Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the threads on here.

I love to hear peoples views on this, that and the other.

I have noticed though......that almost all the threads sing the praises of players past and present, the club, the fans etc etc.

But there are very, very few complaints about anything 'United'.

Surely it cant be true that everyone thinks all is 'hunky-dory' at Old Trafford !!!!

There must be some really silly, small or insignificant things that piss people off !!!

Or is Old Trafford and Manchester United just perfect ???

Well.............

Come on...........

Tell all :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Far from perfect tbh.

Glazer is the main problem, Gill & Ferguson sucking up to him is the second problem.

Fergie is a great manager and will always be a legend, but he is morally bankrupt.

It's time for him to move on IMO.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I could never get to grips with 'footballers perms', especially at 'OT'. It really affected me, god im still scarred. Many things do my head in with united, but they always seem to be counter balanced with success, excitement and anticipation.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
They should get a Stanna stair lift installed for people like my dad - he's 60 and if we're sat in Tier 3 of the North Stand he's absolutely knackered by the time we get to our seat! lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
I can only agree on that, im at the top block in the stretford end and my mate stops on the way up for a rest. Id love to be involved with my dad at footie, unfortunately my parents and 3 brothers are all blues leaving me the red sheep in the family. Please dont kick me off the forum, i like it here.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
The atmosphere inside OT can be absolutely fantastic but it can also be rubbish.

The first game I attended last season was when we beat Pompey 3-0 we set a new Premiership record for attendance but after we went 2-0 up all I could hear was the Pompey fans singing '2-0 and you still won't sing', which was embarrassing.

Compare that to the last game I attended last season - the Champions League semi-final against Milan. OH MY GOD! The atmosphere was amazing! I don't remember the last time Old Trafford was jumping like that. Even 2-1 down at half-time the lads got a standing ovation as they left the pitch and when Rooney scored the winner in the last minute the roar of ROONEY, ROONEY, ROONEY at the final whistle was deafening. Still makes my hairs stand on end thinking about it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
reddwarf said:
The atmosphere inside OT can be absolutely fantastic but it can also be rubbish.

The first game I attended last season was when we beat Pompey 3-0 we set a new Premiership record for attendance but after we went 2-0 up all I could hear was the Pompey fans singing '2-0 and you still won't sing', which was embarrassing.

Compare that to the last game I attended last season - the Champions League semi-final against Milan. OH MY GOD! The atmosphere was amazing! I don't remember the last time Old Trafford was jumping like that. Even 2-1 down at half-time the lads got a standing ovation as they left the pitch and when Rooney scored the winner in the last minute the roar of ROONEY, ROONEY, ROONEY at the final whistle was deafening. Still makes my hairs stand on end thinking about it!
You're not wrong. It only seems to be good when we're playing Liverpool, Arsenal, City and Chelsea, and then on European nights. Our away support on the other hand is 2nd to none.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
I was at the Bolton game when we won 4-1 and the atmosphere was pretty good. I think the crowd was inspired by our brilliant counter-attacking goal when Ronaldo and Rooney combined to take the ball from our penalty area to the back of Bolton's net in a matter of seconds.

I wasn't at the Blackburn game but I've heard many United fans say that the atmosphere in the 2nd half, as we came back from 1-0 down to win 4-1, was electric.

You're right though - generally it is only the derby games, European nights etc when you can guarantee a good atmosphere.

You are also right in saying that our away support is fantastic. I've only been to 2 away games but even watching the games on TV you can hear the noise they make throughout the game!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts