Manchester United Talk banner

1101 - 1120 of 1151 Posts

·
In Jones we trust
8,412 Posts
not good enough to start for atletic no more.. quick sign him up!!
Exactly. His stock seems to have dropped considerably. Maybe that's because the move to United collapsed but then maybe it isn't. As far as I'm concerned though a guy who isn't getting on the pitch for Atletico Bilbao (and then when he plays is in poor form) isn't really what we should be looking for. Especially if they are still pushing for his buy-out fee.

·
Big Daddy
34,250 Posts
Exactly. His stock seems to have dropped considerably. Maybe that's because the move to United collapsed but then maybe it isn't. As far as I'm concerned though a guy who isn't getting on the pitch for Atletico Bilbao (and then when he plays is in poor form) isn't really what we should be looking for. Especially if they are still pushing for his buy-out fee.
Maybe we've "turned his head".

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Fuck off even mentioning Milner, workrate aside, hes not an improvement on Cleverley...

Young Spanish midfielders are what we should look at, Torres, Koke, Herrera, Roberto etc

·
Registered
222 Posts
f**k off even mentioning Milner, workrate aside, hes not an improvement on Cleverley...

Young Spanish midfielders are what we should look at, Torres, Koke, Herrera, Roberto etc
It is very odd that we still have no outfield Spanish players in our side. Spain are producing the best talent around, the players are always 100% professional and many of them come on relatively low wages. Mata and Silva both came to England for very reasonable terms. Herrera was going to accept next to nothing (relative terms) to play for us.

It will be curious if Moyes does go for Herrera though as he has claimed that he really needs to assess a player before he moves for them. If he has been assessing Herrera since that start of the season then I am not sure how he will conclude to make a move for him.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Herrera is a good player but I don't see all the fuss about him, he's definately not worth his buyout clause.
Whenever I've seen him play, he gets stuck in, has some fantastic footwork and he's creative but he doesn't really do well at dictating the tempo of his team and his passing skills is inconsistent. He's more like a fit Anderson to me.
I would prefer Koke to him in every way.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Recently Ed Woodward mentioned while clarifying on this deal that when the club mentioned that nothing less than the realease clause will do, UTD backed off. So it is clear we are not ready to match the clause. Not sure how it would go any further unless Bilbao or the player himself makes some move towards making the deal happen.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Recently Ed Woodward mentioned while clarifying on this deal that when the club mentioned that nothing less than the realease clause will do, UTD backed off. So it is clear we are not ready to match the clause. Not sure how it would go any further unless Bilbao or the player himself makes some move towards making the deal happen.
Some people are speculating that Bilbao will sell at less than clause if the player is no longer wanted by the coach and/or club. It seems that is the case for Ander.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Off late the talk going on about his dip in performance this season and the notion that he is no more wanted by the coach and club raises the questions about if he is good enough for UTD?

is the dip in performance due to our interest and his mind not being in right place ... is yes then the good news is that he is wanting a move to UTD but the bad news is about his mental strength being so weak that he is easily distracted by external factors effecting his performance on the pitch.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Ander Herrera: "I have to apologize for trying to confuse the ref with my dive today. Then we complain because they are sometimes wrong... it won't happen again."
Takes one hell of a man to own up to something like that, even though it shouldn't.

I'm talking to you, Ashley Young

1101 - 1120 of 1151 Posts