenal have rejected a £25million offer from Barcelona.

But, according to Milan vice-president Galliani, the Gunners want 45million euros (£35.8million) before agreeing to Adebayor's departure.

"The request for 45million euros by Arsenal is an impossible request," Galliani told the club's official website.

Great champion

The Rossoneri are also still in the race to sign Barca playmaker Ronaldinho, who returned to action in an exhibition game last week.

Ronaldinho has been beset by injury problems in recent months and Galliani says Milan are now weighing up Barcelona's latest request.

He added: "Ronaldinho is an important player. We have noted the latest financial demands from Barcelona and we will evaluate them.

"I saw his last friendly. He was a 'little' overweight, but his talent is intact and he remains a great champion."

36 million pounds is TOOO much.. he will most likely stay

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ade seeks Arsenal sign

Emmanuel Adebayor's agent has demanded Arsenal demonstrate their desire to hold on to the in-demand striker.

European giants Barcelona and Milan have made no secret of their interest in the Togo international after he struck 30 goals for The Gunners last term.

However, manager Arsene Wenger is reluctant to allow Adebayor to depart the club he joined from Monaco in 2006, with Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani stating on Wednesday that it is 'impossible' for the Serie A side to meet Arsenal's valuation of the player.

Adebayor's agent, though, feels it is key that Arsenal strongly indicate they are eager to hold on to the 24-year-old, who Stephane Courbis claims has not demanded an increase in wages at Emirates Stadium.

"It is vital that Arsenal show their motivation to keep him," agent Courbis said in the Daily Star.

"There has been a love story between Adebayor and Arsenal and his relationship with Arsene Wenger is based on trust and respect.

"If this was a money problem, then he would have asked to leave. He is a man of heart, not of money. He is not greedy."

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
arsenal won allot of games by adebayorgoals
yeah but who assisted them :rolleyes:
adebayor definitely dont deserve that much
even so he is very good a player
i think cesc fabregas should be payed 120k before any player

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
AC Milan end interest in Adebayor

Italian club AC Milan say Arsenal's valuation of Togo striker Emmanuel Adebayor is too high and have ruled themselves out of signing the player.

The 24-year-old had been named as Milan's main target for next season.

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani said: "The request for £35.8m by Arsenal is an impossible request."

On Friday Adebayor had appeared to send out mixed messages when he went back on an initial claim that he was staying in England with Arsenal.

The BBC's African Footballer of the Year said: "The most important thing for me is to keep on enjoying my football. I'm staying at Arsenal."

But later he then added: "We will have to meet with the manager [Arsene Wenger] before anything can be decided.

"But, as you know better than anyone, a lot of teams want me to play for them."

Adebayor, who scored 30 goals for Arsenal last season, has been a target for Spanish side Barcelona as well as AC Milan.

The Togo international added: "I'm just going to sit down with my agent and with my family and decide what is good for my career."

Should talks ever take place over a move, the former Monaco forward insisted money would not be a factor. 606: DEBATE
Adebayor showed nothing but disrespect to Arsenal and its fans with his media stunt

LetsTalkAboutCesc

"When I was young I had a dream to be a good footballer and play for a big team," said Adebayor, who was in Vienna with his sponsors.

"I was born in Togo so I never cared about playing for money, my happiness was to play to enjoy myself. That's what I've been doing until now.

"You can see people changing clubs because of money, because they want a change of atmosphere or to get their names in the big leagues. I just play football to enjoy myself. I play because I love it."

One Arsenal player who has already made the move to AC Milan is Mathieu Flamini.

The French midfielder joined the 2007 Champions League winners this summer after his contract with the Gunners came to an end.

Arsenal boss Wenger, who had been in Austria for Euro 2008, had wanted to keep his countryman at the Emirates Stadium, but Flamini felt it was in his best interests to leave.

Adebayor thinks that Flamini, who impressed as a holding midfielder last season, will be missed.

"He was one of Arsenal's biggest players," Adebayor said. "He's a good man, a good character and a good footballer. We play good football, now we look forward to winning trophies

Emmanuel Adebayor

"But he's made his decision and he's very happy to have signed for Milan. He has all the qualities to become a bigger player than he was at Arsenal."

Still, Adebayor believes Arsenal will thrive without Flamini and hailed the team spirit in the camp.

"Everyone is between 21 and 26-years-old, we are all the same generation," he said. "We all have the same ideas, we go out together after games to restaurants.

"We all have the same ideas and we all want to achieve something. We have a good boss which is Arsene Wenger. He tries to bring this atmosphere to the dressing room where we feel like brothers and like family.

"Those are the reasons that give us a chance to play the football we play. We play good football, now we look forward to winning trophies."

Arsenal - Ade not for sale

Asenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood insists the club have no intention of selling star striker Emmanuel Adebayor at any price.

Barcelona and Milan are keen on the Togo international, who is under contract at Emirates Stadium until 2011, and the former have reportedly had a £25million offer rejected.

Both Barca and Milan are eager to rebuild after disappointing seasons last year and neither are expected to give up their pursuit of Adebayor without a fight.

However, Arsenal have responded to calls from Adebayor's agent Stephane Courbis to demonstrate their desire to keep the 24-year-old and are adamant they will not be selling.

Stay
"We want him (Adebayor) to stay," Hill-Wood said in the Daily Telegraph.

"Adebayor still has a long time left on his contract and we have absolutely no intention of releasing him from that contract."

Meanwhile, Hill-Wood expects Alexander Hleb - a target of Barca, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich - to leave Arsenal.

Manager Arsene Wenger has already seen Mathieu Flamini join Milan on a free transfer and Hill-Wood is also braced for Hleb's Emirates exit.

"Hleb has made it clear he wants to go," Hill-Wood added. "I think maybe he will go."
Source: Sky Sports

let hleb go.. they got nasri much better player..

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I heard a rumour that eto'o is linked with a move to Arsenal, wao dat's great. I will advice Wenger to go for him without any hesitation. Also, i will implore him to go for either Martins, Santa Cruz or better Arshavin. I beleive one of those guys will be a great asset to the club.Lastly, i will advice he offloads Adebayor he should let him go to wherever he wants to go and use the money to acquire the services of good players.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
dlan4327 said:
The question Wneger must ask himself: Is Adebayor worth £120,000?

Personally I wouldn't pay him more than £120 a week but that's just me. I'm cheap. :)
Naw, I am on more than that. Give him £125 ;)

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
please adebayor leave please adebayor leave please adebayor leave
hope he have heard me :)
he will be dangerous next season with both nasri and cesc are going to assist for him
so if he leaves arsenal will be weaker

21 - 31 of 31 Posts