Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Palermo president has admitted that Superstar brazilian Amauri will almost certainly be leaving at the end of the season. The sensational and absolutely brilliant samba star has been linked with many clubs including AC Milan and Chelsea. It is rumoured that the south american magic man is rated at £15m, which I believe would be a bargain for such a mega cool super striker. The flamboyant goal getter is a strong target man due to his great heading ability and strength. He also has the silky flicks and tricks that you expect from a brazilian. I believe that Man Utd should go for this outrageous showman as he is exactly what we need. At the bottom of the magical rainbow of dreams you find Amauri.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson?

Can't say I've ever heard of Amauri mate and I don't think he is what we need at this moment in time.

We should be chasing a top class striker in future or perhaps a right-back.

Also, how many times have we heard about these "magic men" rolleyes etc. who can't stand the pace of the premiership and who aren't really that good.

Julio Baptista couldn't handle the pace of the premiership and I'm betting he is rated a better player than (what's his name again?)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Amauri is a very decent player. Hardly a magic man though and 15 million is far from being a bargain. There are other targets that are younger, better/potentially betterand are better suited to the premierleague.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
he is kinda good...i saw a few games of his last season....scores a lot of goals....but he was injured for the rest of the season....decent player but not worth 15 mill pounds

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
just checked him out on youtube not bad goals but thats just it there only showing his best bits arnt they not his bad points

·
Registered
120 Posts
I see him every week end and he is a great player. He is similar to Berbatov or Ibrahimovic, strong and technical, the only thing is that he doesn't score a lot of goals..He is not a Trezeguet type of player

I think that he has a right price for his ability

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
For all of you who haven't seen him, he is quite decent.

I've only seen him in highlights and the odd match.

Palermo played Juve recently and I think that gives an idea about his ability. Juve are third in Serie A and have lots of quality players (Sisoko isn't one of them :) )

So here's a link for you to watch the highlights of that match, which also show a bit of the build up to the goals and not just the goals.

http://www.goalcentre.com/palermo-vs-juventus-highlights/

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have heard about him and he is a good player...BUT Juventus has already agreed to a deal with him just like Barca have agreed to sign Alves

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Van Nistelruffi said:
He is similar to Berbatov or Ibrahimovic, strong and technical, the only thing is that he doesn't score a lot of goals..He is not a Trezeguet type of player

I think that he has a right price for his ability
Truthfully if he seems like he doesn't score a lot you have to take into account the way Palermo's been playing this season. Bosko Jankovic who was brilliant at the U21 Championships, better than Babel in my opinion, hasn't shone at Palermo and Bresciano among other haven't ben at the level they can play at and scoring in the Serie A is no picnic unless your name is Shevchenko. Amauri is very good considering the circumstances but I haven't seen enough of him to pass judgement yet. Watching the highlights against Juventus Amauri played a wonderful game. Reminds me of Luca Toni with his powerful build although Amauri runs more. I don't think he's like Berbatov or Ibra though, they get their goals in gluts. Amauri scores more evenly although perhaps not as much as Berbatov. More importantly Amauri is a team player who helps his team even when not scoring his powerful running creates opportunities and unsettles defenses. In the Serie A it's harder to score and with his build I could see him scoring a lot more in England.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Amauri: Milan, Juve? I Don't Know

Palermo striker Amauri is still unsure of where he will end up playing next season.

Once again the longest running transfer saga of the season takes another turn. It was only on Thursday that the Brazilian revealed he may stay on at Palermo. However, in another twist, the striker reveals that he doesn't know whether he will be at Juventus or at Milan next season.

The Bianconeri have been favourites to sign him, however Milan have joined the race as they look to steal the player from under the Old Lady's nose.

“I still don't know whether I will move to Milan or to Juventus,†Amauri told La Repubblica.

“I want to wait until the end of the season, there are only two games left and then we will see what happens.

“One thing is for sure and that is that I will be playing in the Champions League next season.â€

Amauri also spoke of his future plans when he decides to retire from the game.

“One day I would like to return to Palermo but my dream is to waer the Sao paolo jersey, they are the team I have always supported.â€

It seems as if both Juventus and Milan will have their work cut out to try and land the player. One thing is for sure and that is Amauri will be going to the highest bidder, those are the conditions which have been set by Rosanero president Maurizio Zamparini.

Salvatore Landolina

1 - 20 of 29 Posts