Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3576301,00.html

Brazilian star dreaming of Champions League glory​

Brazil midfielder Anderson believes Manchester United's work ethic is what makes them so successful.

The 20-year-old, signed from Porto last summer, is grateful for the chance to play alongside a host of world class players at Old Trafford.

After helping United to win the Premier League, he now wants to cap his first season in England by winning the Champions League.

And Anderson, who will be in the squad for Wednesday's final against Chelsea in Moscow, knows hard graft can be the difference between winning and losing.

"A team with players like (Wayne) Rooney, (Carlos) Tevez, (Cristiano) Ronaldo, (Michael) Carrick, (Paul) Scholes and other star players, you don't need to do much, only work hard, " he said.

"That's something I do and if I have the chance I will try to help my team the best that I can and make the most of the moment.

Moscow dream

"It is a dream for any player to be in a Champions League final and I am no different."

Anderson has chalked up an impressive 38 appearances for United and his dynamic displays at home and abroad quickly won over Ferguson and the supporters.

The only surprise is that, given his reputation before he arrived, he has failed to score.

He said: "When I came to United I already knew they had a very good team with some of the top players in the world.

"This club is used to winning trophies. That is the most important thing for them.

"Reaching the Champions League final is another step forward for United.

"We know how important it is to win this trophy and others in the future."

- Man I love this guy! I really do. I was quite unimpressed by his transfer AT FIRST, but it didn't take me long to become a fan. His pass to Tevez against Wigan ripped the entire defence open and it's good to hear such a young player talk about putting in hard work to get where he wants to be. He is a complete midfielder and he is going to be top class. The best bit about it?

We'll be there to witness it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hasn't been played much the last couple of games, which I found a bit strange.

Hope Fergie was saving him for the CL final.:D

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
RedForceRising said:
"A team with players like (Wayne) Rooney, (Carlos) Tevez, (Cristiano) Ronaldo, (Michael) Carrick, (Paul) Scholes and other star players, you don't need to do much, only work hard, " he said.
Yeah....I love him...he is right :)

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
this guy can be the best CM in thw world in a few years IMO. i am so happy we bought him as he will go on to become a utd legend i think.

i'll give it 18 months untill madrid come sniffing around him though:mad:

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
He's going to be a huge figure in the team once Paul Scholes days near an end.

He's got the ability and I hope we see much much more of him next season
because he has been fantastic this season

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
he'll see more football next year, i dont think he'll start in the champo league final but yes he'll be one of the best player in the world shortly

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
He is going to be the best midfielder in the World imo.

Hes unusual for a Brazilian though. Brazilians usually are quite lazy and don't want to do any hard work, just the glitzy stuff.

But he doesn't. He tracks back, goes in whole-heartedly for challenges etc etc as well as the glitzy stuff.

Oh, and I do agree with what he says :p

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
manutd004 said:
He is going to be the best midfielder in the World imo.

Hes unusual for a Brazilian though. Brazilians usually are quite lazy and don't want to do any hard work, just the glitzy stuff.

But he doesn't. He tracks back, goes in whole-heartedly for challenges etc etc as well as the glitzy stuff.

Oh, and I do agree with what he says :p

TBH, when I first heard of it, I was thinking, "Oh no.....not another Kleberson and
Djemba-Djemba deal!"

Boy was I wrong! Nani's been a bit of a disappointment, but I've been in awe at
Anderson!

·
Registered
11 Posts
He's really good and what he said is giving me a hope that if he gets to play he will make something .. he still didnt score , maybe in CL Final Who knows , great player :) as all the rest of united new guyz :)

·
Banned
198 Posts
Why has Nani dissappointed you this first season of his? Arsenal performance forgotten already? Spurs goal forgotten? Liverpool goal forgotten? Or have yey forgotten how he unselfishly let hargreaves hit the curler to win against Arsenal in the league recently for the 2-1 victory. Nani = 100% Badboy.

Anderson-son-son has done fantastic this gone season. Unbeliveable performances.. Against some of our biogger opponentes he was taken off because he was too much to handle. Had he remained on vs Chelsea, we'd have gotten ad raw or a win. Still, here is to him playing and scoring in the champoions league final though.. :)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I really like this kid lol

He has the potential to be one of the worlds best midfielders

Thank god we signed him! Fergie can make him one of the worlds greats

I cannot stop laughing at the scousers who all told me his got flop written all over him haha

They thought its another kleberson/veron type player who won't cut it in the EPL

Oh boy are they wrong!!! :D

·
Banned
198 Posts
NateR said:
I hope he plays in the Final. He hasn't played at all in recent weeks for some reason...
eXCEPT THE cHELSEA GAME.. THEN WHEN HE GOT STARTED, (sorry), he got subbed.. I think that was a decisive tactical move by ferguson. From this view, Ferguson wanted Anderson to get a real taste of Chelsea and to start penetrating them from the first whistle (of the referee, not fans). Soooo.. if Anderson can produce his best form for the champions league final, i think we could very well go for a 4 5 1 vs Chelsea to start with.. then when time calls up[on Tevez we introduce him and Ryan Giggs to strengthen things to control the game from the ballpark cengtre..

So, i think Ferguson and his 4 5 1 with Anderson and Nani to start are going in Moskov. i just hope we can get 2 good goals against Chelsea,, after the first we still attack, then at 65minutes we bring on El Giggso and Hargo and Tevez.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
young anderson has really impressed me in his first season at utd ,i don't think anybody believed he would do so well {including the managment}.
i hope he gets some minutes on the pitch in the champions league final ,but we should all remember his day has yet to come .he will have a big say in utds destiny over the coming seasons ,he will in time be the centre pin of utds midfield and the arcitect of our play with his energetic physical style of play .

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
I dont think he was signed to play that much this year, but because scholesy was injured he came in and shown what he is worth!...but i wana know f he is goin to be used defensivley or attackingly as its been a mixture of the both when hes played!?!?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts