Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
ahhhh...if only everyone would speak with gestures towards the refs instead of calling them filthy and disgusting names... Would it have made the difference if he'd said - "Ref, that was a ****ing card" We see it all the time from our players... Even Giggsy... He gets in the ref's face often , and speaks with him, makes pressure to card other players...And no one says a word about that ! When J.Cole tackled Ronaldo, everyone was in the ref's face, and that was OK and this wasn't ?! Why ? Is it only if someone God forbbid makes a gesture for everyone to see it, then he's a "cheat" or so... And this post wasn't aimed directly at you, it was to everyone...
Bad language will always be in the game. I dont think its even half as bad as play acting or waving imaginary cards about(i do take your point on board that he cant speak English-but still....)
And as for Joe Coles tackle, Im glad everyone got in the refs face. Those kind of tackles can ruin careers. That filthy two footed lunge on his Achilles was disgraceful. He had no intention of playing the ball. He was just out to hurt Ronnie. The only reason he didnt get sent off was because Chelsea were already down to 10 men.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
You're right in theory Jazz and I agree...that kind of behaviour is unnaceptable..

However....Anderson is 19 or 20 years of age and was playing in probably the fiercest of matches between two old rivals and at that age you have to allow for tempers being frayed and sadly Anderson got overly excited..
I see noone has mentioned Adeybayors clear dive when supposedly tackled by Evra in the opening minutes of the game..????
Both teams were tackling hard and committing fouls...yet only United players had received cards..
This was imho what Anderson and what I hope Anderson was implying when he raised his hand in gesture..
Rolling around on the ground was disappointing to see but it was not the worst and will not be the I have ever seen...
He had a great game and worked like a trojan all over the pitch...
He is the kind of player we need at United and hopefully in another year or so he will have matured into a fine world class player and hopefully will have cut that silly stuff out of his game...
He is still very young and we see far worse from seasoned professionals week in week out.....so leave the kid alone and give him a chance to redeem himself and prove himself in the future...
I'm sure his team mates will have a word and if not hopefully Fergie will.
He looked like a leader out there and long may it continue...albeit without the antics...

What Arsenal match doesn't get "sadly" over excited with United???
Tell me, because every game with Arsenal and United - it gets hot tempered and over excited. But Anderson does one thing, every United fan and football fan is raging with him. Look at all the other incidents caused by Arsenal previously, not half a much controversy!!!! Give him a break he is young, he will learn, lay off him for once. Ever since he turned up at United, few have backed him, endless critics including pundits......give em a chance and a break.....for once!

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Bad language will always be in the game. I dont think its even half as bad as play acting or waving imaginary cards about(i do take your point on board that he cant speak English-but still....)
And as for Joe Coles tackle, Im glad everyone got in the refs face. Those kind of tackles can ruin careers. That filthy two footed lunge on his Achilles was disgraceful. He had no intention of playing the ball. He was just out to hurt Ronnie. The only reason he didnt get sent off was because Chelsea were already down to 10 men.
I can't believe you actually said that... Why is that ? Do tell me please mate ! So, you're basicaly telling me that communication with the ref can be accaptable only with no gestures... That's bull man... A shit on the plot is a shit on the plot, no matter how right it looks...If what Anderson did was wrong ( in terms of waving ), then every surrounding of the ref is wrong . No matter if the incident that has accured before is a nasty tackle from behind or a little less nasty. As I remember it , it was a tckle from behind, thus a yellow card is appropriate ( maybe I'm wrong ). Anderson was persuading the ref to punish Cesc, Giggs and Scholes did that too at Chelsea match... Where's the difference.. Only in type of communaction... C'mon , if you look at it closely, you'll see that I'm right.. Just consider it , will ya
And foul language is AS bad if not the WORST type of communication...Would you rather see someone insulting your dead parents or you or someone implying that you should card a player... I would chose a second... Besides play acting , Anderson did nothing wrong... I can't believe it is being disccussed only at English forums... I haven't found a single article in the medias about it... At least foreign,,,
Cheers

Anderson's God said:
What Arsenal match doesn't get "sadly" over excited with United???
Tell me, because every game with Arsenal and United - it gets hot tempered and over excited. But Anderson does one thing, every United fan and football fan is raging with him. Look at all the other incidents caused by Arsenal previously, not half a much controversy!!!! Give him a break he is young, he will learn, lay off him for once. Ever since he turned up at United, few have backed him, endless critics including pundits......give em a chance and a break.....for once!
There aren't many football fans raging with him...Believe me.. No one in my country has even mentioned it ! No one.. And I'm sure some German, Spain or Belgium fans didn't even notice it... It was nothing ( waving thing ).. It is a gesture that says - This deserves a card, just like everyone else does it ... Especially Rooney with his language mate..
I have a feeling that everyone here feels soooo embarassed with this stupidity while seeing Rooney clapping to the ref or insulting him , you take it for granted, and just get over it like nothing happened. Should we open a thread about how embaressed we feel every time Rooney opens his mouth ? Coz this stupidity doesn't deserve a thread ! Let me tell you something - I feel much more embarassed seeing Rooney saying the f word that any other play acting or waving to the ref... An insult on a personal level is the most disgusting thing in football that should be cut off ...
I don't know mate... I think y'all got too sensitive after "ronaldo-rooney incident"... Maybe I'm wrong... Would it have made any difference if he'd said - **** you ref, that deserves the card , without hand getsure ? I want honest answer, and what I'm affarid , what is absolutelly shocking, is that you ( not you in person, but most of you ) probably think it would have been more acceptable ...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Perhaps being don't like it but don't feel the need to harp on about it, i wouldn't have posted anout any of the stuff had you not shown such double standards to what you find acceptable. I have said i don't find any of it right and you are happy for people to dive about and card wave.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
Perhaps being don't like it but don't feel the need to harp on about it, i wouldn't have posted anout any of the stuff had you not shown such double standards to what you find acceptable. I have said i don't find any of it right and you are happy for people to dive about and card wave.
no, no---i wasn't talking about the "dive",I was talking about waving incident on his own... if there was a dive, it should be punished... I dont know if he dived, I thought it was a foul... he did over react though. but if people are complaining ONLY for the waving that it is a nonsence

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
I can't believe you actually said that... Why is that ? Do tell me please mate ! So, you're basicaly telling me that communication with the ref can be accaptable only with no gestures... That's bull man... A shit on the plot is a shit on the plot, no matter how right it looks...If what Anderson did was wrong ( in terms of waving ), then every surrounding of the ref is wrong . No matter if the incident that has accured before is a nasty tackle from behind or a little less nasty. As I remember it , it was a tckle from behind, thus a yellow card is appropriate ( maybe I'm wrong ). Anderson was persuading the ref to punish Cesc, Giggs and Scholes did that too at Chelsea match... Where's the difference.. Only in type of communaction... C'mon , if you look at it closely, you'll see that I'm right.. Just consider it , will ya
And foul language is AS bad if not the WORST type of communication...Would you rather see someone insulting your dead parents or you or someone implying that you should card a player... I would chose a second... Besides play acting , Anderson did nothing wrong... I can't believe it is being disccussed only at English forums... I haven't found a single article in the medias about it... At least foreign,,,
Cheers

There aren't many football fans raging with him...Believe me.. No one in my country has even mentioned it ! No one.. And I'm sure some German, Spain or Belgium fans didn't even notice it... It was nothing ( waving thing ).. It is a gesture that says - This deserves a card, just like everyone else does it ... Especially Rooney with his language mate..
I have a feeling that everyone here feels soooo embarassed with this stupidity while seeing Rooney clapping to the ref or insulting him , you take it for granted, and just get over it like nothing happened. Should we open a thread about how embaressed we feel every time Rooney opens his mouth ? Coz this stupidity doesn't deserve a thread ! Let me tell you something - I feel much more embarassed seeing Rooney saying the f word that any other play acting or waving to the ref... An insult on a personal level is the most disgusting thing in football that should be cut off ...
I don't know mate... I think y'all got too sensitive after "ronaldo-rooney incident"... Maybe I'm wrong... Would it have made any difference if he'd said - **** you ref, that deserves the card , without hand getsure ? I want honest answer, and what I'm affarid , what is absolutelly shocking, is that you ( not you in person, but most of you ) probably think it would have been more acceptable ...

TBH with you, I don't agree with the bad language, I think that is very wrong and should be stamped out. Refs should do something about that. The "hand card" might have been because Anderson cannot speak english - if that is regarded as bad, then Gerrard convincing refs to make sending off is twice as bad! I don't feel their was a whole lot wrong with the card gesture!

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Anderson's God said:
TBH with you, I don't agree with the bad language, I think that is very wrong and should be stamped out. Refs should do something about that. The "hand card" might have been because Anderson cannot speak english - if that is regarded as bad, then Gerrard convincing refs to make sending off is twice as bad! I don't feel their was a whole lot wrong with the card gesture!
spot on mate... I was hoping for that responce

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
It's funny how you both are from abroad and defend card waving etc, none of it is fine.
why is wrong ? is saying "That wasn't a ****ing foul, no ****ing way... Or " that deserves a ****ing card ref... " Is that wrong ? Just answer me please mate

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
This answer your question m8

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Why ? Do you find right then saying - Hey ref, that was a card... without the f word
Sorry for being boring but just trying to figure out something

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
You shouldn't speak to the ref at all, you shouldn't dive ,swear,card wave or anything else it is all poor sportsmanship and should be got rid of from football. You ever watch a game of rugby where only the captain can have a small but respectful talk with the ref, that how it should be.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
You shouldn't speak to the ref at all, you shouldn't dive ,swear,card wave or anything else it is all poor sportsmanship and should be got rid of from football. You ever watch a game of rugby where only the captain can have a small but respectful talk with the ref, that how it should be.
fair enough, tha it what i was hoping for

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
It's funny how you both are from abroad and defend card waving etc, none of it is fine.

I hope you are not implying what I think you are implying !!:mad: ..... further more you English are in no position to talk. Take a good, hard long look at Gerrard .................!!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
You must struggle in reading what i have written, i don't think any of this is acceptable. Also it seems to be you two guys that are defending card waving where as the british guys that are defending the other things so yes it must be a cultural difference.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
You must struggle in reading what i have written, i don't think any of this is acceptable. Also it seems to be you two guys that are defending card waving where as the british guys that are defending the other things so yes it must be a cultural difference.

Can see why you don't support Arsenal, plain as day!

41 - 60 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.