Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I'm actually quite surprised by this tbh.

It's a good choice no doubt, but I didn't think he'd go to Blackburn. I thought that the Sunderland job would be the one he'd want.

But he's similar to Mark Hughes in terms of that, if he does the job that he can, he'll make great, efficient, cheap signings and have them punching above their weight. I don't think they could have made a better choice atm.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Clarky101 said:
sunderland would def have been the better option for him but maybe sunderland didnt want him. i just hope sunderland dont end up with souness. i really like sunderlands team, got a good squad worthy of being in the premier league. Such a shame keane left :(
I don't think there's anything to worry about in terms of Souness going to Sunderland.

I think Blackburn only wanted him because he was there before and won them a cup. (won them the League Cup.) If he hadn't they wouldn't have even been considering him imho.

I can see the next Sunderland manager being foreign though.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Clarky101 said:
yeah i was thinking id like them to go abroad for a manager but couldnt think were to start
I don't really know where to start either.

Martin Jol didn't dismiss the job when he was asked before the Hamburg-Villa game. He'd be a good choice for Sunderland imo, but I have no idea why he would want to leave Hamburg to go to Sunderland, no disrespect intended.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Yeah, a great start for Sam Allardyce.

I thought with the way the defence was playing they would struggle with Stokes long ball tactics and their physical power.

However, they played very well and got a big win today. Tomorrow will be important for Blackburn though, as they've played one more game than the rest of the bottom five teams.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
sweet fa said:
great start for big sam ,he is a proven good manager and i can't see anything wrong with the style of football his teams play either they mostly score a decent amount of goals per season , and his teams always get stuck into the big boys and then get labelled has being boring or brutal .
its all nonsense big sam does a good job pity the spoilt newcastle players would not play for him ,its their loss and sam will always finish higher than them.
It actually really annoys me when people, including Sir Alex and Arsene Wenger, start criticising other teams tactics, such as Stokes, Evertons etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.