Manchester United Talk banner

Anderson

4K views 61 replies 40 participants last post by  Because I'm DC 
#1 ·
#27 ·
He'll find his goal eventually this season. I predict a goal sometime during the period where he has too cover for Scholesy again. It was the same for Fabregas 2 seasons ago...and then he couldn't stop scoring up too a certain point last season. If he could even get 5-10 goals...that'd be great. Just have to have a little faith in him and maybe Fergie will give him a kick up the backside as well.

#29 ·
yeah i hope the lad score's (corse i would)
i think hes a important fringe player in our team and this season it will really be for him to step up to the mark and show what hes made of with scholes being out and that

i also feel that if he can get his shooting boots on then we have our (i shall this lighty cause you is no replacement) but we have our scholes replacement

we shall just see about him being flashy as RFR says

its a fair comment but i shall come back with it wasnt best the same?? although that was another era and to be fair it did do him harm and i wouldnt even dream of comparing ando with best

if i was to do that you should ban me haha :p

but i think the boy has talent and only time will tell if he can really live up to the hype

#34 ·
It'll come, eventually. :p So far I also think he's seemed much less of an attacking mid then a hard working defensive mid.

He's got plenty of graft and running ability but he needs to work on his passing, i.e. dictating the tempo and his shooting will come later.

I found a nice vid of him.

#36 ·
christianoharleiro said:
i agree, he's meant to be the new Ronaldinho, but he's showing no skills, no goals etc. Seems more of a defensive mid.
Spot on , i saw all these you tube videos and got really excited watching him notch all these goals.
He has very rarely looked like scoring and tends to side foot the shot rather than get the laces through it , his shooting is not his strong point , however his energy and work rate is not questionable he is tireless.
I just find it dissapointing i was looking forward to a magical brazillian and got a makelele instead , still we have got the magical de silva brothers

#37 ·
Most of his shot was way of target but I sure hope that he start scoring soon...
Perhaps a little tab in will open his account... Can't really blame him, we haven't been scoring good goals, we just make most of it through errors of others...

Haven't really seen a good game from Manchester United...

#38 ·
stretty said:
Spot on , i saw all these you tube videos and got really excited watching him notch all these goals.
He has very rarely looked like scoring and tends to side foot the shot rather than get the laces through it , his shooting is not his strong point , however his energy and work rate is not questionable he is tireless.
I just find it dissapointing i was looking forward to a magical brazillian and got a makelele instead , still we have got the magical de silva brothers
hell yeah Anderson has been playing like Makelele with us
its not a disappointment that hes playing more like Davids/Malalele player type than a Ronaldinho/Ronaldo type
tricks and dribbling are lovely side of football as for me i think good dribblers are self minded players who tend to prefer themself over the team (a bit like Nani and Ronaldo)

and he still have some Brazilian magic when it comes to nutmegging Fabregas and Gerrard :D

#39 ·
jeez look at that vid dlan posted.

so many blistering ronaldinho-like runs and skills. but - although my memory is pretty bad - i only remember seeing a few tricks from anderson, most notable against fabregas. and the only runs ive seen him make like the ones in that video were vs aston villa and roma.

maybe he's lacking a bit of confidence to do it, or is being restricted a bit - would be nice to see him given license to do what he wants.

#42 ·
I said a while ago that in 3/4 years he will be the best midfielder in the World, and I stand by that.

I don't think hes a defensive midfielder, but I don't think hes an attacking midfielder either. He seems to be more of a box-to-box player, helping in defence and attack. However, he does need to take his game to the next level and start trying to control the game more, and to try to have more of a say attackingly.

But I think he should play more, and should be our first option in CM along with Carrick. As sad as it may seem, Scholes if showing signs of his age now. He did have some incredible games last year. But he also had some stinkers and this season he hasn't started off that well.

And Anderson starting more games will only help his progress imo.

#46 ·
red devil jeff said:
Funny, i was just thinking the same thing!
He's gotta score at some point. I think it will be against Everton (hopefully)
Im not worried (yet). He's done what, 25-30 games for us. Do you remember Diego Forlan. He was also questioned if he will ever score. I will always love Diego because he gave the special gift to football at Anfield Road...and yes...since then we all know they are only singing when they are stealing.

And Anderson...he scored a few for Porto but was not a frequent goal scorer if I remember correct. So the question is not so much if he scores but when will he score.

#47 ·
anderson is a player in the making, he has done well and imporved a lot,but i think he needs to advance a bit more and show his directness. He doesnt seem confident or hasnt that ronaldo, nani and now rooney mentality to run at and maybe take on 2 or more players. I just think this is the only thing missing. He is a great passer, he even has the skill, he needs to use his skill more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.