Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think once he scores his 1st goal (hopefully saturday) he will get a few more this season. When we brought him i saw him as a attacking midfielder likely to get around 10 goals a season.

Z

·
0 Posts
I'm dying for him to score his first goal and hoping he can go on some sort of run
after that. I'm convince that when he gets his first goal his confidence will be
boosted massively and he'll start getting forward more and getting into goalscoring
positions like you would expect from an attacking midfielder. He's certainly got the
quality to be an attack minded player so I don't see why he can't get 10 goals a
season for us.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
-zuco- said:
I'm dying for him to score his first goal and hoping he can go on some sort of run
after that. I'm convince that when he gets his first goal his confidence will be
boosted massively and he'll start getting forward more and getting into goalscoring
positions like you would expect from an attacking midfielder. He's certainly got the
quality to be an attack minded player so I don't see why he can't get 10 goals a
season for us.

Its getting over that first hurldle thats the hard part . Im sure he would of shot last night if he had already scored but you can see its playing on his mind now .

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
red dave said:
Its getting over that first hurldle thats the hard part . Im sure he would of shot last night if he had already scored but you can see its playing on his mind now .
I agree.

Very unselfish play and Tevez was in a great position to score but Anderson could have finished that one off himself. The longer it goes on the more it will weigh on his mind and I just hope he gets a scrappy tap in or something sooner rather than later.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
he gets in the positions often enough, and im sure once he gets a goal, whatever it is, it will be a monkey off the back, and he wont be ballooning shots up and away for throw ins :)

got a couple on target against villarreal, that's a start

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
anderson is a good player and an outstanding prospect for utd and once he scores his first goal it will vastly improve his confidence further.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I said it before and i'll say it again. He is twice the player fletcher is and has soo much more to offer. In terms of being involved in our attacking play and providing some creativity through the middle where we are slightly predictable. Problem is hargo is injured and fletcher is doing a great job as a clean up man even if you can always read his passes so i can understand why is not playing so often but i hope to see more of anderson this season. Even Nani, who is hugely frustating at times but can possess a threat if things are going well for him. Whether you like it or not both played big parts in uniteds double winning season in there debut seasons and will be impacts again this season should they be given more chances and belief.

Cannot wait for anderson to score his first goal! Hopefully its at OT! :cool:

pz

·
Registered
542 Posts
doesnt matter who scores as long as we score many

i have no idea why people actually doubt anderson.... hes got loads of ability

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
forzaunited said:
doesnt matter who scores as long as we score many

i have no idea why people actually doubt anderson.... hes got loads of ability
Yes, he has the ability and the potential, but does he have the drive, or the determination, or the personality?

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
red dave said:
Im sure he would of shot last night if he had already scored but you can see its playing on his mind now .
reddwarf said:
Very unselfish play and Tevez was in a great position to score but Anderson could have finished that one off himself. The longer it goes on the more it will weigh on his mind and I just hope he gets a scrappy tap in or something sooner rather than later.
I think that pass to Tevez showed to me that it isn't on his mind when playing, if it were he would have taken a shot at a worse angle with the keeper to beat, rather than giving it to a teammate who had the whole goal to tap it in with the keeper out of position. I don't think it is that he was nervous he was going to miss, but more that he was making the right pay in laying it off, showing he is more worried about the result, rather than the glory. After seeing that pass (and especially the long one to Tevez in injury time to set up his last goal, I am no longer worried about his draught and it will com when he looks for it when he doesn't have other options.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Because I'm DC said:
Yes, he has the ability and the potential, but does he have the drive, or the determination, or the personality?
The drive, or determination? Have you seen him play? That is what his whole game is based on. Do you not remember when he stepped foot on Anfield and made Stevie G. invisible?

The personality? Umm, this is almost as bad as questioning his drive and determination. Have you not heard the guys talk about how fun he is the locker room, or see his celebration after the CL final?

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Cappy said:
The drive, or determination? Have you seen him play? That is what his whole game is based on. Do you not remember when he stepped foot on Anfield and made Stevie G. invisible?

The personality? Umm, this is almost as bad as questioning his drive and determination. Have you not heard the guys talk about how fun he is the locker room, or see his celebration after the CL final?
Yes, but I heard all these reports of him partying, he's been in the press more in one year than Paul Scholes has in his entire career. Where's the commitment, or the determination in that? He should be pushing Scholes and Carrick to the limit, but instead he's being looked over in favour of Fletcher and Park.

Personality. I didn't mean he's a fun guy or whatever, I mean a leader, a motivator, which he isn't. He hasn't convinced me as of yet, and has been pretty average for the whole of 2008.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
-zuco- said:
I'm dying for him to score his first goal and hoping he can go on some sort of run after that. I'm convince that when he gets his first goal his confidence will be boosted massively and he'll start getting forward more and getting into goalscoring positions like you would expect from an attacking midfielder. He's certainly got the quality to be an attack minded player so I don't see why he can't get 10 goals a season for us
I agree.

Thats exactly my thoughts.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Cappy said:
I think that pass to Tevez showed to me that it isn't on his mind when playing, if it were he would have taken a shot at a worse angle with the keeper to beat, rather than giving it to a teammate who had the whole goal to tap it in with the keeper out of position. I don't think it is that he was nervous he was going to miss, but more that he was making the right pay in laying it off, showing he is more worried about the result, rather than the glory. After seeing that pass (and especially the long one to Tevez in injury time to set up his last goal, I am no longer worried about his draught and it will com when he looks for it when he doesn't have other options.
agree 100% mate quality post.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I feel he'll do what Fabregas did, as soon as Fabregas struck a few goals he started get loads, and at one point was one of the leagues top socrers (early last season) I think this will happen with Anderson, he's described as more of an attacking midfielder rather than a defensive midfielder so I don't see why he won't get goals.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Who cares what he is described as when we have watched him play, and that hasn't been his role. We haven't needed him to really, when Ronnie goes up, he falls back in behind him alot.

I mean Rooney has been said to have great technique and clinical at times, but if you have watched any of our games, you would say that there isn't much truth to that.

/preparing to be flamed

·
Registered
736 Posts
Full of surprise package..He's can move box to box and energetic...Like how Ferguson said HE'S GONNA BE A LEGEND.........

Anderson ! Where's your touch of goal ?

Ans : I drop it at FC Porto....I will claim that later..

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I believe it comes down to his position, when at porto and in gremio, he was playing more behind the forwards as an attacking midfielder or 2nd striker, here he is playing more of a cm role, and has more defensive responsibilities than anything else, but I do believe he is lacking confidence in his shot at the moment and once he gets one I believe he will go in a big run.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Because I'm DC said:
Yes, but I heard all these reports of him partying, he's been in the press more in one year than Paul Scholes has in his entire career. Where's the commitment, or the determination in that? He should be pushing Scholes and Carrick to the limit, but instead he's being looked over in favour of Fletcher and Park.

Personality. I didn't mean he's a fun guy or whatever, I mean a leader, a motivator, which he isn't. He hasn't convinced me as of yet, and has been pretty average for the whole of 2008.
In fairness he's only 20. You cant expect him to be the leader when he's still
developing. He's looking for the older players to lead him! I know he hasn't
started this season like he did last but last season he was unbelievable. For a 19
year old to have a first season like he did was rare. It would be very very unfair
to critise him about his little lul in form this season when he's at his age. I expect
him to bust into life in the second part of the season and if he doesn't i'm not
worried. He will develop more and more in the next few years and if he even
improves just 10% more he'll be world class. I think people forget how young he
is!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
like the way he is coming on , the lack of goals however is a major issue as goalscoring midfielders is something united have been famed for and seemingly any shot he takes towards goal seems to resemble that of a 10 year old girl,who has a wooden leg and is also wearing a blindfold.

keep the faith and the guy could still hit the really highest heights, but agree he needs to buckle down and not let any off field stuff affect his progress

1 - 20 of 64 Posts