Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree with everything you said there apart from he doesn't have flair!

When he was at Porto he used this aspect to his game a lot more compared to now. also at Porto he played a lot higher up the field where there is a lot more opportunity to use your flair and not get punished as easily if it doesn't come off! Maybe it's the way Sir alex wants him to play or what he thinks is most apropriate for the Premiership.
By flair, I meant footwork, trickery, close control, etc. For most Brazilians, this is the best part of their game. Anderson however does not offer trickery or footwork by any sort. He uses his strength to penetrate the defense and to confront players. His passing technique is good but it is inconsistent however. When he used to play in CM, he had trouble retaining possession but he looks much more aggressive and creative when playing further up.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
The main problem with Anderson playing CM is his positioning and off the ball movement. Particularly the latter.

Moving a couple of metres into some space can make the difference between retaining possesion and simply hoofing the ball up field.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
its 20/1 for ando to score againist spuds, very tasty bet as hes gotta score sum time...
We say the same every match and he stil hasn't scored lol. Though he is getting closer. I reckon he'll score by the end of the season. Preferably a winner in a big game.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
We say the same every match and he stil hasn't scored lol. Though he is getting closer. I reckon he'll score by the end of the season. Preferably a winner in a big game.
i feel that if united get a penalty sunday that they shud let ando take it, he hasnt missed a penalty yet, hes 3 from 3...

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
We missed him in the first half today.

Time and time again whenCarrick had space in front of him, he chose to spray passes arround instead of carrying the ball forard. Anderson would have ran with the ball and allowed everyone to push up further before releasing a pass.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming Carrick for anything, I'm just highlighting a side of his game which is weak and where Anderson compliments him much better than Fletcher can.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
It looks like Anderson will start against Arsenal now.
I do agree with RFR, he does compliment Carrick more than Fletcher and we did miss his quick runs while carrying the ball forward today. Giggs will also start on the left and get his 800th appearance.:)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Manchester United's Alex Ferguson Claims Anderson Is Paul Scholes? Replacement - Goal.com

Manchester United's midfield trio of Michael Carrick, Darren Fletcher and Anderson all battled through the opening leg of the club's Champions League semi-final win over Arsenal six days ago but were rested for the clash with Middlesbrough last weekend. They will presumably start again on Tuesday evening, when United visit Ashburton Grove.

Regarding the tie, Ferguson singled out Anderson for specific praise and outlined the sort of role that he envisages the player fulfilling in future years.

"The midfield worked so hard against Arsenal in the first leg, we decided to rest the three of them," Ferguson told the club's official website. "We put Anderson on the bench because he’s not had as much football as Michael and Darren. But they’ve had a rest and they’ll be fresh for Tuesday if I decide to play them all."

On whose game he believes Anderson would be wise to learn off in order to grow in his most natural position, Ferguson said, "I think he is going to replace Paul Scholes, that’s my opinion. I think he’s an outstanding talent; he's got fantastic speed and strength.

"He’s still only 21. In the second half [against Arsenal], he was starting to be too positive, so we brought Giggs into midfield to give us more experience."

Despite featuring in 72 games for Sir Alex Ferguson, Anderson is yet to make the net bulge. The manager claims he is not perturbed by such a statistic.

"We’re all lighting candles for that!" he smiled

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
By flair, I meant footwork, trickery, close control, etc. For most Brazilians, this is the best part of their game. Anderson however does not offer trickery or footwork by any sort. He uses his strength to penetrate the defense and to confront players. His passing technique is good but it is inconsistent however. When he used to play in CM, he had trouble retaining possession but he looks much more aggressive and creative when playing further up.
Obviously havent watched him for nearly half his games for United. I remember him skinning 4 Roma players last season in one of his first games so its clear that he has the footwork. Also, calling dribbling 3 different names isnt fooling anyone.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
I've been saying that for ages too.

If we get a penalty before the end of the season, Anderson should take it. :D
Well, would love that but these things don`t work with sentimentality. Ronaldo is our penalty taker and he should take all our penalties, and i don`t agree with decisions like these. Anderson knows how to score, he`s just being cheeky ;) He`ll find the net soon.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
he tries to sidefoot it the whole time and that for me is where the problem lies look at all his best strikes in the compilation movies of him on youtube and there all struck with the laces of his boot with power!

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
did Gilsey say that?:p i never watch the pre or post match analysis ever :rofl:
You see Bill, he has to power the ball in. In my day, in the great Leeds team, i would always power those shots in.

Okay doke.

Ronaldo is muck.

Eamon quiet down, i'm talking about the great Leeds side while I wank over 34 year old Paul Scholes.

Berbatov is lazy.

That it Eamon, i'm going to go old school Gilliesy on your arse. Leeds style.
Why the hell would you not watch this comedy gold? Chavs these days, too busy being ******* to watching comedy telly.

41 - 60 of 276 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.