Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was interested to see what you think of Anderson.
Has the potential to become an excellent midfielder but his shooting is not good to say the least.
Do you think he will command a first team position in the future?

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Not to bite your head off but there's quite
a few threads on him already.

Having said that,
Anderson was alright in his first season,
some will tell you he was amazing and
"outplayed" Steven Gerrard and Cesc
Fabregas. I disagree, he has proved to
have some good runs and I will never
knock his eye for a pass but, having
watched him attentively, I don't think
he's world class potential.

It must be said that Fergie tends to play
him out of position, the few times I've
seen him in the hole he has been exceptional.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Excellent defensive midfielder, not interested in his shooting prowess, the lad's 20 and has less than 100 professional games under his belt.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
As usual, and I was probably guilty of this too, the guy had a couple of good performances against Arsenal and Liverpool, and we all jumped on the bandwagon. Since then, he's been distinctly average, creating very little in midfield, and giving un-inspired, unambitious passes most of the time.

Fact is, we paid well over the odds for him. He was 14 million, and he broke his leg not a year before joining. A risk that didn't pay off, evidently. Prove me wrong plz, Anderson.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Anderson is a good player, he is only about 20 years old so still has a big future infront of him, he plays well, his shooting isnt the best, he sometimes turnsover the ball to many times but he is only young, give him time and he will develop into a good player, i say United should keep him, i heard that Anderson's dream is to play in Italy, for AC Milan i think, Ferguson should hold onto him, he will become a very good player.

·
Registered
773 Posts
hundreds of thread like this before...but for sure Anderson
remains as a youngster and he's still learning...but as SAF
said he will be a legend on day...it's a matter of time before
we know if this thing will happen or will not....at his age,
he has not playing at his peak so we need waiting game...
he's still a wonderful prospect and has many chance and
spaces to improve from his current display...

·
Registered
553 Posts
Anderson has been decent since coming back after injury, even though he hasnt played much. He will come good.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
give him time, the fact is that for one he comes from a league that is miles behind the prem as far as competition, he is just 20 years old and surely he will improve, and he is playing out of position which I think will slow down his growth a bit but I have no doubts he will come good.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Just like i always said with Nani, he is still young .. got plenty to learn, he will learn from the mistakes he makes .. He looks very good lately just after he recovered from his latest injury. He will reach his peak in 2 years time ;) And we are not going to wait much longer for his goal .. ;)

Prove me right now boy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Anderson will be a world beater. I think he needs his first goal and he will that will give him the confidence to go on and become one of the best midfielders around. Like Nani he has shown glimpses of what he can do.
I would start him today against Liverpool, we could do with his energy in midfield and it may raise his performance if Fergie showed a little more confidence in him, He has been used sparingly this season.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I'm certainly willing to give the lad another season to prove himself to me. But if he hasn't shown enough improvement at the end of next season I'm not sure its going to work out with him. He looks arrogant to me and I don't want a player in the squad who thinks they've already made it because they're in a talented squad.

Having said that, I'm always willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt and I would love him to start reaching his potential, and chipping in with a few goals may also make the world of difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts