Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is not a valid thread in the transfer section but please mods, don't erase it, just move it if you wish. My point is - well Ajax and Udinese are known for their policy of "football factories" when they buy a player for peanuts and then sell him for millions of pounds. Imagine if we snatched few of their top scouts and just "let them do their job" .. We could not only buy a few very talented youngsters and save a great amount of money while doing it, we could have a marvellous crop of players. Sure - we do have some great youngsters but our policy of paying high sums is pretty daft. for ex. - we could have snatched Nani,Anderson , Ronaldo or Rooney for peanuts instead of paying high sums for them. Thus we could have an extra money if we wanted to buy "Ronaldinho" for example. Oh , and it would be a lot less Djemba- Djembas, Klebersons, even Carricks ( money wise ) . Or we could have had someone like Sneijder, VDV or Zlatan in our team
Your thoughts

·
has been served
2,949 Posts
Yeah lol we already have brilliant scouts, one of them being Fergies brother, no need.

and Udinese? Never heard of them. It was always Ajax, Sporting and West Ham but more recently Tottenham and Barca

(Barca dont intentionally let there kids go, but since you cant give an under18yo a contract in spain, big money from England and other places pulls kids away, see Fabregas and Pique)

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Justice said:
Yeah lol we already have brilliant scouts, one of them being Fergies brother, no need.

and Udinese? Never heard of them. It was always Ajax, Sporting and West Ham but more recently Tottenham and Barca

(Barca dont intentionally let there kids go, but since you cant give an under18yo a contract in spain, big money from England and other places pulls kids away, see Fabregas and Pique)
udinese- never heard of them ? Well they didn't have as good players as Ajax but they always bring players for really cheap and manage to earn a lot of money for them...
And you seemed to miss my point - Our scouts are good but always too late. For example - when we bought rooney, ronaldo nani and anderson - they were already first team members so we paid a lot for them - unlike Arsenal who brought Toure for 200 000 quids i think ,and stole Merida, Cesc,Flamini and others. Now that's buisiness . Not when you pay 16 mil pounds for carrick and if you'd spotted his "talent" a year earlier you could have paid 5 mil tops.
Or Parma - just look who they've had - Buffon, Cannavaro,Thuram,Veron,Ortega, Amoroso,Crespo,Inzaghi,Adriano,Dino Baggio,Chiesa,Di Vaio,Gilardino, Rossi, Zola,Balbo,Stoichkov,Mutu,Hakan Sukur,Taffarel,Frey,Micoud,Asprilla,Couto,Conceicao,Blomqvist !
Now how the hell did they manage to declair bankrupcy ! The club must have been run by complete idiots !

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
ya I agree to a degree with what your saying, thing is we have excellent scouts already and for a big club have been v successful at bringing young players thru (look at the no. Of united academy players playing in the prem for all clubs eg higginbottom butt spector heilly to name a small few I'd bet we have more than any1 I'm open to being challenged on that point)

Unfortunately with the high no of high profile games we play we don't really have the opportunity to bring them thru like say ajax and Lisbon and west ham have over the yrs. Barcas system is the 1 I'm most impressed by cos they're in the same position as we are they've pulled fabregas iniesta xavi messi and now bojan who looks fantastic out of nowhere

Its along time since the class of 92 and we haven't really brought any1 near that quality thru since then, oshea fletch eagles and richardson are nothin to brag about

So yes it needs adresing I'd like to see a young superstar from our ranks burst onto the scene!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts