Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
IanDangerously said:
If you've been to every carling cup game you wont have any problem getting a ticket I think.
yeah and hopefully they wont just give me an 80 one cause i said any pref to prices. hopefully they will give me options. daylight robbery if you ask me. the whole cup scheme sucks but wev all complained 101 times so im gonne stop now
just hope i get them. my first season ticket so be glad to be going to a cup final with it that isnt the community shield cause it was good but still

·
Registered
364 Posts
Clarky101 said:
yeah and hopefully they wont just give me an 80 one cause i said any pref to prices. hopefully they will give me options. daylight robbery if you ask me. the whole cup scheme sucks but wev all complained 101 times so im gonne stop now
just hope i get them. my first season ticket so be glad to be going to a cup final with it that isnt the community shield cause it was good but still
Don't they normally give you the most expensive ones if you apply for them? :confused:

Do you have to join the cup scheme thing if your a season ticket holder? I'm on the season ticket waiting list for next year and really couldn't give a flying **** about any of the cup competitions. :p

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Yes you have to sign up to the cup schme to get a ST.

However you can opt out of the League Cup but this stops you applying for aways.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Stephen said:
Yeah, but only when they sell out. Think you lose your credit for them as well.

What's wrong with cup games?
They're irrelevant. Well, I love the Champions League, but I'm massively apathetic towards the domestic cups.

I still love it when we win them mind you, I just dont care that much about the build that gets us there. :p

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
plus the odds of a cup game selling out to members is highly unlikely and 100% wont happen in carling cup so your have to pay for every one of those.

but i would recommend doing the cup scheme if you can afford to cause the more home cup games you apply for the more rep your build and the more chance your get of aways. but this could take years till your been up on the list for away applications. iv paid for every home cup game this year and only aways iv got is through touts. apart from the super cup and community shield but not many fans travel for them so even members get a look in on them. think the shield went on GS.

Must disagree on the cup comps tho. they great atmosphere if you reach the later stages of the comp. think tommorrows game will be ok as its sold out now. but spurs apaz fielding a meh team so dunno. plus if you opt out of it you aint getting a final if we get there. which im glad i didnt cause im going to a final now (if i get through the ballot that is). but dont get me wrong its come at a high price

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
think the cups still have something to offer aint giving up on them yet, only reason managed one CC and cant go 2morrow is because of work

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I think next season I'll try and get a cheaper season ticket (I've only got a 1 year one anyway) because paying £42 to watch us in the Carling Cup was a price I was not prepared to pay at the start of the season but I regret it now we've reached the final.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
reddwarf said:
I think next season I'll try and get a cheaper season ticket (I've only got a 1 year one anyway) because paying £42 to watch us in the Carling Cup was a price I was not prepared to pay at the start of the season but I regret it now we've reached the final.

gota' love that hindsight :)

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
reddwarf said:

i only stayed in it because when i rung up united and they told me if i opt out and we go champions league final in rome i cant apply. and then id hate it. so i stayed in and its ended up ok

·
Registered
28 Posts
Even though united are saying all Carling Cup Final ticket have been sold MU Travel are selling day trips to Wembley with a £66 match Ticket for £159 as long as your a member.

I think this is really bad. What do you lot think?

Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur

01 March 2009 - Wembley

Coach Trip A

Departure airport: Old Trafford, Manchester
Departure date: 01/03/2009
Availability: Available

Price includes Coach travel from Old Trafford, Official Parking at Wembley, £66 match ticket in the East Stand and MU Travel representation throughout.

** Please note once confirmed on this trip your ticket for the Carling Cup is guaranteed, however should you choose to enter the ballot and be successful you will not be able to collect a second ticket. **
Price: £159 per person (excluding insurance)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Carling Cup Final Tickets

Anyone got a spare, or know anyone with a spare PM me please.

willing to negotiate a price :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a lifelong Man Utd fan and have travelled over to Old Trafford many times (I'm Irish). If anybody has two spare Carling Cup Final tickets please let me know as I'd love to go to the game as I've (a) never seen Man Utd in a final (b) yet to go to the new Wembley and (c) some mates of mine (Spurs fans) who are going.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.