Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sir Alex Ferguson claims Gary Neville and Wes Brown are still England's best right-backs — but their days as his first choice are over.

Neville and Brown have been left in the shadows at Manchester United this season due to the emergence of Brazilian starlet Rafael Da Silva.

And Sir Alex admits the 18-year-old has already shown he has what it takes to be a regular for years to come at Old Trafford.

The United boss said: “Gary and Wes are England's best right full-backs.

“But they have a little problem because this young boy Rafael has really taken off.â€

Although Fergie has made it clear that Neville and Brown are unlikely to dislodge Rafael any time soon, he insists they are both happy to see their team-mate flourishing.

The Scot added: “All the players, Gary included, are so supportive of him. They think he is fantastic.

“It is rare for someone to come through like he has done.

“When Gary did it, he had help. He was among six or seven young players all together, like a band of brothers.

“This lad doesn't speak the language that well but he understands the football very well.â€

[Credit: TheSun]

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
i would agree. rafael needs games to get him the experience he needs but even without that i think he is a better player at the minute than neville.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
hes been a fantastic tbh for a 18year old also you cant deny his sheer class

fair enough the lad makes mistakes but hes still a rookie and really should be playing in resurves or warming the beanch but he puts in 110% every game and is pretty damn consistant and rightly desurves his place in the team,

and with having nev back it also frees up brown for CB although we have the outstanding evans as well

pretty good situation to have if the players stay happy with it

·
Registered
141 Posts
rafael is so confident and knows exactly how to approach games hes great going forward and tenacious defending cant wait to see his brother

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
it's funny, i remember at the beginning of the season when rafael first broke into the team, i heard stories about neville saying things to the tune of not liking rafael, being unimpressed with him when he saw him at peterborough, and thinking he was too attacking.
i personally, can't get enough of the kid, he will be a sensation in my book. can't wait for fabio if he's anything like as good, and brazilians seem to think he is better.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
rafael has been amazing to watch this season , a breath of fresh air.
i honestly cant think of a more promising defender in football right now.
he is world class in the making...

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
If he carries on these performances, he might even push for a call-up to the International side before too long. I'm glad he's our player and not someone elses.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
SAF is saying this now ? Rafael has been fantastic since his debut in CL against Aalborg and his super-sub performance at the emirates.

I have pinned high hopes on him , so has fergie.

Although he is really a left winger.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
futbol said:
SAF is saying this now ? Rafael has been fantastic since his debut in CL against Aalborg and his super-sub performance at the emirates.

What?

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
NateR said:
If he carries on these performances, he might even push for a call-up to the International side before too long. I'm glad he's our player and not someone elses.
Not sure about that. Dani Alves and Maicon aren't pushovers.

·
Registered
605 Posts
futbol said:

i guess you are talking about fabio or you are drunk

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I said a while ago that I'd make Rafael first choice.

He's been fantastic for us, and is only going to get better.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
I think natural footballers can play for any team and fit in and Rafael is a natural .

What I like is the fact everyone said Fabio was the better player and we have'nt even had the chance to see him play yet .

The down side of it for fabio is Evra is ahead of him and how do you displace him ?

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
red dave said:
I think natural footballers can play for any team and fit in and Rafael is a natural .

What I like is the fact everyone said Fabio was the better player and we have'nt even had the chance to see him play yet .

The down side of it for fabio is Evra is ahead of him and how do you displace him ?
good point, the right is where we need the cover and reliability. we already have it on the left in the worlds best left back at the moment. he's roberto carlos but can tackle as well

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i think the emergence of rafael has been the highlight of our season so far , with jonny evans just behind him . both players have looked very good when called upon but rafael has that extra bit of flair about him.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Can't wait to see him next season, i think he and his brother (when he finally gets his chance) will be absolute sensations at united for years to come!!! :D

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
I think that rafael will be our first-choice right back next season if SAF thinks that he has enough tough games under his belt to do well, and I'm pretty sure that fabio will get his chance

1 - 20 of 32 Posts