• Successful - 319
Liverpool

• Total - 295
  • Successful - 241

• United - 55%
  • Liverpool - 45%

United -55%
Liverpool - 45%

Those who are judging the game on the scoreline alone should have a look at these stats. We didn't get played off the pitch. Liverpool played hoof ball tactics and scored two goals from it because of defensive mistakes, as well as two goals from set pieces. Anyone who thinks we were played off the pitch and the scoreline accurately reflects the game wants to watch it again.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Cheers Sal. Here are some more:

Shots:

• United - 17
  • Liverpool - 9

United

• Total - 380
  • Successful - 319
Liverpool

• Total - 295
  • Successful - 241

• United - 55%
  • Liverpool - 45%

United -55%
Liverpool - 45%

Those who are judging the game on the scoreline alone should have a look at these stats. We didn't get played off the pitch. Liverpool played hoof ball tactics and scored two goals from it because of defensive mistakes, as well as two goals from set pieces. Anyone who thinks we were played off the pitch and the scoreline accurately reflects the game wants to watch it again.
i agree with you on the case of we wernt played of the pitch but as for watching it agian? doubt i could stomach that lol

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I think that is what hurts me the most. It is like it is every scousers birthday. They didn't really deserve the victory, but we deserved defeat, because of the errors. We managed to snatch an ass-whooping (scoreline-wise) out of the mouth of victory (gameplay-wise).:frown:

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think that is what hurts me the most. It is like it is every scousers birthday. They didn't really deserve the victory, but we deserved defeat, because of the errors. We managed to snatch an ass-whooping (scoreline-wise) out of the mouth of victory (gameplay-wise).:frown:
Exactly. I think if Vidic hadn't made that first mistake to allow Torres in for the equalizer, we'd have won comfortably. But he seemed to get nervous after that and every time Torres came at him he had no clue how to deal with his pace. I have no shame in saying that I think Vidic cost us the game, but everyone has a bad day at the office once in a while and his performances thus far have earned us a hell of a lot more than 3 points.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
If there's something to take from this, it's that despite all of our statistical advantages, we still lost because they wanted it more. From here on in, this has to remind our team that they have to want it and then go and earn it, it won't magically appear because they're playing at Old Trafford or anything like that.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Exactly. I think if Vidic hadn't made that first mistake to allow Torres in for the equalizer, we'd have won comfortably. But he seemed to get nervous after that and every time Torres came at him he had no clue how to deal with his pace. I have no shame in saying that I think Vidic cost us the game, but everyone has a bad day at the office once in a while and his performances thus far have earned us a hell of a lot more than 3 points.
Not trying to coddle Vidic, but Rio had as much fault for that as Vidic did. He should have been dropping back for covering or been and outlet screaming his head off that Torres was charging down his back and to hoof the ball out of bounds or something.

It really does suck that we are gonna have this image of Vidic for a whole week almost tarnishing how amazing he has been the past three months.

Yeah, you are probably right, it did seem to snowball from there.

Dangit, I ain't gonna get sleep all week trying to figure out why this happened. :(

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If there's something to take from this, it's that despite all of our statistical advantages, we still lost because they wanted it more. From here on in, this has to remind our team that they have to want it and then go and earn it, it won't magically appear because they're playing at Old Trafford or anything like that.
True. The most telling statistic is that we made 18 tackles and they made 32. They battled harder than we did and although we enjoyed the lion's share of the possession, most of our attacks were broken up by good defending.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Cheers Sal. Here are some more:

Shots:

• United - 17
  • Liverpool - 9

United

• Total - 380
  • Successful - 319
Liverpool

• Total - 295
  • Successful - 241

• United - 55%
  • Liverpool - 45%

United -55%
Liverpool - 45%

i think ill remember the 4-1 stat the most:thumbsdownsmileyani

·
Registered
195 Posts
Not trying to coddle Vidic, but Rio had as much fault for that as Vidic did. He should have been dropping back for covering or been and outlet screaming his head off that Torres was charging down his back and to hoof the ball out of bounds or something.

It really does suck that we are gonna have this image of Vidic for a whole week almost tarnishing how amazing he has been the past three months.

Yeah, you are probably right, it did seem to snowball from there.

Dangit, I ain't gonna get sleep all week trying to figure out why this happened. :(

imo i think all the praise the defence got only made them think they were unbeatable,im actally happy that it happened now at least fergie can give the a hoof up the hole,But i still reckon we gotta watch out for chelski they are catchin up,yesterday was a 1 off freak result which u frequently get in footie so will every1 chill out its ours to lose

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
imo i think all the praise the defence got only made them think they were unbeatable,im actally happy that it happened now at least fergie can give the a hoof up the hole,But i still reckon we gotta watch out for chelski they are catchin up,yesterday was a 1 off freak result which u frequently get in footie so will every1 chill out its ours to lose
Yeah, that probably had something to do with it, but when every game you are playing is a big game there has to be a letdown at some point right? We hadn't lost since November, right? That wasn't going to go on forever.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts