Manchester United Talk banner

Adriano

2K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  Jay007 
#1 ·
Am i the only one who thinks that we should go for this guy? I know he has gotten himself a reputation for partying (because of the death of his dad) but if anyone can get the best out of him then surely Fergie can?

A few years ago the guy was immense, he is built like a brick house, is very fast and has a great shot on him. IMO if we could help him sort his head out then he could get back to the player he was which was one of the best in the world. he is built for the premiership.

I don't think he'd cost that much either, considering all of his problems at the moment.
I know it would be a very risky signing but just imagine what it would be like if it paid off :eek: .

the onlt down side to him is that i don't know what kind of personality he has, we have a great team spirit atm and i wouldnt like anyone to ruin that.

note: this isn't me saying we SHOULD go for him, just that he would be worth a look at.

#2 ·
No he's well past it. He's well overweight and his attitude stinks. We need somebody who is as hungry and talanted as the rest of the aquad to provide competetion aswell as back up. I think he would be distruptive. Although i have to agree that in his brief prime he was a smashing player

#3 ·
Richie said:
No he's well past it. He's well overweight and his attitude stinks. We need somebody who is as hungry and talanted as the rest of the aquad to provide competetion aswell as back up. I think he would be distruptive. Although i have to agree that in his brief prime he was a smashing player
but his attitude has only stunk since he went off the rails since his dad died, if Fergie could sort his head out then I don't see a problem.

he is scoring goals for sao paolo at the moment aswell.

#4 ·
Yeah maybe so but I think Fergie would rather not take the risk on somebody he is going to have to put his time and effort into sorting their attitute out when he maybe has better options who already have the right mind set.

I hope adriano does get back to what he was though, its a shame that the trauma with his father sent him into alcoholism and depression

#5 ·
I can't see it happening, But regarding his issues it would be very difficult for fergie to get him over his depression, Unless fergie is now a shrink & a good one at that, Nobody could help george best even though his depression were different circumstances, Hope adriano can get good help to sort his depression out, I wish him all the best of luck for his health & future

#6 ·
im sure he said he's now over his father's death and now seems a more mature lad. Don't be surprised to see him get his own chick and start a family in a couple of years. It's time for Adriano to grow up, a mature talented footballer like him is a worthwhile asset. I'd welcome into Man United if he can prove his way like the others have done, no special treatment for any newbie into the starting squad. Of all strikers in the world atm I think he's just as and arguably more than capable of coming into a talented squad. Maybe coming to a good stable hard-working club setting would be better for him. Sir Alex is the ultimate man-manager, he's more than capable of fitting this Adriano into our squad for a few years. Follow the tide after you've come to your senses, Inter no longer need him.

#7 ·
Adriano is absolutely not the kind of player we should be signing. He is in poor physical condition, has alchohol problems and has problems with depression. He has scored a few goals for Sao Paulo but predictably he has caused more trouble.

Adriano was sent off after head butting Santos fullback Domingos and was suspended for two matches after initially risking a suspension of eighteen months. He was fined by São Paulo after arriving thirty minutes late for training, then leaving early and exchanging words with a photographer. According to team sporting director Marco Aurelio Cunha, Adriano “left the training ground because he wanted to. The team does not miss him. If he is not happy at São Paulo he is free to go."

Sir Alex is a good man manager but he has a whole squad of players to worry about, he can't spend the entire time baby sitting Adriano. We have spent the last couple of seasons frustrated with the injury problems of Saha, what we need now is a reliable striker who will be available when needed. Obviously that is not Adriano, certainly not for 15m.

#16 ·
sean2689 said:
Well sorry guys but apparently this fella is back to his best....check this link >>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7407937.stm
I'm glad at least someone posted this.

Adriano is pretty much back to his best. He has been called up to the national team and he deserves it. Just read in that link, what he did in their recent Copa Lib game...he was fantastic.

I wouldn't mind him personally, but i'd rather we go someone younger. Adriano belongs to Inter Milan and i don't see them letting him go, at least until they've given him another chance.

#17 ·
NateR said:
I'm glad at least someone posted this.

Adriano is pretty much back to his best. He has been called up to the national team and he deserves it. Just read in that link, what he did in their recent Copa Lib game...he was fantastic.

I wouldn't mind him personally, but i'd rather we go someone younger. Adriano belongs to Inter Milan and i don't see them letting him go, at least until they've given him another chance.
Adriano was on loan to Parma a few years ago and back then he pretty much took the ball, ran the pitch down and finished with a shot...or lost the ball. He didnt use his fellow striker Mutu that much. Thats his style Im affraid which makes him not of any interest of Manchester United.
But we've also seen at his best he got a GUN in his left foot. He can score when fit but he's a big guy, a stout one and he use to struggle to stay fit a longer time.

He fell out of Inter due to (at least this is what was said was the reason) personal problems. His father passed away, broke up with his girlfriend and got a great competition at Inter on the striker positions.

A no thanks from me.

#18 ·
sean2689 said:
Agreed on Luis Fab but not berba, great player but his attitude and enthusiam seems to suck lately, if its because hes at tottenham thats still no excuse.
fabiano is very overrated IMO. good player, but he doesn't have any stand out features like pace, tricks, movement etc.

berbatov may look like he has a bad attitide, but ronaldo is much, much worse.

imagine with the movement that roonay, ronaldo and tevez do, berbatov's creativity would be insanely good.

altough i would prefer benzema.

anyone but huntelaer.

#19 ·
I can see where the thread creator is coming from.

Abilty-wise, he is quality.

But his head is messed up, his attitude stinks and I don't even think someone like Sir Alex can sort him out.

I'm waiting on the "he seems to be back to normal" comment coming but he got explode again at any minuted and wouldn't be a trustworthy player.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.