Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Anderson has told Sir Alex Ferguson he is ready to be Manchester United's very own Kaka should the Scot look to push him into a more advanced role in future.

The young Brazilian quickly belied his misleading reputation as ‘the new Ronaldinho' upon his arrival at Old Trafford in the summer, showing his physical side when bullying Cesc Fabregas in only his fifth Premier League outing.

He has been a considerable presence in United's midfield ever since but took on more of a playmaker's role in Sunday's 3-0 win over Liverpool, and it is a position he could be asked to fill for his country against Sweden on Wednesday having been called up to replace the injured Kaka.

Given the Milan star is the reigning Ballon d'Or winner and Fifa World Player of the Year they are some boots to fill, particularly in a creative sense, but Anderson is not daunted by the challenge and has hinted he sees his future at United playing in the Kaka mould.

"I had more freedom and played as a number 10 against Liverpool," said Anderson in the Manchester Evening News.

"I feel very at ease playing this way and I hope that I can repeat the performances I have had at my club when I play for Brazil.

"I just want to play in as many games as possible. Even if I have to play in goal, I'll do it.

"I've enjoyed every match I've been involved in this season and the different positions I've taken up.

"In the long term, I'm sure the manager will play me wherever he feels I will be most effective."

Anderson's confidence in adopting more of an advanced role will only further suggestions that he has been purchased to act as Paul Scholes' long-term successor at Old Trafford.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
he has got the potential, and with a defensive midflelder like hargreaves in our squad, we can afford to let him have more freedom attacking. but i still feel that fergie will opt for 451, with extra cover for him when he does fill in that role as no 10, like against liverpool

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
He can be even better than Kaka. I was excited about him when i first heard of him and i'm even more excited at just how brilliant he can become. All he needs are goals.

·
Breaking into the first team
654 Posts
V.Good Player :)

He is practising his goal celebrations? What- a samba style Tap Dance :D

Cmon Ander-son-son score some goals :)

·
23,699 Posts
Anderson aiming high

Some additional interesting read....

Source: Manutd.com

Brazilian starlet Anderson can already lay claim to an unforgettable debut season. As he told United Review, there's still time to make it even better...

How would you sum up your first season at Old Trafford?

I feel I’ve improved my performances both in matches and in training. At first, it took me time to get used to the way things work at United, but from then on I’ve just tried to improve step-by-step and give my best for the team. I’m very happy with everything about my life at Old Trafford.

Which do you feel has been your best performance so far?

If I had to pick one I’d say the 4-0 win over Wigan [in October]. It was only my fifth appearance for the club and I came on after [Nemanja] Vidic got injured. It was a great win for the team and I felt I was the best player on the pitch that day [laughs]!

You’re a big favourite with the fans already, does that mean a lot to you?

I love it – we all sing each other’s songs in the dressing room when we’re joking around. I find it difficult to describe how it feels to hear the fans sing my name – it’s amazing. It gives me extra strength on the pitch and makes me want to do my best to repay the fans for the fantastic support they have shown me since I joined. They’ve all made me feel very welcome.

The words of the song describe you as a midfield magician and we’ve seen you play in a number of midfield positions – where do you feel your best position is?

I don’t have a preference, to be honest. I just want to play in as many games as possible. Even if I have to play in goal, I’ll do it! I’ve enjoyed every match I’ve been involved in this season and the different positions I’ve taken up. In the long term, I’m sure the manager will play me wherever he feels I will be most effective.

Are you pleased to have avoided Liverpool in the Champions League draw and how much are you looking forward to facing Roma again?

To be honest I didn’t really have a preference as to who we were drawn with in the quarter-finals because at this stage of the competition every game is a tough one, no matter who you play. It’ll be a little strange to play Roma again so soon after the group matches, but I’m really looking forward to the tie. We all want to win the trophy and we know we’ll have to fight very hard to do that. But we have a great chance.

Aside from helping the team win trophies, presumably you’re looking to add goals to your game sometime soon…

I’m literally praying for goals [laughs]! I’m hopeful that when I start scoring I will score some important goals in important games. I’ve certainly got some good celebrations planned!

The fixture schedule is going to be very busy between now and the end of the season – are you looking forward to the challenge?

It’s a beautiful thing to be involved in a finale to a season such as this one. We’re in a good position in the Premier League and the Champions League and we are focused on winning both trophies. Do I get nervous? [Puts on his sunglasses and reclines in his chair, grinning] No, never. I’m always happy! And I hope I will be even happier come the end of the season.

·
Registered
114 Posts
He is a great player. b But one thing he has to do is lean how to shoot. Once he scores his first goal i think he will be better in front of goal.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I think it's great that he has so much confidence in himself, and I don't see why he shouldn't. His game has come on a lot this season and I am really pleased with the way he hsa settled in.

I hadn't really thought about him play more advanced but if he did I'm sure he could do it. Only time will tell if that will be his best position though.

I think that this season his best performances have come when hge has played alongside Hargreaves, e.g. Emirates in November. I think as he grows in maturity goals will start to come for him and if/when that happens, we might just have the closest thing we've had in a long time to an all-round midfielder.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
GeordieMancunian said:

Anderson has told Sir Alex Ferguson he is ready to be Manchester United's very own Kaka should the Scot look to push him into a more advanced role in future.

The young Brazilian quickly belied his misleading reputation as ‘the new Ronaldinho' upon his arrival at Old Trafford in the summer, showing his physical side when bullying Cesc Fabregas in only his fifth Premier League outing.

He has been a considerable presence in United's midfield ever since but took on more of a playmaker's role in Sunday's 3-0 win over Liverpool, and it is a position he could be asked to fill for his country against Sweden on Wednesday having been called up to replace the injured Kaka.

Given the Milan star is the reigning Ballon d'Or winner and Fifa World Player of the Year they are some boots to fill, particularly in a creative sense, but Anderson is not daunted by the challenge and has hinted he sees his future at United playing in the Kaka mould.

"I had more freedom and played as a number 10 against Liverpool," said Anderson in the Manchester Evening News.

"I feel very at ease playing this way and I hope that I can repeat the performances I have had at my club when I play for Brazil.

"I just want to play in as many games as possible. Even if I have to play in goal, I'll do it.

"I've enjoyed every match I've been involved in this season and the different positions I've taken up.

"In the long term, I'm sure the manager will play me wherever he feels I will be most effective."

Anderson's confidence in adopting more of an advanced role will only further suggestions that he has been purchased to act as Paul Scholes' long-term successor at Old Trafford.
KAKA WHO:confused: he is better he can defend he is the best wait unitel next season and see him

·
Registered
216 Posts
Anderson is already a top class player only in his first season! obviously he has realy improved consistently since he joined united,lets give him time,dumm he can be better than kaka....//////

P

·
0 Posts
Maybe, but you're right about improving his shooting. It was terrible against Liverpool :D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
he certainly has the potential......and he is better defensively than kaka.....will be very interesting to see how he improves next season...will be great to see him in the centre of midfield and start scoring for a change....and yeah...if he is the next kaka he should start scorin' like him....he wants his first goal so bad and that shows...he is shooting every ball sky high... :eek: .....really hope he improves his shooting....

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Aaaaaandeeeerson son son!

This guy is class with the brass and like Haggler likes to say class on the grass!

His vision, ball skills and passing are absolutely superd and at 19 he has a very bright future ahead of him. He IS the new Paul Scholes.

Although he has made less of an impact than Nani in terms of assists and goals, his play in midfield has been vital an I'm looking to see him in a more advanced role.

Once we get a classic centre forward I'm sure he'll be pushed up and then the EPL and Europe better get ready for Samba lessons!

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
WHO IS KAKA:confused: oh that stupid one who took the golden ball from ronaldo bec. he is polite ANDERSON THE NEW BRAZILIAN MASTER

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I love watching Anderson play.

His passing is world-class, he can run with the ball and is a great tackler.

He's better than Hargreaves and Carrick at just 19!!!!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts