Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Breaking into the first team
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you people think Anderson will turn out like? Ive researched on him ( on youtube) and he seems world class... But as our lack of strikers, do you think the pressure is being piled up on him to deliver?:confused:

·
Registered
249 Posts
hell be back at the same time as Saha.. I dont think too much pressre should be piled on him.. there are a lot of expectations from the boy and I really hope he is world class as u say :D I think we should wait and see him play against Sunderland before judging him..

·
Registered
291 Posts
i think he will be great but you cant type people on youtube and judge them on that... coz anyone can score miraculous goals etc...

·
Registered
131 Posts
He's only likened to Ronaldinho 'cos of his hair, nationality, and the fact they both played for Gremio. He is quality and i can't wait for him to start some Prem games, even though Fergie would rather save him for later.

·
Registered
414 Posts
SeanUnited said:
I think he should be great, he was before just depends whether he'll adapt well to the Prem.
dont think theres any doubt he'll adapt to the prem, he young and gonna be here a while, so as long as he gets his fair share o games and works hard, he'll hit the top.

My own questions is what sort of player is he gonna be, with the approval of rivaldo youd think he has the option of being whatever sort of player he wishes, if only mind reading were possible eh. I never saw the first half of the sunderland match, whats the predictions after a 45 min spell anyone? is he more of a ronaldinho/kaka attacker or a scholes/deco type, he surely cant be another off the striker, rooney/tevez, sort of player. SAF must have serious migraines, 442 is a must if we want to play ronnie, nani and one or two of the other trio, anderson, roo and tevez that is, squad rotation is a must, CRAZY HEADACHES! :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
yeah, I think he will adabt well into PL. He's strong but he needs to learn how tho play the ball a lot qiucker, because of the higher tempo in england. Although, I think he's a great player and if we give him 3 years I think he will become one of premierships best players

·
Registered
178 Posts
he still young man.. coming to united is a big thing.. needs time to settle down, learn english to swear at players/referees etc hahaha.. he'll come good pretty soon. i'd rather see him as a team player than a "superd-loner" player... hail fergie to develop the players from the buds..

·
Registered
166 Posts
next ronaldinho?? i dun think that any player can be the next "Ex-star" each playr has his unique style...and anderson being coached by SAF i can see this kid as the next big thing...but i prefer not to compare youngesters to current players....like comparing Messi to maradona made him actually imitate him and score a goal with his hand...too much media..let the players develop

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Anderson, like a lot of south americans, will find our Premiership a completely different world, and it takes time to adjust. The emphasis is on speed and skill, and we are a damn sight faster that a lot of leagues.

He will take time to settle, but we must not expect too much, too quickly. He is big and strong and has a sweet kick on him, so we should be patient and let him find his feet so to speak.

The speed of the Premiership is, I believe, one of the reasons Ronaldinho did not come here, at his age, he would have been found lacking for pace. Supreme player though he is, age catches up on us all.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
As Anderson said in his recent interview with United Magazine - "Ronaldinho is Ronaldinho and Anderson is Anderson" though he does admit to being very proud of the comparisions.

Personally I think Anderson will turn out great, but the Prem is no easy place for any South American as United fans know from Veron, Forlan, Kleberson.

The youtube videos are good but as one member said to me on this forum, youtube can make any player look good!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
anderson is anderson and ronaldinho is ronaldinho...the only thing is..that..anderson..will be in the future...or better..or worse...than ronaldinho...so..we hope better:D

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
well ive seen him a few times now. to me he seems to run heavy, not light on toes, more like an NFL player than footy.compared to some of the other new players over the years , he just doesnt stand out as a playmaker, as lets say park,
or any other with offense minded from midfield. i just havent seen him make that one run,tackle, move that will make anyone say ooooooh hes good?
i hope im wrong soon!

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
CarlitoTevez said:
What do you people think Anderson will turn out like? Ive researched on him ( on youtube) and he seems world class... But as our lack of strikers, do you think the pressure is being piled up on him to deliver?:confused:
Anderson the next Ronaldhino ?

This make me laugh when I hear this......

Anderson will be Anderson !!!

Why do we want another Ronaldhino - much better to have something unique and something new and exciting !!!

If everyone want Ronaldhino type players all the time this becomes very boring !!!

I hope - and think - he will make the grade as world class player in his own right - not in the shadow of someone else !!

·
Registered
265 Posts
if he can become as good a player as ronaldinho then i for one will be very happy with that. i dont think he will though. mabey hes lacking in confidence but he doesnt seem to have the hunger to be the best.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
danfelixbuffy said:
if he can become as good a player as ronaldinho then i for one will be very happy with that. i dont think he will though. mabey hes lacking in confidence but he doesnt seem to have the hunger to be the best.
hmmm where u getting that from? He's hardly played.......apart from 1 or 2 friendlys and like 60 mins in the Sunderland game.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
i agree with balrog in the limited time he has played i have not even since a glimpse of anything that has made me think, yea he's a good player. i know he's only young and needs time to settle but with other players like ronaldo on his debut and nani and even fletcher on his debut (and you all know im not fletch's biggest fan) you could see they had that skill, i havn't even seen anderson make one decent pass yet, never mind run or shot.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
He must have "something" to be in the National team. Give him time, its a big upheaval for a young lad, and he has Nani, Carlos and Ronaldo who speak his language.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts