Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
anderson was bang out of order of today not only is his behaviour unacceptable at utd it's also unacceptable in the english game full stop.

i was very pissed off and angry today when i seen him do that, also nani is a bit of a diver and so was ronaldo and RVN when they 1st arrived fergie will soon sort them both out.

the thing we have to remember is that these 2 are very young and will learn quickly under fergie and while it's frustaing at the moment we have to remember that these foriegn players are brought up doing this, as this sort of behaviour is classed as good play in there countrys

·
Registered
177 Posts
yeah..not sure what language he talked to the ref..even if it was english, maybe a broken one..lol..so he showed a sign language to make his points clear..

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
THat was ridiculous what he did and I'm glad Fabregas was letting him know its out of order...Evra play acts a bit too...not good!

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
I found this article.........

Anderson has been a revelation for Manchester United, and when he came with
the massive price tag, and was given a starting eleven squad number, it
appeared as though it could go no other way.

It was his performance against Wigan that first got people talking, being subbed
on earlier than one would have previously hoped due to an injury on Vidic. He
was showing why Ferguson has taken such a leap of faith to fork out the money
he did on a relatively unknown, unproven, young talent.

With every game he has improved, playing surprisingly deep, and showing he can
play as comfortably alongside Scholes as Hargreaves. Something which I noted
time and again last season, was that when Scholes wasn't on the pitch, the
team looked strikingly different. We missed him dreadfully when he wasn't in the
centre of our midfield, and although not always costly, his absence certainly
effected us negatively. However, when United travelled to the Ukraine a fortnight
ago, and Anderson played alongside Fletcher due to late injury news on Scholes,
it was hardly noticeable that we were without our star passer of the ball.
Anderson was winning the ball, starting off moves, knocking the ball around the
pitch comfortably and accurately, and it was really rather remarkable how natural
the teenager looked in our team, bossing the midfield.

His performance again today, against Arsenal, can also not really be faulted.
Before making way for Carrick with fifteen minutes to go, he was arguably our
man of the match. To come up against the five man midfield of Arsenal, which
boasts the other young talents of Fabregas and Flamini, and still hold your own,
is very impressive.

However, despite his great performances, there is an area of his game which
must be stamped out immediately. It was disgraceful to see him call for the
booking of Arsenal players, holding an invisible card up in the referees face, and
possibly even worse seeing him role around in a ridiculous fashion after a foul by
Fabregas. The young Spaniard was quite right to mock the dramatics from
Anderson, and it really was an embarrassment seeing one of our lads behave in
such a way.

More of the great passing and tackling would be perfect, but United cannot and
must not tolerate the behaviour of Anderson today. To quote a well known
hypocrite and diver, we'll have “none of that here.â€

So Fergie, have a word will you.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
I'm sick of those double standards for divers and overreacters - that was over reacting not diving if i remember correctly...
so next time when one of our players says "**** you " to the ref, I'll be opening a thread about it ! let's cut that crap... there are a lot of things that do harm to this beautifull sport, we can't and won't change it... what anderson did was nothing... he persuaded the ref to card the player and over reacted a little bit ... wow ! a big deal !

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
I'm sick of those double standards for divers and overreacters - that was over reacting not diving if i remember correctly...
so next time when one of our players says "**** you " to the ref, I'll be opening a thread about it ! let's cut that crap... there are a lot of things that do harm to this beautifull sport, we can't and won't change it... what anderson did was nothing... he persuaded the ref to card the player and over reacted a little bit ... wow ! a big deal !
Feel free to open your thread.........

The more the merrier as they say :)

I agree with you about all the foul language !!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I don't agree crooney none of the stuff is fine, swearing, diving, card waving and what your saying is the same double standard your complaining about.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
okay ryder... but why don't we open a thread about it and moan about it all the time... waving towards the ref is nothing... it's signalisation...not worth mentioning... what's wrong with everyone ? diving on the other hand is what should be cut out

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
I didnt like what i saw anderson doing either, but I suspect thats to do with the culture he learned his football trade, I expect fergie to get that side out of his game.

He is young , give him a time im sure he wont do that again

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
What is ridiculous is the seemingly rules difference between myself playing and say Gerrard. Foul language in my semi-pro game almost definitely results in a card. Like the laws state. But in the EPL etc, there's different standards. It all needs to be cut out, the language, and most importantly the play acting.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
There is a theory going round that because Anderson cannot speak English he was making the hand gesture in trying to explain to the referee that he had booked 2 United players for the same offence (he also points to the other areas of the pitch where the United players were booked).

However, I was disappointed that he waved the imaginary card and was lucky to escape a booking for it (my understanding is that refs are now told to punish this behaviour). It needs explaining to him that this behaviour is not acceptable.

When he started rolling around after being tackled I initially burst out laughing because it looked comical, especially when he leapt to his feet as soon as the free-kick was given. But again this behaviour is unacceptable and he should be warned by the club about his future conduct.

When Ronaldo first came to the club he was diving etc but I think someone at the club has spoken to him about it because he doesn't seem to do it as often. Someone needs to do the same with Anderson...and Nani too.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
reddwarf said:
There is a theory going round that because Anderson cannot speak English he was making the hand gesture in trying to explain to the referee that he had booked 2 United players for the same offence (he also points to the other areas of the pitch where the United players were booked).

However, I was disappointed that he waved the imaginary card and was lucky to escape a booking for it (my understanding is that refs are now told to punish this behaviour). It needs explaining to him that this behaviour is not acceptable.

When he started rolling around after being tackled I initially burst out laughing because it looked comical, especially when he leapt to his feet as soon as the free-kick was given. But again this behaviour is unacceptable and he should be warned by the club about his future conduct.

When Ronaldo first came to the club he was diving etc but I think someone at the club has spoken to him about it because he doesn't seem to do it as often. Someone needs to do the same with Anderson...and Nani too.
ahhhh...if only everyone would speak with gestures towards the refs instead of calling them filthy and disgusting names... Would it have made the difference if he'd said - "Ref, that was a ****ing card" We see it all the time from our players... Even Giggsy... He gets in the ref's face often , and speaks with him, makes pressure to card other players...And no one says a word about that ! When J.Cole tackled Ronaldo, everyone was in the ref's face, and that was OK and this wasn't ?! Why ? Is it only if someone God forbbid makes a gesture for everyone to see it, then he's a "cheat" or so... And this post wasn't aimed directly at you, it was to everyone...

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
ahhhh...if only everyone would speak with gestures towards the refs instead of calling them filthy and disgusting names... Would it have made the difference if he'd said - "Ref, that was a ****ing card" We see it all the time from our players... Even Giggsy... He gets in the ref's face often , and speaks with him, makes pressure to card other players...And no one says a word about that ! When J.Cole tackled Ronaldo, everyone was in the ref's face, and that was OK and this wasn't ?! Why ? Is it only if someone God forbbid makes a gesture for everyone to see it, then he's a "cheat" or so... And this post wasn't aimed directly at you, it was to everyone...
I know what you mean. If refs enforced the rules about foul and abusive language then Rooney would be sent off in every game because swearing is part of his natural dialogue. A mate of mine at school used to say the f-word in literally every sentence.

How's your f'ing day been? Mine's been f'ing good. What the f' do you mean you don't like me using the f-word? etc

Hand gestures are clearly visible to everyone in the crowd though - I think that's why they are clamping down on it because if opposition fans see it then it can cause trouble.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Ok before you all get on my case, I think he had a great game today and played very well but I have a problem......
I often criticise other players from other teams for diving or trying to get oppostion players booked but when I saw Anderson rolling around the floor today and trying to get players booked I was embarassed by his behaviour. It was pretty disgraceful I think. At least Edwin got in there to calm things down.
Am I on my own here or does anyone feel the same as myself?
Your thoughts please.

You're right in theory Jazz and I agree...that kind of behaviour is unnaceptable..

However....Anderson is 19 or 20 years of age and was playing in probably the fiercest of matches between two old rivals and at that age you have to allow for tempers being frayed and sadly Anderson got overly excited..
I see noone has mentioned Adeybayors clear dive when supposedly tackled by Evra in the opening minutes of the game..????
Both teams were tackling hard and committing fouls...yet only United players had received cards..
This was imho what Anderson and what I hope Anderson was implying when he raised his hand in gesture..
Rolling around on the ground was disappointing to see but it was not the worst and will not be the I have ever seen...
He had a great game and worked like a trojan all over the pitch...
He is the kind of player we need at United and hopefully in another year or so he will have matured into a fine world class player and hopefully will have cut that silly stuff out of his game...
He is still very young and we see far worse from seasoned professionals week in week out.....so leave the kid alone and give him a chance to redeem himself and prove himself in the future...
I'm sure his team mates will have a word and if not hopefully Fergie will.
He looked like a leader out there and long may it continue...albeit without the antics...

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
You're right in theory Jazz and I agree...that kind of behaviour is unnaceptable..

However....Anderson is 19 or 20 years of age and was playing in probably the fiercest of matches between two old rivals and at that age you have to allow for tempers being frayed and sadly Anderson got overly excited..
I see noone has mentioned Adeybayors clear dive when supposedly tackled by Evra in the opening minutes of the game..????
Both teams were tackling hard and committing fouls...yet only United players had received cards..
This was imho what Anderson and what I hope Anderson was implying when he raised his hand in gesture..
Rolling around on the ground was disappointing to see but it was not the worst and will not be the I have ever seen...
He had a great game and worked like a trojan all over the pitch...
He is the kind of player we need at United and hopefully in another year or so he will have matured into a fine world class player and hopefully will have cut that silly stuff out of his game...
He is still very young and we see far worse from seasoned professionals week in week out.....so leave the kid alone and give him a chance to redeem himself and prove himself in the future...
I'm sure his team mates will have a word and if not hopefully Fergie will.
He looked like a leader out there and long may it continue...albeit without the antics...
you mean near the thouchline ??? That's because Evra swept him away--- Ade escaped harder contact by throwing himself over Evra's sliding body... He could have been injured---- Evra kicked him out of balance... It was a clear card... Even Evra admit it with no complaining... He slided him away mate

reddwarf said:
I know what you mean. If refs enforced the rules about foul and abusive language then Rooney would be sent off in every game because swearing is part of his natural dialogue. A mate of mine at school used to say the f-word in literally every sentence.

How's your f'ing day been? Mine's been f'ing good. What the f' do you mean you don't like me using the f-word? etc

Hand gestures are clearly visible to everyone in the crowd though - I think that's why they are clamping down on it because if opposition fans see it then it can cause trouble.
I agree , but that's my point... It was nothing wrong in it... He insulted no one , especially not the ref... That's why the ref didn't book him... Why should he mate ? He was only saying - hey...that deserves the card... Why making the big deal out of it ? I really can't see the case

21 - 40 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.