Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 276 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought he was quality tonight and he also put in a good shift against Porto.

He trailed off a bit in the second half but he hasn't played much football recently so that's to be expected.

He could turn out to be a real key player in the title run in. He doesn't score goals, but what an amazing pass to send Giggs through and set Rooney up.

He's showing real promising signs for the future and it's hard to believe he's still only 21. I can't wait to see what kind of player he blossoms into.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Its something that has sprung to my mind as well.

It may be coincidental, but ever since he came back for us against Porto, our midfield seems to have strengthened up and looks more solid.

Has brought real life into the squad and I think he can be instrumental in our success in both this season and the future.

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,242 Posts
I don't know how much of a contribution he will have for the remainder of the season, I would like him to have some though, but I definately think he has a good future. He's very similar to Scholesy and could yet prove to be the perfect replacement. Next season for sure, he'll be in the squad a lot more, especially if Hargreaves is back and fit, the two together could prove to be a great force.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Ill hold my hands up and say ive been a big critic early this season but the lad is starting to shows signs of what he produced last year.That ball tonight for the first goal was absolutley exquisite!! I bet even Scholsey was proud!!

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I thought he was quality tonight and he also put in a good shift against Porto.

He trailed off a bit in the second half but he hasn't played much football recently so that's to be expected.

He could turn out to be a real key player in the title run in. He doesn't score goals, but what an amazing pass to send Giggs through and set Rooney up.

He's showing real promising signs for the future and it's hard to believe he's still only 21. I can't wait to see what kind of player he blossoms into.
Completely agree..!
He could be a huge player for us in the title run-in now and if he stays fit next season he can be a really important player for us.. He's impressed me since coming back into the team and I think he was MOTM tonight.. The pass to Giggs for the 1st goal was world-class and he has a fantastic range of passing..

Like you said he doesn't score many goals but tonight he was so close to his 1st.. Since he's came back into our midfield, we've looked a lot more solid and I think that's 3 clean sheets in a row now..
He's what we've been misssing in recent weeks in the middle of the park and i'm adamant that if he played against Liverpool at OT, we wouldn't have being beaten so easily..!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
He's a very good prospect. Confident and full of energy, can pick a pass and not afraid to get stuck in. He will be a useful player to have fit and ready in our run in.

He's had his injuries this year and was on Olympic duty but he's really come back on form at a crucial time

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
The kid has been showing signs of greatness since his first few appearances, the midfield has been looking much, much better since his return from the injury. He's an energetic lad, and is using it in a very good way. I thought him and Rooney made some good work together, today. His creativity and passing can be very important in our run.
Altough i've been predicting his first goal before every single match, goals are not what i'm really after. On such days, when we're facing opponents such as Portsmouth and Porto whom in my opinion do a lot of work in the midfield and are able to create a moment of magic, its nice to see players like Ando whom his precise passes can breakthrough their defense, and if they fall in the legs of our players, those can easily be turned into goals.

We're not just judging this lad on 2/3 matches or so, he has been showing sheer of brilliance since he arrived, now that he's materializing more, this lad can only improve by training with some of the best players we have been gifted, and being given time to actually materialize on the actual pitch.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I was going to make this thread before. I agree completely.

A big reason is because he isn't being restricted. He's useless as a DM because his positioning is so poor, but as a box to box midfielder he excells.

He also made a massive impact in the CC final if I remember correctly.

I feel he should play against Arsenal in a similar formation to the one we used to beat them 4-0 last season.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
ya hes been playing some great matchs of late, he's a real bull dog type player in defence very aggresive player, pity he cant find the back of the net, but id say once he does the samba flow will kick in and he'll impress even more, only worry is will he be a united player in three years, bet real madrid will try and sign em...

·
Bra-burning feminist
3,918 Posts
Very good tonight. Was impressed with his decisive passing, which he showed a lot against Porto as well.

He's still pretty inconsistent though, and honestly for all his good showings, he makes loads of average ones. However, you make a good point that he's pretty young - he shows great potential at this age and will only develop more.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
and i'm adamant that if he played against Liverpool at OT, we wouldn't have being beaten so easily..!
So was Fergie, and that is why he started...:thumbsup:

But that's a side point. It was going to be impossible for him to top last year with how young he is, and not really having a summer break. Sophomore slumps are common, but I think it was down to some tired leg as well from the Olympics. Tonight showed my preferred line-up as well with him and Giggs being able to cover each other since Giggs' revelation this year in the center mid. Would like to see him slid out to the left a little more and cut back in almost like Henry.

·
23,699 Posts
I was going to make this thread before. I agree completely.

A big reason is because he isn't being restricted. He's useless as a DM because his positioning is so poor, but as a box to box midfielder he excells.

He also made a massive impact in the CC final if I remember correctly.

I feel he should play against Arsenal in a similar formation to the one we used to beat them 4-0 last season.
Spot on. :thumbsup:

Also noticed he really lights up the pitch in a 4-5-1 formation when he can have the luxury to roam freely without having to sit back a bit which is not his strength due to his poor positioning sense as a DM.

Wonder what to do with him if we play 4-4-2. Perhaps Fletcher or Hargreaves would be the ideal partner for him.

But yeah, his star is certainly shining brighter now.

Wonder too when a Nani appreciation thread would ever materialise. Trust his protector, Zuco, would be ready to pounce. ;)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Anderson gives us that bit of directness we've been lacking.

Carrick - on occasion - can give us that, but usually he's more contented to spray passes around.

Anderson, on the other had, tries to get forward by carrying the ball or making killer passes like yesterday.

The problem
a) his consistency
b) he doesn't excel in any 1 department yet
c) his fitness

He's not the more naturally fit guy, so must work hard on his fitness and decide to give up the partying if he is to reach his potential.

His performances can range from MOTM stuff to being anonymous and right now, he seems to do a lot of things well, but is not really outstanding yet.

For me, I think his footballing intellience should be honed to become more attack-minded. IN his first season, I think Fergie wanted to teach him how to defend and he's learned that - I love the way he hassles players and wins the ball, but his positioning can be suspect and his movement is too static at times to be a great DM.

I think the correct way for Anderson to prosper is to develop his attacking skills and improve his short-range passing as well as shooting.

Also, as he is one of the few natural left-footers in the team, he MUST improve his crossing and set-piece shooting.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
he has certainly bolstered the utd midfield in the last few games and he is starting to look like the player that filled us with great hope last season . it will be wonderful to see him score his first utd goal cause i believe it will springboard him into the top level of midfield player , and i reckon his first goal may yet be a very big one { champions league semi or even final winner } but the most important issue is seeing anderson resurface once again because he had started to sink at the club he is easily utds best box to box midfielder and just needs that bleedin goal to unleash him :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
the guy has certainly upped his game in the last few games and has impressed me more than ever before-still think there is a LOT more to come and he can still have a great and significant future here.......now how about a goal??? think i started a thread about it......when oh when will it come.......i tell you now when he scores one more will follow!!! believe

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
It's been good to see him start our last 3 games. He's a player I really like and I expect big things for him. His energy, passing, willingness to run at players and penalty-taking are all big positives. Just needs to work on his shooting!

1 - 20 of 276 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.