Manchester United Talk banner

41 - 60 of 1151 Posts

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Do not believe this rumour for a second. At 30million, would be an absolute rip off. He has never stood out for me in La Liga at all!

·
Rustling & Hustling
8,029 Posts
Him and Fellaini would be perfect, a strong midfielder and a midfielder who is very good on the ball and is more offensive than Carrick but can still pass

·
Registered
222 Posts
Looking at Herrera's stats and it seems that he likes a tackle too. Add Fellani to Carrick and Herrera and we would have quite a physical midfield three. It seems like an attractive blend.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ander Herrera's suggested United move backed up by agent's Twitter account

Manchester United have reportedly bid for Ander Herrera, and the player's agent has recently followed Manchester United players on Twitter.

Manchester United were reported to have bid €30m for Ander Herrera earlier, and there appears to be something else to back up the story as the player's agent has followed Manchester United players on Twitter.

A glimpse at the agent's Twitter account shows that Rio Ferdinand, Robin van Persie and Wayne Rooney have very recently been followed, lending credence to reports he could be set for United.

Of course, this doesn't mean anything necessarily, and we don't know when exactly they were followed, but that combined with COPE's previous record of getting the Thiago story correct suggests there could be something in it. United have reportedly decided to move away from their earlier style of being public with their transfers, and are instead keeping things more under-wraps, so it's not a huge surprise that this story should break in the Spanish press first.

If it is likely, then we should see a fairly rapid development over the last few days. And as pointed out on Twitter, he's already had more memorable performances at Old Trafford than our current crop.

http://www.thebusbybabe.com/manchester-united-transfer-rumours-news/2013/8/29/4673404/manchester-united-transfer-rumours-ander-herrera

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I'd have him over Fellaini, nowhere near 30m at this point, but he has a higher ceiling than the Belgian and a lot more in his locker than just physicality or a defensive presence.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
these rumors are probably legit, since we failed to sign so many already new names will appear since its the end of the transfer. I think this guy is the one! and for less than 36m euro.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Almost every assist in every goal chance is by Ander.
Included the second goal, the first two Athletic chances on the video... etc

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Would actually prefer him to Fellaini. Offers more than just physicality in midfield and getting forward while Carrick sits back and screens the back four as he usually does.

Price tag a bit too much......but money talks. Plus at 24, he has a very high potential rate to improve into a very classy United player.

Arsenal will sign him.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
God i wish this would happen, unfortunately we'll probably bid £30m, then call it a day when they ask for a few quid extra, such is the magnitude of our inability to perform even the simplest of tasks this summer...

Herrera and Fellaini would be a magnificent summer

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd say no, he's probably not 36M good.
I wouldn't pay 36M for him, being objective.
No, when it comes to perceiving value, most people aren't really subjective. We tend to overvalue things we are attached to and undervalue what we do not have. Hindsight is 20/20, but I bet if you go ask Barca's hierarchy now whether they should have paid 40 million euros for Javi Martinez before Bayern, they would have raised all four limbs up and say "YEEEESSSSS!!!"

And to be honest, I really do not mind paying 30 to 40 million for a midfield player which ticks all the checkboxes. My only concern now is that we are going to spend more time twiddling over that last 6 million euros.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I was in Athletic's academy. Not anymore ahahahah. It doesn't say too much though, because Athletic has a pretty unique philosophy.

And yeah, Cope are kind of reliable in this kind of things, even though for example, two years ago they claimed that Barcelona players were dopping to improve their performances, and they were sued by Barcelona, and they were proved to be totally wrong. But they have some reliable journalists, for example Juanma Castaño, who is usually the one talking about this kind of transfer rumours; he is a friend of Villa, Reina, etc etc and he has some kind of knowledge about this things, so yeah, I would say they're a "realiable" source, at least compared to the other ones in Spain. Hahahaha.

And welcome to the forum, hope you stick around and keep posting over here! :D
Most imprtant question, were you in any of the football manager games ? ;)

41 - 60 of 1151 Posts