Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
So was Fergie, and that is why he started...:thumbsup:
Lol, he did start didn't he..!:eek: :rolleyes:
Completely forgot about that Cappy, thanks for refreshing my memory..!:thumbsup:

The main point I was trying to make was that with Anderson back in the middle of the park we look more solid and he brings that energy with him around the pitch.. He's an important player for us to have in the big games and when him and Hargreaves are fit next season they both will be hugely important for us..!:)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I agree, i was v impressed with him in his last few games, he's the kind of energy we need, he'll run all day, i think he could be our Hargreaves of last season! Great he is in form cos Carrick has been in poor form of late, hopefully his goal will give him a boost!

I was a little worried for Anderson, maybe he would be a one season wonder, but looks like he's gotten over his poor form and fitness... now all he needs is that 1st goal!!!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
I don't think anyone can deny he's played a couple of blinders recently. Porto, Everton and last night he has been one of our best players in each game, showing all the promise he showed last season. I really think that he can and will become a top class midfielder for us.

That pass for Rooneys goal, it was something else. I'm glad he's hit a good run of form and long may it continue.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Lol, he did start didn't he..!:eek: :rolleyes:
Completely forgot about that Cappy, thanks for refreshing my memory..!:thumbsup:
Tbf though, he was taken off early in the second half before everything went wrong so I can see why you got muddled there.

I made the point in the Matchday thread that he was excellent last night, possibly MOTM (I voted for Rooney but it was very, very close.) I think he has made our midfield more solid and has added a freshness to the midfield in his recent spell. I said a while ago that, imo, he is best as a box-to-box player and I felt he was wasted somewhat when he had to play deep in midfield.

Recently though, he's been less restricted and I think that has shown that he could be a big part of our midfield if given that role more often.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
He's a development one for the future, at the minute he has bags of energy and he's doing well in the role he is given, however he will develop into the potential SAF saw in him, and also players who have had broken legs can take years to adjust back to the way they were. His pass last night was simply brilliant.
He's our FUTURE.

·
Registered
12 Posts
he is a great young player but think its abit ova the top to say he is our future
other players still hittin there prime in the not to distant future like rooney and ronaldo
still think hes good but dont understand how he hasnt scored yet cos he seems composed wen takin penalties?? any ideas?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
still think hes good but dont understand how he hasnt scored yet cos he seems composed wen takin penalties?? any ideas?
It is a mystery.

He scored a wonder goal for Gremio that got them promoted and made him a local hero. Gremio only had 7 players on the pitch, the opposition had just had a penalty saved and Anderson dribbled from the half way line before scoring to make it 1-0 in the promotion playoff. That's one of the reasons he was being touted as the 'new Ronaldinho'.

It's got to be a confidence issue now though. To be here nearly 2 seasons and to have not scored is incredible. Once he gets one though I'm sure he'll go on to get many more.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I was so sure he was goona score his 1st goal for us last night before the game and he did come really close in the 1st half but it wasn't to be..!:p
Still his game isn't really about goals and he has a fantastic range of passing..

Looks a quality penalty taker too - I think that's 3 now..
So it is a mystery how he hasn't scored....................yet..!;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Its good to see him have a couple of good games at last because he has been pretty disappointing.The potential is undoubtedly there----If he can maintain improvement he could be a real winner for us.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
if someone would show him how to shoot he would be even better , i remember seeing the clips of him on you tube when he first signed and thought this lad is going to bang some goals in the clips made him look superb.
I think he will get better and better with time , he could hold a regular place next season

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Its good to see him have a couple of good games at last because he has been pretty disappointing.The potential is undoubtedly there----If he can maintain improvement he could be a real winner for us.
Agreed. He is a very likable player with huge potential but he has disappointed since last March if we are being fair. He burst onto the scene but his form soon faded. I was beginning to wonder whether his off field antics had anything to do with his slump in form. Im delighted he has come into form in his last few games but he needs to carry it on till the end of the season. He is still young and raw but he needs to ******* score a goal :D

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
Who cares if he doesnt score, thats the strikers job, but the kid has massive talent if he puts the work in he will be a world beater no doubt about it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am glad he is performing well, I really admire this kid. He is Brazilian but he doesn't have the flair or the trickery of a typical one. He offers neat passing, strength on the ball and in confrontations, and gives penetration to our attacking game.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The boy is fantastic. I like his style of play and accurate passes.His strength and endurance makes our midfield strong.He is the player who can tuckle and maintain possession of the ball.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am glad he is performing well, I really admire this kid. He is Brazilian but he doesn't have the flair or the trickery of a typical one. He offers neat passing, strength on the ball and in confrontations, and gives penetration to our attacking game.
I agree with everything you said there apart from he doesn't have flair!

When he was at Porto he used this aspect to his game a lot more compared to now. also at Porto he played a lot higher up the field where there is a lot more opportunity to use your flair and not get punished as easily if it doesn't come off! Maybe it's the way Sir alex wants him to play or what he thinks is most apropriate for the Premiership.

He is a great player tho, really comitted. Just need a little more consistency from him for example during the match against Portsmouth he played excellent 1st half but gave away the ball around 4/5 times in a row during 2nd! Would have been MOM in my opinion if he didn't have such a bad 2nd half!

1 of my fave players already tho and the best is def yet to come!

Just think how & when Ronaldinho peaked.. Hopefully similiar to Anderson but Better!

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I think he will score tomorrow against spurs, well i hope he does. Once he gets his first united goal i think they will flow. :)

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
When he was at Porto he used this aspect to his game a lot more compared to now. also at Porto he played a lot higher up the field where there is a lot more opportunity to use your flair and not get punished as easily if it doesn't come off! Maybe it's the way Sir alex wants him to play or what he thinks is most apropriate for the Premiership.
I'm guessing SAF tells Anderson to get stuck in more & wants to make him combative.

I without a strong midfield enforcer SAF doesn't want Ando playing further up as it would expose our midfield.

Perhaps that will change when Hargo returns. Either way I agree that Ando had more flair at Porto.

·
Registered
717 Posts
He is a very very good player last season he had gerrad in his back pocket at their place , hasnt played as much this season i to would like to see him given more games next season i feel if he does he will only get better .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah. When facing other midfield giants, Anderson definitely has an upper hand. He has great strength, strong in the tackle, and is great at confronting opposition. I am glad Sir Alex finally discovered where to play this lad. I hope he starts against Arsenal and maybe tomorrow if Sir Alex decides not to rest him.

21 - 40 of 276 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.