Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
261 - 276 of 276 Posts

·
This is how it feels to be City....
15,156 Posts
i agree totally with what you say ,but then we have a player in an advanced position who is very poor at scoring ,so in a way we are playing into the top teams hands , i think we all agree utd needs players capeable of punishing opponents when they have the chance , and anderson for all his worth just isn't that player.
Sounds like an oxymoron - but AM's can still be dangerous without posing a direct goal-threat themselves...

I think the shooting will come... esp. given his range of passing.....

·
Big Daddy
34,250 Posts
September for full fitness I believe. Depends on how much work he puts in and how quickly his knee responds. I hope he fulfills his potential with us, as I just know if we sell him he'll be one of those players who haunts us and does exceptionally well elsewhere (Like Pique)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
If we dont sign a AMC then alot of next season is going to lie on Andersons shoulders.

He HAS all the attributes, he just needs to find a consistency like Nani did 2nd half of the season just gone.

·
"You're Pretty Good"
15,939 Posts
If United don't sign anyone over the summer, which I don't expect them to, then Anderson more than anyone else needs to step up.

He has everything - He's athletic, strong, amazingly skillful when he wants to be and can run at people. What amazes me is his lack of aggressivenes, he can take games over, but he rarely does. I've always stated that Ferguson has done a poor job with him. There were games last season where he was our best player, only to be dropped the next game. This was something that frustrated me with Owen too (Think after the Wolfsburg game). Nani however did manage to break his way in, probably because Ferguson is desperate to get some youth on the left wing.

Still my point remains - With the financial situation we have - Ferguson has to sink or swim with some of the younger guys. Hernandez, Anderson, Smalling etc. They need to be given their chance and he needs to stick with them when they actually start to show something.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Anderson needs to find a balance with his passing, he tries the killer pass too often. Its rare that you see someone who can run past players in the middle of the park like Anderson can, his dribbling is one of this best attributes. If only Scholes could show him how to move off the ball.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Anderson needs to find a balance with his passing, he tries the killer pass too often. Its rare that you see someone who can run past players in the middle of the park like Anderson can, his dribbling is one of this best attributes. If only Scholes could show him how to move off the ball.
... and strike the ball sweetly

·
Aka Menlo(ve)
5,184 Posts
He also needs to practice his finishing. How many has he scored in roughly 90 games? One goal? Just not enough my friend, just not enough. I like the kid but to be honest I don't think he'll ever quite cut it here because he can't score.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Next season will probably be a make or break season for him... when is he scheduled back?
ye i agreee
i even think if we get a good offer now for him fergie will sell him
hes a good player but i think he pushed his luck with fergie

·
Registered
431 Posts
I predicted (and believed) that Anderson would become a bigger successs then Ronaldo...I remember a Match of The Day ,when Anderson was highlighted after a game, when Hanson was raving about him showing how he gave defenders "The eye" by looking left and then passing right, how he could "drop a shoulder" and go passed defenders at speed, and acurately pass long and short. He also had a couple of ferocious shots (admittedly off target) and everyone agreed if he could add goals to his game he would go on to be one of the best midfielders in the game. Just imagine a midfield of Anderson reaching his full potential and a fit Hargreves.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
I want Anderson to get a starting role for us next season, it annoys me how talented Nani and Anderson were and how little game time they got. Nani is starting to show his potential and Anderson will if Fergie allows him to.

I see Anderson as a box to box midfielder alongside a more holding midfielder Fletcher, with an attacking midfielder like Gourcuff being signed to play in a 4-5-1

261 - 276 of 276 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.