Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
red_devils4life said:
At the very least he should quote the source where he's discovered the article from. It's only respectful when everytime someone post an article from a foreign site & accredit the writer of the specific article & not instead, claim credit for it ;)
You gotta start reading ....

the article states at the top
Sunday March 30, 2008
The Observer

What else do you want him to do? Who cares which site he got it from?

And how did he claim credit for it?

Sparkic - excellent post mate. Thanks for sharing and caring : )

Thanks for the link too and don't you dare let geeky smart alecs deter you from posting anything.

You tha man! : )

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
red_devils4life said:
Well, you do know that all of the threads which were started by him were from another forum right? It's not very nice to duplicate totally identical threads from another different fans forum ;)

Yeap, and I'm truly ashamed of those geeky smart alecs who loves goin' around, slating other people off at the forums. :)
Why is it not nice and more importantly what kind of person would care if he got it from another forum?

Maybe I'm too old, but since when has street cred moved into cyber space? We're all lifting information from somewhere else.

If you;re so worried about accrediting original sources, please do so the next time you quote a stat..... sheesh.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Amen to that!

Anyways Sparkic, that article is probably the best thing I've read on this forum so far, so please keep sharing any interesting reads, mate!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
red_devils4life said:
I'm truly ashamed that you actually resort to disgraceful name-callings!

I thot that only bloody, ill-bred Scousers will resort to dirty name-callings, however looks like I'm wrong though. You'd be better off supporting the likes of £helski, Le'Arse or even worse, BinDippers!

FFS, don't tell me that it's all pure coincidences that RedCafe.net also posted those totally identical threads which you've duplicated over here. Take a look at the timing of when's the article created in RedCafe.net compare to those of yours over here.

And here's the link for the 'Amazing Anderson Article': http://www.redcafe.net/f6/anderson-article-193981/
The thread on Romario retiring: http://www.redcafe.net/f7/romario-retires-193607/
Rafa confirming 3 new signings: http://www.redcafe.net/f9/rafa-confirms-three-signings-193988/
On who's going to get Ronaldinho: http://www.redcafe.net/f9/will-we-get-ronnie-time-193523/
Essien opening his big mouth again: http://www.redcafe.net/f7/essien-open-his-big-mouth-again-193515/

Now, isn't it extremely clear for everybody? It's disgraceful enough to know that there's actually this kind of supporters in our forum...and please don't go around telling others that you belong to our community here!
Don't be a hypocrite.

When it come to name-calling you've done your fair share. And it was with me. So what we have here is the pot calling the kettle black.

I suggest you get off people's back, who simply want to share a good article.

I personally would like to know the source of an article, but couldn't give a damn which site or forum it also might have appeared on.

Quite honestly, it only seems to bother you.

I also don't care if somebody copies every single thread from another forum. As long as it;s interesting / insightful / funny / poignant.

Really, who gives a damn? I certainly don't. Whoever copies a thread from another forum onto this forum is doing me a favour by saving me the trouble to have to surf around for the info! Let me buy the guy who is saving me that trouble of surfing a pint!

On the other hand, you discouraging a fellow red from sharing an interesting read DOES bother me. It's unnecessary and quite honestly it makes you look silly.

Also, I don't want to have to surf onto another forum to get my info or discuss all thing Man Utd. I'm comfortable here and it doesn;t bug me one bit where the threads are from.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
versa said:
Besides being only ethical, this is precisely why I personally think a source should be quoted if applicable, to avoid any possible issue at all, be it unnecessary squabbles (only; just a storm in a teacup in this case:) ) or even potential copyright issues or whatever and what have you. For I do noticed that some of our threads, think Newsroom's, are actually quoted in other website(s); the one I know of at least is www.manunews.com. So it can indeed be sensitive and legal consequences etc are not unreal.

By all means, share other articles we come across from elsewhere that we honestly think may be good for others here, be it from redcafe forum or goal.com, no matter. I am sure other members would greatly appreciate that we actually bother to put it up here. Just perhaps quote the source appropriately.:)
Hey Versa,

BUT he DID quote the source. Something rd4l missed out on and top of it accused him of lifting it from another forum. And then accusing that all his threads are lifted from other forums.

Quite honestly, I think it is so pathetic and the only thing rd4l managed to do is piss off a genuine fan who just wanted to share a good read.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts