Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United's title aspirations have been dealt another blow with news of an injury for Brazilian midfielder Anderson.

The 20-year-old had looked set to deputise for the suspended Paul Scholes against Aston Villa on Sunday.

But a thigh injury picked up in training for Brazil on Monday has ruled him out of Wednesday's World Cup qualifier against Peru and his hopes of returning to face The Villans look slim.

A statement on the Brazilian Football Confederation's website said: "The player, under the assistance of team doctor Jose Luis Runco, had an MRI scan on Tuesday afternoon in which the strain was confirmed.

"The player has started recovery treatment."

Although Anderson has not been a regular starter under his international coach Dunga, he had looked set to be involved in some capacity against the Peruvians.

Brazil are fourth in the South American qualifying zone, though, with 18 points and are heavy favourites with the bookmakers ahead of their clash with rock-bottom Peru.

Sauce

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
if he is injured he will truly never score this season...what a pisser.

what mix of players are we going to be seeing on sunday and tuesday??

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not a blow hes been shit all season
It is a blow. While he's not been the most important player this season, he's been an important substitute so that the likes of Giggs don't have to play for 90 minutes.

Plus think if someone else gets injured, there's no replacement.

Having said that, it could be a blessing in disguise because it could force us to play the same midfield for more than one game. Something which hasn't happened much this season.

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
Ando donned most matches he played in the carling cup....so it is a big blow indeed.
Any player to be injured at this time is a big blow

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
while he aint one of our most important players, at this time of the season and with vital matches coming up he still would have had a job to do- so him getting injured is a blow, just not a massive one.
i'd actully like to see a more settled set up esp in midfield, while the chopping and changing has been nescessary because of the players we have available and the number of matches we have to play i always prefer to see a settled side

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Can we maybe have a list of players that wont be able to play for the next match? This is getting a bit frustrating now. :(

Im sorry for him, just when he is about to finally get another chance, this happens. I just hope there is no more injury please. Now i hope Carrick wont start against Ukraine, selfish of me i know but..:eek:

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can we maybe have a list of players that wont be able to play for the next match? This is getting a bit frustrating now. :(

Im sorry for him, just when he is about to finally get another chance, this happens. I just hope there is no more injury please. Now i hope Carrick wont start against Ukraine, selfish of me i know but..:eek:
Not selfish at all Siti, I'm English and I'd be quite happy if no United players played for England ever again. United is far more important to me than England. Add to that the fact that whenever England crash out of a tournament the blame is always on a united player, Phil Neville, Beckham, Rooney, etc.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Not selfish at all Siti, I'm English and I'd be quite happy if no United players played for England ever again. United is far more important to me than England. Add to that the fact that whenever England crash out of a tournament the blame is always on a united player, Phil Neville, Beckham, Rooney, etc.

Spot on, ive noticed that too and thats why im a bit reserved when there are too much limelight on Wayne at this current moment after one brilliant performance. In fact i hope he showed if not better then the same performance for the next match against Ukraine. All it takes is a little mistake from our players and its amazing to see how they turned a player from a hero to a zero.:eek:

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Spot on, ive noticed that too and thats why im a bit reserved when there are too much limelight on Wayne at this current moment after one brilliant performance. In fact i hope he showed if not better then the same performance for the next match against Ukraine. All it takes is a little mistake from our players and its amazing to see how they turned a player from a hero to a zero.:eek:
The British press are famous for that. They're like vultures. Anyway, we're going :eek:fftopic2:

My fault :poster_oops:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
:rofl: Nice to see you taking the blame lol...:wub:

Anyway, i hope Anderson injury isnt that bad and doesnt take very long to recover. We really need him as an extra option at this time. :whistling:

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I can live with Anderson being out, he's a liability when he plays. I'd sooner give Matt James or Petrucci a chance anyway

·
Banned
151 Posts
WIth all the injuries and players supended, I can't see how we're going to get a win against Villa.
Isn't ronaldo injured now as well, tevez is going to be knackered with altitude sickness and jet lag, berba out, rooney suspended for being a bell end, sorry but his attitude lets us down. Ronaldo is having a poor season because he cant be arsed, his family are already making excuses for him to leave. Should have taken the 80/100 mil when we got the chance and bought ribery. I'm tired of seeing him having tantrums like a little girl all the time. Liverpool are on the ascendancy and have momentum and should go top against Fulham. What team can we put together to combat a wounded Aston Villa who're coming for a fight, they're desperate for CL, its going to be like playing lower team desperate to stay in the league. How will we do it and with what team, Wellbeck up front??

·
Registered
109 Posts
WIth all the injuries and players supended, I can't see how we're going to get a win against Villa.
Isn't ronaldo injured now as well, tevez is going to be knackered with altitude sickness and jet lag, berba out, rooney suspended for being a bell end, sorry but his attitude lets us down. Ronaldo is having a poor season because he cant be arsed, his family are already making excuses for him to leave. Should have taken the 80/100 mil when we got the chance and bought ribery. I'm tired of seeing him having tantrums like a little girl all the time. Liverpool are on the ascendancy and have momentum and should go top against Fulham. What team can we put together to combat a wounded Aston Villa who're coming for a fight, they're desperate for CL, its going to be like playing lower team desperate to stay in the league. How will we do it and with what team, Wellbeck up front??
Rooneys attitude lets us down????????????? Its more often than not his attitude that gets us going in games, i can handle a wee tantrum every now and again especially when everyone was playing as shit as they did against Fulham, how could he not get frustrated with that.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
How i love the idea of proving you wrong, boy :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts