Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Breaking into the first team
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
West Ham have confirmed they have made an approach to Internazionale for Adriano.

Inter confirmed last weekend they were willing to loan out the Brazilian striker so that he can regain some form and fitness after dropping down the pecking order at Giuseppe Meazza.

Manchester City and Parma had been linked with the powerful forward, although Adriano's agent appeared to rule out the prospect of leaving on loan with the transfer window set to slam shut on Friday

However, West Ham have now declared an interest in Adriano and are hoping to lure him to Upton Park before Friday's transfer deadline.

The 25-year-old has suggested he would be willing to leave Inter on a permanent basis and may be tempted by the chance to get his career back on track at West Ham.

Meanwhile, Arsene Wenger has revealed he has turned down the chance to take Adriano to Emirates Stadium.

"I was offered Adriano on loan and I said no," said Wenger.

"We do not need him and it was an easy decision to make because we're not out there to sign another striker.

"The agreement was for a loan. Adriano has qualities we don't need. They wanted to give us a player but wanted one back in return.

"I won't say who it was. I didn't want to lose the player they requested. I didn't necessarily think Adriano would upset the balance of the squad.

"I have bought Eduardo Da Silva. I already had Emmanuel Adebayor and Robin van Persie and I brought Nicklas Bendtner back.

"I still have Theo Walcott and Abou Diaby can play through the middle. Why should I bring more forwards in?

"I have big faith in my squad and they've proved me right so far this season

Source - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_2691666,00.html

·
Registered
390 Posts
Saw that, if he was going for £10m~ it'd be a bargain in my opinion. He isn't the hardest worker but he's very powerful and great in the air with an amazing shot.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I don't care, they can have him. He only scored like 1 goal all year or something. A far cry from the £60million price tag he carried a few years back.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hes was one of the most overrated footballers ever now hes just shite ,6 goals all last season is shocking for a striker of his "quailty".

·
Breaking into the first team
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its rumoured in some papers today he is travelling to Manchester today- but not to city....

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I heard that too. I don't want him, did you see him in the friendly against us, has put on loads of weight. Really hope we don't buy him!

·
Registered
20 Posts
ferguson could really turn this lads carrer around, use are all very quick to call him fat however i heard the same words being called to a mr ronaldo who won the golden boot that year at the world cup, anybody that is disputing this mans quality is clearly blind-alryt he is out of shape but mr fergie is the best that getting boys to perform and he could easily do the same again, carly usually u have some half descent commects butr this 1 is away up the left

·
Registered
128 Posts
I agree, Adriano may be a tad overrated but he is a great player nonetheless. Sir Alex can really turn his career around but I doubt it will happen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts