Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
There is a theory going round that because Anderson cannot speak English he was making the hand gesture in trying to explain to the referee that he had booked 2 United players for the same offence (he also points to the other areas of the pitch where the United players were booked).

However, I was disappointed that he waved the imaginary card and was lucky to escape a booking for it (my understanding is that refs are now told to punish this behaviour). It needs explaining to him that this behaviour is not acceptable.

When he started rolling around after being tackled I initially burst out laughing because it looked comical, especially when he leapt to his feet as soon as the free-kick was given. But again this behaviour is unacceptable and he should be warned by the club about his future conduct.

When Ronaldo first came to the club he was diving etc but I think someone at the club has spoken to him about it because he doesn't seem to do it as often. Someone needs to do the same with Anderson...and Nani too.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
ahhhh...if only everyone would speak with gestures towards the refs instead of calling them filthy and disgusting names... Would it have made the difference if he'd said - "Ref, that was a ****ing card" We see it all the time from our players... Even Giggsy... He gets in the ref's face often , and speaks with him, makes pressure to card other players...And no one says a word about that ! When J.Cole tackled Ronaldo, everyone was in the ref's face, and that was OK and this wasn't ?! Why ? Is it only if someone God forbbid makes a gesture for everyone to see it, then he's a "cheat" or so... And this post wasn't aimed directly at you, it was to everyone...
I know what you mean. If refs enforced the rules about foul and abusive language then Rooney would be sent off in every game because swearing is part of his natural dialogue. A mate of mine at school used to say the f-word in literally every sentence.

How's your f'ing day been? Mine's been f'ing good. What the f' do you mean you don't like me using the f-word? etc

Hand gestures are clearly visible to everyone in the crowd though - I think that's why they are clamping down on it because if opposition fans see it then it can cause trouble.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts