Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would ypu choose. I tell all my scouse friends Carrick, but they say Im just biased. Opinions ?

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
hmmm...different type a players but ...

i don't know

depends on what you need

if you need a defensive midfielder to watch your playmaker's back - then alonso

and if you need a playmaker , pirlo type a player then carrick

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
CROoney is right.

Alonso is better at protecting the back 4 than Carrick but I think Carrick has the edge with his passing ability. Alonso has the vision to try difficult passes but they often don't come off. Carrick keeps things simple but knows the right time to pick a difficult pass and usually executes it perfectly.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I think Carrick is a better Manutd player than Alonso is a Liverpool player, but Alonso is the better footballer.

Alonso a few years ago was better than Carrick has ever been, but Carrick has played the btter football in the last 18 months IMO.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Why do people have this damned craze for posting comparison threads? Why would you want to compare scum with class anyway? Life is for getting people, do it!! *sheesh*

·
Registered
566 Posts
a tough choice indeed. both have their own strengths and also, they play diff roles in midfield. maybe i'm biased or sth but i prefer carrick more.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
but to be complately honest - alonso is more complete player than carrick...

when talking about carrick - he only has great through passes that stands out actually- period...that's it

alonso on the other hand is more complete on what he does than carrick on what he does...

if the entire midfield depends on that choice, and if i had money to buy only 1 player - alonso would be ahead of him

·
Registered
7 Posts
Carrick for me, much more consist for us since his early bad spell, whereas Alonso is a confidence player and fades when Liverpool need him the most. He flourishes when Liverpool flourish, Carrick has controlled our midfield and turned bad games.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
Who would ypu choose. I tell all my scouse friends Carrick, but they say Im just biased. Opinions ?
Carrick!

Obviously, i am certainly biased. They're different type of mid-field. Perhaps Alonso is more appropriate if comparing to Roy Keane.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I wonder if Jazz will ever admit how horribly wrong he was about Barry being better than Alonso, who's been miles ahead, the best player on the team tied on points at the top of the table....

Who's talking out of who's ass now?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
piazza said:
I wonder if Jazz will ever admit how horribly wrong he was about Barry being better than Alonso, who's been miles ahead, the best player on the team tied on points at the top of the table....

Who's talking out of who's ass now?
:confused:
Alonso has been the better player this season (so far)
Its not that ridiculous to think that Barry is better than Alonso.
I still reckon he is and possibly even better than Carrick.
Barry is a class act, a VERY good player, but NOT what this thread is about Pizza ;)
Benitez wanted rid of Alonso in the summer for Barry. The deal never happened
and Alonso got on with things. Yes he is a very good player, but better than Carrick?
its debatable. There isnt much in it.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
:confused:
Alonso has been the better player this season (so far)
Its not that ridiculous to think that Barry is better than Alonso.
I still reckon he is and possibly even better than Carrick.
Barry is a class act, a VERY good player, but NOT what this thread is about Pizza ;)
Benitez wanted rid of Alonso in the summer for Barry. The deal never happened
and Alonso got on with things. Yes he is a very good player, but better than Carrick?
its debatable. There isnt much in it.
I think Carrick is the best of the three. I just love being vindicated. That's all. :)

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
lol when? where? who? which? why? :rolleyes: :p
Dont make me mention Mexes>Rio or Kris Boyd>Pele ;)
?!? You must be drunk or something. Need I mention Rio's spate of form, btw? And the fact Mexes is doomed to be partnered by Juan, who has his shorts taken down week in and week out? Need I mention Kris Boyd is leading the SPL in goals?

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Thought this thread was about Carrick.

Alonso has the better footballing skills, but for consistently high performances and great passing, I'll choose Carrick, but not by much. Alonso is a good player.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
carrick just edges it for me, i love watching him play.
he is so underrated , even some of our own fans doubt him:eek: he goes about his job quietly and efficiently and his overall play is very tidy.
he also has fantastic passing ability, long short or defence splitting he has the lot.
defintely an unsung hero in some quarters.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Carrick all the way,if its the shootings of Alonso you want,get a striker,if you want the coolness and vision,get Carrick all the way.He was awesome against Germany last night

1 - 20 of 20 Posts