Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Drew9 said:
What a man !

Unlike a certain Robbie Keane that told my best mate (a spurs fan) to **** off after our game at the Lane last season when he simply asked Robbie for an autograph, still seems about right considering it looks like he will be joining the scousers doesn't it :) lol
robbie keane said that!:eek: Thought he was a good lad from his deameanor on the pitch.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
it's great to see things like these for a change...hope he'l maintaing his good heart in the future and not forget from where he left like other glory hunters did....but looking at this it shows he has a much better character than....you know who...but we'll see in the future:)...when he'll be the new Ronaldinho...

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
RedMurph7 said:
Just on the point of great gestures by players, I remember
a story i heard a few years ago about David Beckham. During
the warm up at OT Becks was practising free kicks and one
went into the crowd and hit a young fan in the face.
Becks seen he hit him so he went up into the crowd and
asked the boy and his father to wait thereafter the match was
over and then after the match Becks brought the boy up the
boots he wore that day signed by him.

Another top bloke in my opionon.

he did it at an away game i was at against leicester city just that one werent told to the media so hes done it more than once plus this one was to an away fan so good on him, and good on anderson that lad mst of been made up i know i would be its nice to hear storys like this im sure theres more of it around but the tabloids like dirt not good things.

i wonder what rio gave that women who he booted a ball in her face in frustration at OT about a year back lol anyone know?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Drew9 said:
What a man !

Unlike a certain Robbie Keane that told my best mate (a spurs fan) to **** off after our game at the Lane last season when he simply asked Robbie for an autograph, still seems about right considering it looks like he will be joining the scousers doesn't it :) lol
Hey dont be so hard on Robbie..he was only in a hurry to get out of White Hart Lane to catch the milk bus to Anfield. :D

Anderson - United player!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Since this is a thread on Anderson lets talk about him as a player.
He burst onto the scene showing he could dominate the likes of
Fabregas and Gerrard. He got his chance last season mainly because the
likes of Carrick, Scholes and Hargo were all injured at some point.

Toward the end of last season he faded off, which is understandable
because of the amount of football he had played. He is an undoubted
talent who we will see making busting runs for many years to come.

But how much will he play next season?
Scholes, Carrick and Hargreaves are ahead in the pecking order and
rightly so. Will Anderson get as many games next year? I dont think he
will, but it will be exciting to watch him develop and score his first goal.
Im positive he has some crazy celebration planned as well. We know he
likes to dance lol

Just came back from watching Brazil beat Singapore 0-3. Anderson had a very subdued match. (i'm using the word subdued a lot lately).

I think if Hargreaves stays hit, he will be ahead of Anderson in the pecking order and at the age of 20 it would not be the worst thing to do.

He still needs to develope, but he is an exciting talent. I'm still a amazed that Fergie decided to spend so much on a 19 year old who is not a striker.

He is already one my favoured players and I'm quietly allowing myself to get excited about him.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Since this is a thread on Anderson lets talk about him as a player.
He burst onto the scene showing he could dominate the likes of
Fabregas and Gerrard. He got his chance last season mainly because the
likes of Carrick, Scholes and Hargo were all injured at some point.

Toward the end of last season he faded off, which is understandable
because of the amount of football he had played. He is an undoubted
talent who we will see making busting runs for many years to come.

But how much will he play next season?
Scholes, Carrick and Hargreaves are ahead in the pecking order and
rightly so. Will Anderson get as many games next year? I dont think he
will, but it will be exciting to watch him develop and score his first goal.
Im positive he has some crazy celebration planned as well. We know he
likes to dance lol
Don't forgot though, that last year we found at that Hargo was great on the wings and at RB as well...so in essence we could see Hargo on the right with the pick of Anderson/Carrick/Scholes in the middle...assuming we play 4-4-2...and to be completely honest, it would surprise me if we saw all four of them on the pitch at the same time with Anderson playing behind the striker if we had 5 in the middle as well...I think Fergie will want to get Ando some more time this year, which will definitely be a treat for us :D

·
Registered
590 Posts
Anderson - a United player on and off the pitch.

He seems to be loving his football at the moment and seems happy to be at OT. The story at the start of this thread is great to hear, Anderson always seemed a down to earth type of lad to me behind all the bling :D

There's no doubt about his footballing abilities either. He has played against the top midfielders in the Premiership and played them off the park. He was argueably the man of the match at Anfield, Emirates and Stamford Bridge which is incredible for anyone, but for a lad who's only 20 its incredible.

His first season was better than anyone could have expected, and I think he can be a truely great player for us.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I think Anderson's going to be the next Ballack, but less of an a-hole. Tremendously skilled in attack, and still good in defense.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
piazza said:
I think Anderson's going to be the next Ballack, but less of an a-hole. Tremendously skilled in attack, and still good in defense.
i think anderson is more like davids
hes no goalscorer like ballack is

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.