Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am i the only one gaggin to see tevez and saha play together?

ahrite, rooney and tevez do make a pretty mouthwatering duo, but hear me out. Id say tevez needs more minutes than rooney, to build confidence, make him assured, to get his game on point, aye. His game is off a main striker, aye, saha is more of an out and out striker than rooney, aye, why sub carlos off tonight when rooney on a yellow, doesnt need to play, the games wrapped up, im dyin to see a tevez saha duo, dyin. special mentions to nani, saha, pique, vidic tonight. liked seeing fletch play as im his no.1 fan, i love you fletch, liked his one touch football and his short passing, nice and sharp fletch, quality

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Id go along with that too Mullets. I dont think Fergie would ever drop Rooney but Id love to see Tevez and Saha have a run together. I agree with your special mentions as well. Back 4 were good....

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Rooney could be 'rested'. I'd like to see how it works. Try it out against a weaker side. FA Cup 3rd round or something. Who knows..

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
I hear people say Fletcher bossed the midfield last night !

Well no disrespect to Kiev........

But they don't really take a lot of bossing !

They are a poor team......

Maybe level with Derby and Birmingham.......

So he should be more than able to do this !!

Against the Arse or Pool or Chelsea he will look 2nd rate though !

He looks good for Scotland because they too are not too good.

Not being nasty but in my opinion Scotland have done so well in Euro 2008
qualifiers purely based on fierce pride for their nation and support which is
second to none !!

But they have flaws and soon Italy will highlight these - I hope I'm wrong.

So Fletch in small doses please !

As for Tevez and Saha........

Try it - who knows...........

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Disagree. Fletcher has proved he can rough it up with the big boys. He was very impressive against one of the other big 3 last year, cant remember who though. Scotland are poor? On paper perhaps but Fletchers had to play against Italy, France and Ukraine. They are not easy.

Anyway, yes try louis and carlos..but only if rooney is injured or in need of a rest.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
no, you're not the only one.. it occured to me a couple of times... I'm curious if it would work... But Fergie should let them play a bit , because if Rooney injures himself, we will be left on 2 strikers that haven't played together... We need to practice all options...

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Saha has had a stop-start season through injury and Tevez needs to be rested because he was thrown straight in after the Copa America due to the injury to Rooney. I just don't think Fergie has had the chance to play Saha and Tevez together yet.

I'm sure we'll see it soon enough...I'm also hoping to see a Hargreaves/Carrick central midfield partnership at some point.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I can't understand how people think fletcher is good, he is a very average player and if i had to sell any current united player he would be first out of the door. When he was 15/16 he was amazing what happened??

·
Registered
249 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
I can't understand how people think fletcher is good, he is a very average player and if i had to sell any current united player he would be first out of the door. When he was 15/16 he was amazing what happened??
I totaly agree with you.. Fletcher may be good at the bench but he certainly lacks creativity, his passes may be good but they are nothing compared to Andersons' and Carricks'..

everytime I see him starting in the first 11 I just feel like kicking something:rolleyes:

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
I can't believe how people don't rate fletcher... he's a good player...not great, but good player who can wipe anyone of the field when given a chance...his passing is decent, he runs his socks off...you won't see him making mistakes... let me tell you something, if Carrick is a player worth 14-18 million for his "every-once-on-a-while" through ball then Fletcher is worth at least 12 million.. And if Fletcher had been given a chance to cement his place and to develope as Carrick has had both at Spurs and overhere, he'd be maybe even better player than Michael !
Fletcher's main job is to keep oposition midfielder(s) away from goal. Yestarday , he switched sides a couple of times which created some space on the flanks and I thought he wasn't any worse than Carrick....

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Come off it crooney at one point flecther had a good run in the team and let united down most times he player, he along with richardson where united most unpopular players for a good couple of years until richardson went to sunderland.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Fletcher has had his moments in a United shirt but will never be a 1st team regular. If he's happy to spend his career as a squad player then fair enough we'll keep him...at least for as long as Fergie is in charge. When Fergie retires I can see Fletch moving on though.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
Come off it crooney at one point flecther had a good run in the team and let united down most times he player, he along with richardson where united most unpopular players for a good couple of years until richardson went to sunderland.
when ? give me facts, not personal opinions..
that's just like saying - " Gattuso is a bad passer, he is always useless and poor"... Gatusso's and Fletcher's main job is destruction. Now I'm not saying he's in Rino's league, but then again, no one is ( except Hargreaves).. I'm saying they have the same job description

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
you'll get the chanceto see Saha-Tevez partnership now when rooney's injured !!! I'm ready to place a bet that Saha will also injure himself in the same period !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts