21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
Anderson United's Number 8

the thread is dedicated our hard working samba dancing midfielder
i made this thread to be the place for all discussions and news about him :D

so do you think he will score soon ?
will he be one of the main factors of a successful season ?

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I've had mixed reviews for Anderson so far this season.

The novelty of seeing such a mature young player has worn off and he needs to kick himself in the butt and progress.

He has got the talent, so he has to stop being content doing what he's doing and start being more creative.

In the game against Blackburn he was poor in the first half and much better inthe 2nd. I wonder, if fergie had a word with him, but he needs to build on that 2nd half against Blackburn.

He has all the compnents needed to be a great midfielder, but now he needs to work on his attacking play. He can break up attacks, hold on to the ball and can pick a pass. Now he needs to start attacks and ask for the ball more.

Also, he needs to choose prettier girls to get jiggy with. The few he's rumoured to have bedded are not exactly visions of beauty. :)

BTW, I'm just being critical, cos I like him. He was a revelation last season, but I suspect he likes to party too much. He's been seen in night clubs and seems a bit flashy with his Audi R8, which doesn't scream "focused on becoming the best I can be".

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
He'll find his goal eventually this season. I predict a goal sometime during the period where he has too cover for Scholesy again. It was the same for Fabregas 2 seasons ago...and then he couldn't stop scoring up too a certain point last season. If he could even get 5-10 goals...that'd be great. Just have to have a little faith in him and maybe Fergie will give him a kick up the backside as well.

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
I hope he scores soon, because this season he has not reached his top form and scoring goals will only help in this

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
yeah i hope the lad score's (corse i would)
i think hes a important fringe player in our team and this season it will really be for him to step up to the mark and show what hes made of with scholes being out and that

i also feel that if he can get his shooting boots on then we have our (i shall this lighty cause you is no replacement) but we have our scholes replacement

we shall just see about him being flashy as RFR says

its a fair comment but i shall come back with it wasnt best the same?? although that was another era and to be fair it did do him harm and i wouldnt even dream of comparing ando with best

if i was to do that you should ban me haha :p

but i think the boy has talent and only time will tell if he can really live up to the hype

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
He needs to take his game to the next level . we know he has the energy and hard work but he now needs to start putting some attacking passes together , also a gosl or two wouldnt go amiss even fletcher and o shea bang the odd one in

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
its funny i remember seeing the youtube videos of him when we signed him 1st... where are all the skills?? i really rate him, i reckon hel be one of the best in that position in the world in a few years

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
stretty said:
even fletcher and o shea bang the odd one in
fletcher is prolific compared to anderson....:D

i have high hopes for ando, he needs to step it up, take games by the scruff of the neck and dominate the midfield.

i think he needs to relax and find his rhythm and the rest will follow.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
its funny i remember seeing the youtube videos of him when we signed him 1st... where are all the skills?? i really rate him, i reckon hel be one of the best in that position in the world in a few years
i agree, he's meant to be the new Ronaldinho, but he's showing no skills, no goals etc. Seems more of a defensive mid.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
It'll come, eventually. :p So far I also think he's seemed much less of an attacking mid then a hard working defensive mid.

He's got plenty of graft and running ability but he needs to work on his passing, i.e. dictating the tempo and his shooting will come later.

I found a nice vid of him.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
i think.. he is one of the best midfield
we have.. he could absolutely take scholes'
place after he is retired.. he will score soon!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
christianoharleiro said:
i agree, he's meant to be the new Ronaldinho, but he's showing no skills, no goals etc. Seems more of a defensive mid.
Spot on , i saw all these you tube videos and got really excited watching him notch all these goals.
He has very rarely looked like scoring and tends to side foot the shot rather than get the laces through it , his shooting is not his strong point , however his energy and work rate is not questionable he is tireless.
I just find it dissapointing i was looking forward to a magical brazillian and got a makelele instead , still we have got the magical de silva brothers

·
Registered
488 Posts
Most of his shot was way of target but I sure hope that he start scoring soon...
Perhaps a little tab in will open his account... Can't really blame him, we haven't been scoring good goals, we just make most of it through errors of others...

Haven't really seen a good game from Manchester United...

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
stretty said:
Spot on , i saw all these you tube videos and got really excited watching him notch all these goals.
He has very rarely looked like scoring and tends to side foot the shot rather than get the laces through it , his shooting is not his strong point , however his energy and work rate is not questionable he is tireless.
I just find it dissapointing i was looking forward to a magical brazillian and got a makelele instead , still we have got the magical de silva brothers
hell yeah Anderson has been playing like Makelele with us
its not a disappointment that hes playing more like Davids/Malalele player type than a Ronaldinho/Ronaldo type
tricks and dribbling are lovely side of football as for me i think good dribblers are self minded players who tend to prefer themself over the team (a bit like Nani and Ronaldo)

and he still have some Brazilian magic when it comes to nutmegging Fabregas and Gerrard :D

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
jeez look at that vid dlan posted.

so many blistering ronaldinho-like runs and skills. but - although my memory is pretty bad - i only remember seeing a few tricks from anderson, most notable against fabregas. and the only runs ive seen him make like the ones in that video were vs aston villa and roma.

maybe he's lacking a bit of confidence to do it, or is being restricted a bit - would be nice to see him given license to do what he wants.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Will be brilliant. 20 years old IS young. Considering that midfielders peak at 27-30, I have no worries. Him and Cesc are going to be the two next big midfield names.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts