Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well now he is adapted to the game of man utd he will start showing his talent and to score more than 20 goals as midfield

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Wishfull thinking, I dont think he'll be a goalscoring midfielder to the 20 goal a season mark, but hopefully he will start to contribute goals

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
im sure anderson will be a major player for utd in coming seasons but i doubt if he could score 7 in a season .rooney and tevez will struggle to score 20 a season ,utd desperatley needs a world class goalscorer especialy if ronaldo leaves .

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
sweet fa said:
im sure anderson will be a major player for utd in coming seasons but i doubt if he could score 7 in a season .rooney and tevez will struggle to score 20 a season ,utd desperatley needs a world class goalscorer especialy if ronaldo leaves .
Why will Rooney and Tevez struggle to score 20 goals?? Neither were far off the mark this season despite both having slow starts and not consistently playing.. I'm certain both will get above 20 next season assuming they stay fit

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
anderson this season has shown glimpses of a really top quality midfielder. he has the eye for a pass, he can use some silky skills yet he knows when and where to use them. for such a young guy, his football brain seems to be pretty sound, and although he only had 1 assist and didnt score in open play, (although i'm happy to count that penalty) he seems to have a fairly good shot on him and not be afraid to use it. he looks like the sort of player who can get his eye in and then start to get a few.

i think 20 goals is a bit too far for him, certainly next year. perhaps he can contribute 5-10 this year and then we can start considering him as a 20 goal a year man. we shouldn't hide behind our expectations of a 19 year old to avoid the fact that if Ronaldo leaves, we need a world class striker.

Anderson has played behind the striker on a couple of occasions, notably Arsenal in the cup where i felt he ran the game and was immense. he also has strength and pace, but the last thing that he (and Nani) need are comparisons to ronaldo and ronaldinho respectively. they are both so young and need nurturing that although we may see shades of a top quality guy, they don't start to think it before they get there.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
He gets his shots on target, but with no power and lacking that addtional technique to finish and wrap his foot around the ball to get more lift to the ball, that would be grande! But yeah there's plenty of time peeps!

·
Registered
99 Posts
anderson & others will score goals when/if ronaldo leaves. everything goes through ronaldo & people like ando, when he starts only has 1 maybe 2 shots a game & there from long distance. He has all the tools to became a quality midfielder. that left foot could get maybe 6-8 goals nxt season. we all know his right foot won't. if sir alex decide to wait till january to buy another striker & with hargreaves, scholes,carrick,fletcher all fighting 4 two places, i hav a feelin that ando will play in that behind the striker role more often nxt season.

Z

·
0 Posts
It amazes me how many fans dont know how to spell the players names.

A-N-D-E-R-S-O-N

See, easy.

Thread title edited :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
marty davidson said:
i hope he scores his 1st goal soon
my sentiments entirely . i for one would be happy if he broke his duck.
to be fair he had a few chances last year and should have had three or four goals .
i am looking for a big season from him this year with scholesy coming off the bench more .
he has had his settling in season along with nani and hargreaves , they all need to improve and justify their transfer fees next season

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'm not so sure if Anderson's the same sort of player Ronaldinho is. He's in the middle of the field, containing opposition, moving the ball forward and preventing it moving back etc. like Scholes. He could very well have the occasional goal or two but it's not really what he does.

All we can do is just see how he does next season.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
i hope so...he's a great asset to the team...he will be surely in a couple of years rival the best players in the world...

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I hope he gets his first goal sooner rather than later. He was primarily bought as an attacking midfield player and part of the job description is to contribute goals. He is a good striker of the ball and was unlucky not to score on a couple of occasions for us.

I don't think it's necessarily a case of the floodgates being opened once he gets his first but when he does it'll be such a confidence boost for him that he's bound to get on the scoresheet again.

In a few seasons I'm expecting him to be banging them in on a regular (for a midfield player) basis.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well today he score for brazil haha thats mean a good motivation so in future for man utd he will score many for sure

1 - 20 of 37 Posts