Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
Joined
·
11,978 Posts
He is still learning and his approach to play might be a bit immature.

he needs time (though lets hope not too much) to learn from the likes of Carrick or Scholesy


Lets hope he isnt another Fortune or Djemba-Djemba
 

·
The Mexican Boy George
Joined
·
7,601 Posts
TheFutureIsAnderson said:
You guys are aware he's 20 years old, right?

I think he'll be fine. He's a very neat and tidy player right now with a lot of obvious class. He's also very strong in midfield, I've been very impressed with his defensive game.

As for his attacking, playmaking. Please don't give me the BS that he can't improve at 20 f'ing years of age.
Completely 101% agree with your comment, cmon the kid is 20 yrs old, the fact is that he has class and quality to be a world beater. ronaldo was rubbish until 21 so let the kid grow.
 

·
"You're Pretty Good"
Joined
·
15,939 Posts
Sownak27 said:
He is still learning and his approach to play might be a bit immature.

he needs time (though lets hope not too much) to learn from the likes of Carrick or Scholesy


Lets hope he isnt another Fortune or Djemba-Djemba
LOL, yeah let's throw him in with those guys despite the fact that at 20 years old, in 1 and a half he's shown more potential than either of those two ever did combined.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
Justice said:
Stop these kneejerk threads please. Its obvious he has quality and he even managed to get a shot on target yesterday. Stop watching highlights of those 2 **** passes and that one embarassing shot.
Man, I like Anderson, but you have to admit his shooting is so ****ty that we all applauded his shot on target. It was like we had something devine or unheard of ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
RoxiiUtd said:
You tell em boy.
Maybe they should go and take a try themselves and see what they can come up to, instead of slatin a 20 year old boy who has a whole career in front of him.
It's not that simple.

There has been very little progres from him.

Someof the fans here have ben watching United for a long time and have seen the likes of giggs, Scholes, Beckham & Neville go from strength to strength.

Yes, Anderson is still very young and has his career ahead of him, but he is not even playing somewhere close to where he was for most of last season. i's like he took a step back when he should be playing at the same level he was last season and adding to certain parts of his game. like getting forward more, or improving his long-range passing.

So it's all nice and dandy to slate the slaters, but just bear in mind that some of the slaters have seen youngsters become stars at United and are not seeing that from Anderson at the moment and are concerned, because he has the potential.

It's not just slating for slating sake is constructive criticism and expression of concern for him not fulfilling his potential and/or working hard enough.
 

·
United's masseuse
Joined
·
6,296 Posts
RedForceRising said:
It's not that simple.

There has been very little progres from him.

Someof the fans here have ben watching United for a long time and have seen the likes of giggs, Scholes, Beckham & Neville go from strength to strength.

Yes, Anderson is still very young and has his career ahead of him, but he is not even playing somewhere close to where he was for most of last season. i's like he took a step back when he should be playing at the same level he was last season and adding to certain parts of his game. like getting forward more, or improving his long-range passing.

So it's all nice and dandy to slate the slaters, but just bear in mind that some of the slaters have seen youngsters become stars at United and are not seeing that from Anderson at the moment and are concerned, because he has the potential.

It's not just slating for slating sake is constructive criticism and expression of concern for him not fulfilling his potential and/or working hard enough.
When i said slating, i wasnt using this word for you. I`ve read your posts and i know exactly where you stand, you always point out the negative AND the positive, which for me is absolutely fine and i am sure you`d love Ando to prove you wrong in a years time.

But unlike others, even tho i am not seeing much of a progress, i still believe in this lad just like i did in the first day we signed him. Its not time yet to give up on him, when he is 25 then i`ll consider that. But not now, surely not now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,207 Posts
RoxiiUtd said:
When i said slating, i wasnt using this word for you. I`ve read your posts and i know exactly where you stand, you always point out the negative AND the positive, which for me is absolutely fine and i am sure you`d love Ando to prove you wrong in a years time.

But unlike others, even tho i am not seeing much of a progress, i still believe in this lad just like i did in the first day we signed him. Its not time yet to give up on him, when he is 25 then i`ll consider that. But not now, surely not now.
Just saying, because I'm enjoying the banter on here recently and I'm mindful of not killing off any conversation. Where my posts used to be about proving my point, I try to be more inclusive now and realize that there are always two sides of the coin. like with Fletcher. he has his pros and cons.


BTW, I never said I don't rate Anderson. I do. But he does concern me and the pictures of his nocturnal lifestyle aren't filling me with a lot of hope or confidence either.

If he is to fulfil his potential, the boy needs to work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Just saying, because I'm enjoying the banter on here recently and I'm mindful of not killing off any conversation. Where my posts used to be about proving my point, I try to be more inclusive now and realize that there are always two sides of the coin. like with Fletcher. he has his pros and cons.


BTW, I never said I don't rate Anderson. I do. But he does concern me and the pictures of his nocturnal lifestyle aren't filling me with a lot of hope or confidence either.

If he is to fulfil his potential, the boy needs to work.
none of the united players bar giggs had really done much compared to anderson by his age
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,014 Posts
RedForceRising said:
That is true!

so should he wait till he's the same age as Becks was when he scored THAT goal to continue improving his game?
we should at least give him 3 season's before we start to judge him, a young player from brazil who joined united after coming back from a broken leg, who at times has showed he has the potential to be world class needs to be given time to show that he is united quality. Also fergie seems to rate him and he isn't often all that wrong with big money singings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Justice said:
Stop these kneejerk threads please. Its obvious he has quality and he even managed to get a shot on target yesterday. Stop watching highlights of those 2 **** passes and that one embarassing shot.
Its not a knee jerk thread Justice. Its just a topic for discussion (this is a forum after all)
Im only expressing my concerns....
RFR says it best:
RedForceRising said:
It's not just slating for slating sake is constructive criticism and expression of concern for him not fulfilling his potential and/or working hard enough.
 

·
has been served
Joined
·
2,947 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Its not a knee jerk thread Justice. Its just a topic for discussion (this is a forum after all)
Im only expressing my concerns....
RFR says it best:
I think it is, thats my opinion, I am allowed to express it :D

A particularly bad performance, and suddenly threads everywhere.

If its reassurance you need, I can comfort you all day with memories and youtube clips.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Justice said:
I think it is, thats my opinion, I am allowed to express it :D

A particularly bad performance, and suddenly threads everywhere.

If its reassurance you need, I can comfort you all day with memories and youtube clips.
This thread was started 9 days ago and I had been meaning to start one for a while.
(so its NOT a knee jerk thread)
I think he started out his career at United in amazing fashion but its since last
March that I feel he has struggled. I know he is young and will learn etc etc...
but I would have expected a bit more from him this season. His passing, shooting
etc at times have been poor and Im just expressing concern as to why this is so.
Apart from Blackburn in the Carling Cup can you name me a game where he has
been Top drawer since last March??? I think you will struggle to do so, and THATS my point.


Dont get me wrong, I love the player and still rate him but Im wondering if his
off the field antics are affecting his game. I believe he will turn out to be a top class
player, but Im just wondering when that will be.
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,664 Posts
I have been a little disappointed with Anderson this season because he does not seem to have progressed from last season.

However, during the 3 month period in which he filled in for Scholes he set himself a very high standard and that was always going to be hard to match. He tired towards the end of the season but that is not surprising considering he's never played anything like the number of games he played last season before.

He may be worried about scoring that 1st goal. That sort of thing can eat away at you and really effect your confidence.

I still think he has all the attributes to become a truly World class for us though.
 

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
Joined
·
5,268 Posts
I've been expressing a few concerns about Anderson lately, for obvious reasons. But maybe it's not as big of a problem as it seems, maybe he's just suffering a crisis of confidence. The not scoring must eat away at you a bit, and maybe he's started to doubt his own ability, he doesn't look like he's enjoying himself at all.

So maybe a goal would fix it all? Who knows, I'm trying to be more positive about him than I have been lately.

Any of you that play football will know that your confidence has a massive affect on how you play
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Thats a bit harsh DC. Ando has done WAY more than the Djemba twins ever did.
Ando has dominated the likes of Gerrard and Fabregas, so we know he can do it.
Its the consistency he needs to improve. The Djemba twins only had one good game between them (Charity Shield)
 
41 - 60 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top