Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
confirmed on sky news that AIG are officially pulling out...they are in discussions about the deal...so don't be surprised if we see a new sponsor from next season on the shirts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
I wouldnt worry about this United usually use it as a chance to pull in a even bigger sponser.

We were linked with a Indian based company yesterday .

·
Registered
31 Posts
If we are paying tribute next season and wearing the 1909 strip, Will we be wearing a sponsor on the top?? As back in 1909 there wasn't any sponsorship deals.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
What a shame. Right after I'd gotten the bottle cooler with AIG all over it...

Who am I kidding. I just wanted the chance to show off my bottle cooler. That almost sounded like a sexual innuendo...

·
Registered
11 Posts
No Worries about united am sure , we gonna have a better Sponsorship , i think airlines ! esp. the gas price is dropping :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Manchester United has signed a new multi-million pound sponsorship deal with Swiss watch manufacturers Hublot.

Hublot, which provided the timing at Euro 2008, has paid a reported £4m for a three-year partnership deal with the Champions League holders.

It joins Saudi Telecom, Budweiser, and Seoul Metropolitan Government as sponsors who have committed themselves to Manchester United this season.

The Swiss firm will now have its brand name around Old Trafford stadium.

United's shirt sponsor AIG has recently been, in effect, nationalised by the US Federal Reserve.

AIG required an $85bn (£52bn) loan last month from the US central bank in order to avoid financial collapse in the face of the global credit crisis.

At the time, United refused to comment on whether AIG's plight endangered any sponsorship money it might be owed by the giant US insurer.

After signing the Hublot deal, Man Utd chief executive David Gill said: "We are delighted to welcome such a prestigious partner as Hublot to the Manchester United family."

Jean-Claude Biver, chief executive of Hublot, said it was "an extraordinary partnership for Hublot".

Hublot was founded in 1980 by Carlo Crocco. As part of the sponsorship deal, the luxury watchmaker is to produce a Red Devil watch, with a 45-minute counter - the time of a half of play in football.

I quite like their logo too -

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
What the hell, So the white away kit that was due to last me another season is invalid. Hate this it happened with one of my old shirts too. At least my home shirt ran it's course.

Z

·
0 Posts
Busbymalone said:
Manchester United has signed a new multi-million pound sponsorship deal with Swiss watch manufacturers Hublot.
This was announced ages ago. It's not a shirt sponsor, just another side sponsor like Budweiser.

·
Registered
42 Posts
-zuco- said:
This was announced ages ago. It's not a shirt sponsor, just another side sponsor like Budweiser.
Ahhh. the story was underneath the AIG story on BBC football, I stupidly thought it was a latest development! ;)

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Man_Utd_Hibees said:
If we are paying tribute next season and wearing the 1909 strip, Will we be wearing a sponsor on the top?? As back in 1909 there wasn't any sponsorship deals.
Believe me, they will have a sponsor, United never miss a chance to make some money!

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Of course there will be a new shirt sponsor. In these difficult economic times, it would be totally stupid not to try and make money anyway you can. We want the best players at the club, therefore we MUST have a sponsor.

Probably some company from the UAE or some big oil coporation. Basicially companies that won't be too badly effected by the recession and have some money to spend on maintaining there brand name and maybe targeting new markets.

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
he troubled US insurer AIG will not be renewing its shirt sponsorship deal with Manchester United that expires in May 2010.

AIG agreed to pay £14m-a-year for four years for the shirt sponsorship and also has a longer £5m-a-year deal to run MU Finance.

It is currently restructuring itself, having received a $150bn (£109bn) bail-out from the US government.

It is not clear whether the MU Finance deal will continue.

AIG signed a six-and-a-half year deal at the beginning of 2008 to offer insurance, credit cards and mortgages using the MU Finance brand.

Manchester United said that it had already started talking to a select group of potential sponsors.

Its spokesman added that it was normal to begin the process this early because technical issues surrounding the manufacturing of shirts meant that it has to know who will be its shirt sponsor for the 2010/2011 season by the autumn.

Last week in Macau, Manchester United chief executive David Gill said he would not be surprised if the AIG shirt sponsorship deal was not renewed.

AIG has already ended its sponsorship deal with the US Davis Cup tennis team.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7841748.stm

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
yeah they have a contract till the end of the 2010 season. so a new kit sponsor won't come into play till the season after next.
obviously, we will not have a problem replacing them, and i wouldn't be particularly surprised if we took more money as a result

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
RedAdam said:
yeah they have a contract till the end of the 2010 season. so a new kit sponsor won't come into play till the season after next.
obviously, we will not have a problem replacing them, and i wouldn't be particularly surprised if we took more money as a result

they are trying to pay United off so that they don't have to fulfill the final year. Say for example they give United 5 million. Then United can not only take that 5 million but also go looking for new sponsors right away. It saves AIG money in the long term. If you get what I mean?

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
peterswellman said:
they are trying to pay United off so that they don't have to fulfill the final year. Say for example they give United 5 million. Then United can not only take that 5 million but also go looking for new sponsors right away. It saves AIG money in the long term. If you get what I mean?
that would work in United's favour and we would have that ugly logo off the jersey.
that's hoping the new one won't be worse though :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeh they are definitley trying to end the deal early with a pay off.....so we should see a new logo for next season.......as we are all concerned with the aesthetics of how the shirt will look lets hope we don't get sponsored by a bunch of muppets

1 - 20 of 35 Posts