Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
David Silva's agent has admitted a number of clubs have enquired about signing the Valencia star.

Reports have suggested Liverpool are leading the chase for the Spanish international with Juventus also thought to be keen on signing the winger.

Valencia are facing a real fight to keep hold of their top stars due to their financial problems and clubs are waiting in the wings to lure Silva away from La Mestalla.

It has been claimed Liverpool have tabled a take-it-or-leave-it £15million offer for Silva as Reds boss Rafa Benitez refuses to get involved in a bidding war for the 23-year-old.

Silva's representative, Jose Segui, admits there is interest in the player, but that his future depends on Valencia.
Speculation
"At this time it is normal there are many stories in the papers about transfers, but the decision depends on Valencia," Segui told skysports.com.

"It is certain that some clubs have asked about the boy, but he has a deal with Valencia and he is happy in the city."

Valencia sporting director Fernando Gomez insists no decisions will be made on the futures of any players until the end of the season with Valencia still battling for UEFA Champions League qualification.

"Now it is impossible to negotiate anything because the future of the team in qualifying for Europe is not decided and that is key for the budget next season," said Gomez.

Blow
Meanwhile, Silva has been ruled out of Valencia's final three games of the season through injury.

Silva sustained a groin injury in last weekend's win over Real Madrid and he is expected to be sidelined for up to three weeks.

Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Agent admits Silva interest

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
I'd like that too, he is rumoured to be willing to move abroad, and i know we had a bid rejected by Valencia for him last summer.
They're in some serious debt. I read today €100 million and they've had to put their new stadium plans on hold. I'm pretty sure, if we tried we could get both Villa and Silva in a double deal for quite a bargain. It could solve two problems at once.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They're in some serious debt. I read today €100 million and they've had to put their new stadium plans on hold. I'm pretty sure, if we tried we could get both Villa and Silva in a double deal for quite a bargain. It could solve two problems at once.
That 100m is just to keep them affloat for the time being, they are hundreds MORE millions in debt. Getting Silva and Villa would be perfect, or even maybe Mata and Villa would be great too.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually haven't seen much of Mata all my brother speaks highly of him. He's a winger/playmaker?
Yeah he's a versatile winger. He doesn't like have a massive impact throughout a match, but is a very neat and tidy player that regularly scores and gets assists, and had recently broke in to the Spain team which is quite impressive.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I've watched Valencia a bit this season and i've been impressed by them.
They have some top players like Villa, Silva, Mata and Joaquin that are all great to watch.

I would like to see Silva at this club too, I think he would be a fantastic addition to the squad.
Also Mata looks a good player on the left wing, Valencia got him on a free transfer from Real Madrid and he was brillant against them last weekend getting on the scoresheet too.

If i'm being honest though, I don't see Fergie signing a player like Silva - well not in the summer anyway.
I think Fergie will give Nani another chance and maybe in January if things don't work out we could see a player like Silva here. Even though i'm sure he will be snapped up in the summer.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've watched Valencia a bit this season and i've been impressed by them.
They have some top players like Villa, Silva, Mata and Joaquin that are all great to watch.

I would like to see Silva at this club too, I think he would be a fantastic addition to the squad.
Also Mata looks a good player on the left wing, Valencia got him on a free transfer from real madrid and he was brillant against them last weekend getting on the scoresheet too.

If i'm being honest though, I don't see Fergie signing a player like Silva - well not in the summer anyway.
I think Fergie will give Nani another chance and maybe in January if things don't work out we could see a player like Silva here. Even though i'm sure he will be snapped up in the summer.
Did you know late in the transfer window last summer Fergie had a bid for Silva rejected? It was rumoured at the time that it was Silva who rejected it because he didn't want to leave Spain, but it was since come out that it was Valencia who rejected the offer (Guilleme Ballague confirmed this when I wrote in to him on sky sports news's website!)

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Did you know late in the transfer window last summer Fergie had a bid for Silva rejected? It was rumoured at the time that it was Silva who rejected it because he didn't want to leave Spain, but it was since come out that it was Valencia who rejected the offer (Guilleme Ballague confirmed this when I wrote in to him on sky sports news's website!)
Nah I didn't know anything of that actually.
Well yeah I would understand him not wanting to leave at the time, but I think he will look at an offer differently now. Well atleast it wasn't Silva personally that rejected the offer.
To be honest Richie, I wouldn't believe that Guilleme Ballague - but I understand ya.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nah I didn't know anything of that actually.
Well yeah I would understand him not wanting to leave at the time, but I think he will look at an offer differently now. Well atleast it wasn't Silva personally that rejected the offer.
To be honest Richie, I wouldn't believe that Guilleme Ballague - but I understand ya.
Yeah, I know Ballague isn't the most trustworthy of people but you get where I'm coming from. Apparently the general consensus in Spain is that Silva would consider moving abroad, but would rather Madrid or Barca, and there are big rumours that Juventus want him. So as with many of our potential targets this summer it will rest upon what Madrid and Barca decide to do!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.