Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing tonights game against Portsmouth i believe we truely have a new 'key player' in our team and im talking about Anderson.

Even without Ronaldo Nani Carrick and Hargreaves who all can influence a game with their attacking ability and passing prowess we looked incredibly classy with Anderson back in the side but it was most pleasing for me to see finally he has been given the freedom to roam about the pitch probably for the first time since joining from Porto last summer. For me this is his best position, i know from going to United a fair bit that some of the United die hards have questioned wheather Scholes and Anderson can play together, but tonight proved they can, Scholes playing a deep lying midfield role and Anderson roaming from each side of the pitch and allowing him to opperate between the forwards and the midfield. I think this is certainly his best position even though he can play the Scholes role deeper in the midfield also, what does everyone think of tonights performance from Anderson and maybe we have discovered a way of playing without Ronaldo ?

Give me your thoughts guys :)

After tonight Drew9= very excited !

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I'll be delighted when we have more than one effort on target against Portsmouth in a 2nd half. :rolleyes:

Anderson played well tonight. He tackled hard and made some good passes and runs which we expect of him. If he is playing that free role though he needs to be threatening the opposition teams goal more often, especially in a match like tonight where we dominated.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I agree. He has a great way of making a good pass. I lost count tonight how
many times he made a good key pass. It was incredible. His energy levels were
good considering he was in China. This kid is the future of United and will be around for many a year. Id be happy for him playing anywhere,
LB, CM, left wing, off the striker or even the 'free role'.
The boy is a future legend, nuff said.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
'Keano4taoiseach' i think your being pretty harsh, but i agree with Jazz, his passing is amazing, just by playing thr simple ball he makes himself look very classy and personally in my opinion he makes Fabregas look like Robbie Savage.
He will be world class in a season or two and im so glad he's with United, and even if Ronaldo is off next summer it may not be that much of a disaster because we can see this boy can play a similar free role in the side, love his and Tevez's attitude ! Delighted after tonights game.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Drew9 said:
'Keano4taoiseach' i think your being pretty harsh, but i agree with Jazz, his passing is amazing, just by playing thr simple ball he makes himself look very classy and personally in my opinion he makes Fabregas look like Robbie Savage. He will be world class in a season or two and im so glad he's with United, and even if Ronaldo is off next summer it may not be that much of a disaster because we can see this boy can play a similar free role in the side, love his and Tevez's attitude ! Delighted after tonights game.
Ah c'mon now mate, let's be serious here. Anderson is an excellent prospect and a very good player who tackles well and does the simple things well.

But Fabregas does those things and a lot more. Fabregas has done for the last two seasons what Anderson has not done consistently yet and Scholes hasn't done lately. That is, make that final through ball that opens up the defence and sets up goals. Fabregas did that numerous times last season and got on the scoresheet himself a few times also.

I'm not trying to bash Anderson here but he is not at the same level as Fabregas yet with regards to passing and attacking play. No way.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
^^ think Drew was exaggerating a bit me thinks ;-)

Slightly off topic but still about Anderson.....just been listening to OShea and Rio
having interviews on MUTV and they were slagging off Anderson's hair lol :D
Apparently he had his extensions out and there was no one in China to braid
him up lol. Rio laughed about the 'state of his barnet' :p
Anderson strikes me as the type of player who is great for team morale.
Crowd love him and players love him. Future legend.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I disagree mate, if someone said to me you can either have Fabregas or Anderson i'd take Anderson all day long.
Im genuinely excited about this lad and seeing him live makes you realize further more how gifted he is.

Obviously i was joking comparing Fabregas to Robbie Savage, but in my opinion Anderson is already a better player with more potential, you only have to look at the game at the Emirates and the cup game at OT last season to see how Anderson out classed and out muscled Fabregas ... no competition in my eyes even if i am a biased United supporter.

Jazz i agree about the hair though jeeeeeeeeez, it's awful is it not. Lets hope Rio can sort it out sharpish, either that or get a Glenn Johnson ;)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Just because he got the better of Cesc in one game does not mean he is better
than him. He is not better than him, not yet anyway. Fabregas is one of the
best players in the world and he has been on the scene for years already despite
his young age.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
anderson was my man of the match tonight. Thought our defense was amazing, didnt agree with scholes as MOM because he passing was sloppy at times and rooney was good but not as good as anderson or tevez.

Anderson, not yet comparable to fabregas because he aint done it as consistantly and doesnt score goals but potential wise is a huge huge prospect. I knew being at the olympics would do him the world of good because he would have been with all them other brazilian talents for a few weeks and that can only help him.

We looked top draw tonight

oz

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I don't think its fair to compare them both yet.

Fabregas has run the show at places like the Bernabau, San Siro, Old Traffod ect.
To say Anderson is better now is ridiculous imo.

Anderson has the potential to be as good as Fabregas IMO, but I also think that Anderson's style matches up well to Fabregas' as he can compete with him techincally and is superior physically.

At the moment:
Fabregas > Anderson.
In a few years Anderson = Fabregas

He might even surpass him but you can't say for sure. All we know is that we have one hell of a talented kid in our squad with dodgy hair, and I'm not talking about Rodrigo, Rafael or Fabio:p

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Agree 100% with you he played amazing tonight and definately MOTM for me! He just passed so many players at times and looked like he wasn't even trying to lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
i am going to have to agree with Drew9. i watched fabregas closely last season after all the hype surrounding him and i was not impressed at all to be honest, although he did perform well in the euros. however anderson is a completely different player and has more to offer than fabregas in my opinion. he is stronger, smarter and from tonights game against portsmouth it is safe to say he is going to be a key player this season if he keeps up his form! also how good is possebon looking??!! brazilians impressive to say the least! sorry that was a bit long winded but anderson is legendary!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I agree that Anderson was fantastic tonight. His energy and enthusiasm is incredible particularly considering how much football he has played of late not to mention the distance he has travelled.
However, I think he has to prove himself on a consistent basis and score some goals before he can be compared with Fabregas, who in my opinion is one of the top midfielders in the world.
There is definitely lots more to come from Anderson though....

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd agree consistancey will be key, and i think Anderson will develop this in the comming month, add goals to his game and i think you have a talent that any club in the world would love, he's a gem and im delighted we've got him, i'll look forward to seeing him in the same role as tonight aswell, really exciting for United supporters.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
anderson was eveywhere on the field, full of energy, but i still think he can be more agressive in the final third. he can do far more than what he did in the match.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
anderson is class IMO although better than fabrigas, not yet its easy to compare sure there both young and play the same position but i think there different. and we have to consider fabrigas has been playing first team football for what like 3 seasons now were as anderson has had a broken leg and has come to a team with the likes of scholes and carrick, so he wont have the experance that fabrigas has, but i beleiive anderson can become one of the top 5 best players in the world for sure in the next few years with first team experance.

and onto the topic of him in the'free role' its defo his best position he can run and beat players effortlessly and make some great passes like his pass to evra tonite to set up our goal. his goals will come he got we have to remeber hes still young and still getting used to english football. the boys got legend written on his forhead he just needs to get his old predator hair style back :D

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Played EXCEPTIONALLY today. Not sure about the haircut though. I do believe this is his best role, as he's one of the most versatile players we have and is definitely one of our "game changers". Remember how much of an impact he made, INSTANTLY after coming off of the bench against Arsenal last year? This is what I mean. He should be allowed to run free as Gerrard does with Liverpool. Once he gets his shooting down, they'll be no stopping him, I believe we have another Ballack on our hands, but a silkier much more likable one at that.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
piazza said:
Played EXCEPTIONALLY today. Not sure about the haircut though. I do believe this is his best role, as he's one of the most versatile players we have and is definitely one of our "game changers". Remember how much of an impact he made, INSTANTLY after coming off of the bench against Arsenal last year? This is what I mean. He should be allowed to run free as Gerrard does with Liverpool. Once he gets his shooting down, they'll be no stopping him, I believe we have another Ballack on our hands, but a silkier much more likable one at that.
more likable than ballack surely thats not possiable :p that mans a laugh a minute:cool:

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
andersons_left_foot said:
more likable than ballack surely thats not possiable :p that mans a laugh a minute:cool:
I look at Ballack during an interview and wonder why he shouts so much. Honestly, I feel as if he should have subtitles. Its like watching a nazi propaganda film.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts