Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok before you all get on my case, I think he had a great game today and played very well but I have a problem......
I often criticise other players from other teams for diving or trying to get oppostion players booked but when I saw Anderson rolling around the floor today and trying to get players booked I was embarassed by his behaviour. It was pretty disgraceful I think. At least Edwin got in there to calm things down.
Am I on my own here or does anyone feel the same as myself?
Your thoughts please.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yes i agree... he did play well today and i backe dhim for a goal (never mind) but you are right his rolling around and waving imaginary cards was bad i hate it when others do it..But he was trying to get Fabregas booked so i will allow this as Fabragas is a c**t gd player but a c**t and he did roll around abit at the start then dnt like Anderson doing it... T****r :D

·
Registered
406 Posts
Pathetic, absolutely pathetic. I said the same about Nani last week and i say it again now, United players are fair players. we dont cheat, we dont wave imaginary cards, we dont dive etc And the young new comers need to learn .. FAST.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keano's fan said:
Pathetic, absolutely pathetic. I said the same about Nani last week and i say it again now, United players are fair players. we dont cheat, we dont wave imaginary cards, we dont dive etc And the young new comers need to learn .. FAST.
Exactly this wouldnt happen if a Keane or Neville had been on the pitch. They just simply wouldnt allow it on their watch. Im sure Fergie will have a word. And yes Nani seems to be overreacting at times as well. We dont need this kind of behaviour from United players.

·
Registered
414 Posts
to be fair to anderson, it was a stinkin challenge and caught his ankle and looked pretty sore, seeing united players play fair and tough is something i love to see and i guess u gotta get what you give, but who right now has the keane\smudge attitude makin sure nobodies bein a pussy, im guessin vidic or ferdinand to take the mantle, neville thinks he's hard but he aint, scholes or giggs aint the type, rooneys young and leads the line so he's enough on his plate, riovida will rule the world

·
Registered
406 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:
to be fair to anderson, it was a stinkin challenge and caught his ankle and looked pretty sore
NO NO NO it was undefendable. It was plain cheating, he didnt even catch him Anderson threw himself at the tackle and he got straight up after Fabregas got booked.

·
Registered
406 Posts
So you are okay with Anderson rolling on the floor after minimum contact and getting straight up when the opponent gets booked ?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mulletsneverdie said:
he did catch him, i recorded it and ive seen it a few times, he caught him right on the ankle, clear as day
yes fair enouh he did catch him but it was a bit of an overreaction imo. He did an Eboue:eek: and trying to get players booked is a big no no. He will learn in time I hope.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
I think you're right about Anderson's performance, but wrong about his attitude.

It's a simple fact, not often accepted by the English, that all players tell the
referee to book someone. The reason you see foreigners do it more often in the
Premiership is simple - they don't speak the language as well.

We saw just a couple of weeks ago Gerrard tell the referee to send off a player -
we didn't see the imaginery card because he speaks English !!

Rooney has done it, Lampard has done it, John Terry does it.......I've seen Ryan
Giggs do it - They all do it.

At least waving the imaginary card is being honest.

Most players will condem others for asking for bookings in such a way, only to
then make the same point verbally to the ref.............and none of us knows what
is said verbally to a ref - so how can we really comment anyway !

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
carlyluvsunited said:
I think you're right about Anderson's performance, but wrong about his attitude.

It's a simple fact, not often accepted by the English, that all players tell the
referee to book someone. The reason you see foreigners do it more often in the
Premiership is simple - they don't speak the language as well.

We saw just a couple of weeks ago Gerrard tell the referee to send off a player -
we didn't see the imaginery card because he speaks English !!

Rooney has done it, Lampard has done it, John Terry does it.......I've seen Ryan
Giggs do it - They all do it.

At least waving the imaginary card is being honest.

Most players will condem others for asking for bookings in such a way, only to
then make the same point verbally to the ref.............and none of us knows what
is said verbally to a ref - so how can we really comment anyway !

I must say you make a good and valid point there Carly.
I started this thread to get an opinion as Im wondering what the general thought is. Im still unimpressed by his 'antics' but I take your point on board.......
I still think he has a lot of growing up to do.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Well I know how frustrating it can be myself - you want to say something but you
cant - the language holds you back. So I do feel sorry for him - everything he
says is seen by everyone - as it is mostly sign language.

Rooney is a good example !

Watch him - if he is punished for a foul or something - always he has something
to say - he will swear to ref - he will point to where other offences take place
against him etc etc.........

Anderson is a good boy and he wont be a cheat I dont think so anyway !

·
Registered
414 Posts
it wasn't minimum contact, i doubt they tackle each other with such incompetence in training and being new to the english game im not supprised by the way he reacted, he wasnt expecting a tackle like that and his reaction is only natural, whether the ref gives a card or not is up to him and i find it only a coincidence he got up when the ref had taken his appropriate action and decided to get on with the game. Im willin to let him off with the rolling around this time, first offence, he doesnt dive-which does bother me, he doesnt pussy out, he doesnt hesitate, all great attributes and were busy quarrelling over a single incident where he rolled two more times than is acceptable. He does need to wise up to the english game though, i didnt like the card wavin he was doin at some other point in the game.

christ, the arguments ended has it, good one carly, go anderson!

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
He did great again today, but i also agree, that such behavior is unecessary. He is young, give him time, he'll mature and cease such childish antics.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I think alot of you also forget that he is a young player who has come from a country that doesn't dislike diving, until he has been at united abit longer i don't think anyone can really say to much.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
i see no problem in waving with an imaginary card towards the ref... clapping to a ref on the other hand is mocking, and disrespecting, waving is like saying -
"hey , this deserves a card"... i thought cesc deserved the card , anderson thought too...i would have done the same...i would have been pissed too... what's a big deal . it's not like he did something wrong... to see the words like "**** you" coming out froom rooney's mouth is what we all should be emmbarased, not with waving to the ref... it is a common thing in football unfortunatelly

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
i see no problem in waving with an imaginary card towards the ref... clapping to a ref on the other hand is mocking, and disrespecting, waving is like saying -
"hey , this deserves a card"... i thought cesc deserved the card , anderson thought too...i would have done the same...i would have been pissed too... what's a big deal . it's not like he did something wrong... to see the words like "**** you" coming out froom rooney's mouth is what we all should be emmbarased, not with waving to the ref... it is a common thing in football unfortunatelly
Good point actually.......

Although people complain today about Nani and his little roll on the pitch,
lol.......no one ever says a single word about players clapping the ref - which is
outright contempt !!

No one ever says a word either when you can clearly lip read players
saying "F*cking prick" and other such names towards the referee !!

Seems to me people worry more about a player trying some gamesmanship -
rather than foul and abusive language which can be seen by 1000s of young
children who look up to these players !!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts