Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 40 of 1151 Posts

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
David ‏@davidjaca 14m
COPE claims #MUFC made a formal offer of €30m for Ander Herrera. Report said Athletic will only discuss if €36m clause is met.
United are as brilliant as Spurs at BIDDING for players. Unfortunately, unlike Spurs, United don't actually go on and BUY anyone.

So I'm remaining indifferent to this story. (if it's even true) It's the easiest way to avoid any more predictable disappointment.

·
Rustling & Hustling
8,029 Posts
This guy is quality from what I've saw of him, so underrated, not worth 30m, but 18-22m would be very good.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
£25m for him. Considering we started with a £26m offer for Fabregas, I think the article is a load of nonsense.
I think we're already seen proof that Woodward won't spend money. He'd probably be loathe to bid more than about £25m for Ronnie, if we ever went in for him!

Does it ever occur to him that if we go out of Europe we'll lose millions that buying a midfield player or two might help prevent happening?!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Apparently Cope are a reliable source within Spain. They were the first news agency to break the Thiago to Bayern story. They don't appear to get involved with farming transfer stories for ratings, which is why you have probably never heard of them.

I do feel that that Herrera would represent a risk at 36m Euros. On the plus side he has always looked your typical Spanish wizard in terms of technique and he is 6ft tall, adding him and Fellani to our midfield would make an already physically strong team even more formidable in that regard. On the cautious side: I don't think that he has exactly set the world on fire in Spain, more that he is just a good player in that league. He is uncapped at senior international level at the age of 24, granted that Spain has a truly incredible midfield compliment but we are talking about 36m here!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I think we're already seen proof that Woodward won't spend money. He'd probably be loathe to bid more than about £25m for Ronnie, if we ever went in for him!

Does it ever occur to him that if we go out of Europe we'll lose millions that buying a midfield player or two might help prevent happening?!
maybe he's learned the error of his deviant ways ...one can only hope .

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
£25m for him. Considering we started with a £26m offer for Fabregas, I think the article is a load of nonsense.
I agree however a couple of weeks back we had time to piss about and attempt to unsettle and negotiate, now if we don't just cough up the lump sum were buggered.

Pressure is on, ED.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
@Arvin @Fiat Cunto Wow. I'm shocked after reading this, didn't expect it at all.
First of all I have to say I'm sad if he leaves because it's my Athletic the team he plays in, and in second place I have to say that if he wants to leave, there's no better place of arriving than United.

He is a midfielder, can play attacking midfielder, and can play in a double pivot next to a more working-type midfielder. He is great on the ball, he has an amazing technique, range, accuracy, and most of all, brain to play a passing football. He reads football very well, the best in Athletic without a doubt, he makes his teamates play. He's not to good physically, but he's gifted with the ball, his perception of the game is really good, always makes the best choice when he has the ball. He can shoot too, even though he prefers to pass most of the time.

You all can watch him this weekend at Real Madrid. The match is sunday morning at 11. It's not going to be his best game (I'm hoping to be wrong on this), because we're not going to have the ball that much but anyway... You can kind of sort out what type of player he is.

Two years ago, when Athletic played vs United, he was the best in the match in Old Trafford. He's my favorite player in Athletic, and since he came from Zaragoza always has been. One of my Athletic jerseys is one he played with, given by him and signed! :) (I sound like a freaky fangirl but he plays the same position as I do and he was in the team I aspired to play for so.. ahahahha)

·
i'm a potato
6,683 Posts
@Arvin @Fiat Cunto Wow. I'm shocked after reading this, didn't expect it at all.
First of all I have to say I'm sad if he leaves because it's my Athletic the team he plays in, and in second place I have to say that if he wants to leave, there's no better place of arriving than United.

He is a midfielder, can play attacking midfielder, and can play in a double pivot next to a more working-type midfielder. He is great on the ball, he has an amazing technique, range, accuracy, and most of all, brain to play a passing football. He reads football very well, the best in Athletic without a doubt, he makes his teamates play. He's not to good physically, but he's gifted with the ball, his perception of the game is really good, always makes the best choice when he has the ball. He can shoot too, even though he prefers to pass most of the time.

You all can watch him this weekend at Real Madrid. The match is sunday morning at 11. It's not going to be his best game (I'm hoping to be wrong on this), because we're not going to have the ball that much but anyway... You can kind of sort out what type of player he is.

Two years ago, when Athletic played vs United, he was the best in the match in Old Trafford. He's my favorite player in Athletic, and since he came from Zaragoza always has been. One of my Athletic jerseys is one he played with, given by him and signed! :) (I sound like a freaky fangirl but he plays the same position as I do and he was in the team I aspired to play for so.. ahahahha)
Have you played with/against him? I heard you played against Thiago once ;)

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Have you played with/against him? I heard you played against Thiago once ;)
No, but Thiago is from 1991. Ander is from 1989 IIRC. So no, impossible.
Even though we sometimes used to train with them after matches (with the non-traveling squad), but I've never trained with him personally either. I've seen him train a lot of times though, since we used to finish our trainings only 30 minutes after they started theirs, so we sometimes stayed and watched. He and Iraola are the two most down to earth guys in Athletic I have to say. Javi Martinez was too 3-4 years ago...

·
Registered
222 Posts
No, but Thiago is from 1991. Ander is from 1989 IIRC. So no, impossible.
Even though we sometimes used to train with them after matches (with the non-traveling squad), but I've never trained with him personally either. I've seen him train a lot of times though, since we used to finish our trainings only 30 minutes after they started theirs, so we sometimes stayed and watched. He and Iraola are the two most down to earth guys in Athletic I have to say. Javi Martinez was too 3-4 years ago...
Hi Txrt

I am a new member, were you in the Bilbao academy? Do you also know if Cope is a reliable source in Spain for transfer stories?

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Hi Txrt

I am a new member, were you in the Bilbao academy? Do you also know if Cope is a reliable source in Spain for transfer stories?
I was in Athletic's academy. Not anymore ahahahah. It doesn't say too much though, because Athletic has a pretty unique philosophy.

And yeah, Cope are kind of reliable in this kind of things, even though for example, two years ago they claimed that Barcelona players were dopping to improve their performances, and they were sued by Barcelona, and they were proved to be totally wrong. But they have some reliable journalists, for example Juanma Castaño, who is usually the one talking about this kind of transfer rumours; he is a friend of Villa, Reina, etc etc and he has some kind of knowledge about this things, so yeah, I would say they're a "realiable" source, at least compared to the other ones in Spain. Hahahaha.

And welcome to the forum, hope you stick around and keep posting over here! :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
I was in Athletic's academy. Not anymore ahahahah. It doesn't say too much though, because Athletic has a pretty unique philosophy.

And yeah, Cope are kind of reliable in this kind of things, even though for example, two years ago they claimed that Barcelona players were dopping to improve their performances, and they were sued by Barcelona, and they were proved to be totally wrong. But they have some reliable journalists, for example Juanma Castaño, who is usually the one talking about this kind of transfer rumours; he is a friend of Villa, Reina, etc etc and he has some kind of knowledge about this things, so yeah, I would say they're a "realiable" source, at least compared to the other ones in Spain. Hahahaha.

And welcome to the forum, hope you stick around and keep posting over here! :D
Thank you for the welcome. I hope to stick around there is a good vibe on this forum. I have to ask though, is Ander 36m good?

21 - 40 of 1151 Posts