Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I thought they were just not renewing the sponsorship, so we were safe until 2010, no? :confused:

Anyway, it was always going to happen after the financial trouble that affected them at the end of last year. And after all, it is unnecessary money they would be paying out.

As for other sponsors, there will always be an option for us even in the current financial climate.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I knew it! :p

It's over with...
Alex
Is
God
:p

We have to buy new shirts in the next season. To have the newest shirt, you have to buy every year a new shirt.

If Man Utd get a new sponsor, they can the prices settle down. :p

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
Lets be honest,we only care about what it looks like on the shirt :D
It aint what it looks like, its whether the sponsor is a big company or not. When we got AIG, there was uproar cos everyone thought it looked stupid and that they had never heard of the company.

Now it seems sad to be ending the sponsorship with them as got used to them being on the shirt. I dont care really who sponsors us as long as the vast amount of money is used to put players in the shirt they will be on the front of.

Also have people realised as next season will be the final season with AIG. All three kits will be come obsolete after next season. Maybe one/two of them will stay same design and change sponsor but i think it confirms the fact that the 1909 kit will be a one season kit after all.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
antdevil78 said:
It aint what it looks like, its whether the sponsor is a big company or not. When we got AIG, there was uproar cos everyone thought it looked stupid and that they had never heard of the company.

Now it seems sad to be ending the sponsorship with them as got used to them being on the shirt. I dont care really who sponsors us as long as the vast amount of money is used to put players in the shirt they will be on the front of.

Also have people realised as next season will be the final season with AIG. All three kits will be come obsolete after next season. Maybe one/two of them will stay same design and change sponsor but i think it confirms the fact that the 1909 kit will be a one season kit after all.
very good points with the money n that who cares how it looks after all it couldnt look as bad as some of the out there *cough west ham cough*

but as for the bit in bold 1909? did we go back in time here :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
marty davidson said:
United should get a charity on there shirts like Barca and villa
agreed. although i don't know if the shareholders would agree to that. if its even a possibility, maybe have the charity on the away or 3rd/alternative strip.

Z

·
0 Posts
sl1982 said:
agreed. although i don't know if the shareholders would agree to that. if its even a possibility, maybe have the charity on the away or 3rd/alternative strip.
What shareholders? The club is owned by Malcolm Glazer, he is the only shareholder.

·
Registered
7 Posts
-zuco- said:
What shareholders? The club is owned by Malcolm Glazer, he is the only shareholder.
oh yes. quite right. with that said, i don't know if thats the kind of thing he would be up for.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
i heard on the news manchester will have "Sahara" logo on the t-shirt. its some indian company or something...not sure how true is it tbh.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
andersons_left_foot said:
very good points with the money n that who cares how it looks after all it couldnt look as bad as some of the out there *cough west ham cough*

but as for the bit in bold 1909? did we go back in time here :p
no didnt go back in time. the shirt from 1909 with the v-stripe is being released as another commemorative shirt which they tend to be one season specials.

S

·
0 Posts
-zuco- said:
and in 2010 the Hedge fund (about £250m) is due to be PAID IN FULL by the Glazers :eek:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts