Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
United fans may only have seen glimpses of Brazilian midfielder Anderson's talents, but Sir Alex Ferguson is certain everyone will be impressed when he overcomes injury and make his Reds bow.

Perhaps the least known of United's four summer captures, Anderson is currently recovering from a hamstring strain and is yet to make his competitive debut for the Reds.

At just 19, he barely had time to impress at his former club FC Porto, who signed him from Brazilian side Gremio in January 2006, before United snapped him up in the summer for a fee reported to be around £20million.

He suffered a broken leg last season, further limiting his exposure at Porto, but that snapshot was enough to impress United's scouts and Sir Alex revealed that the Reds were reluctant to risk losing Anderson to a rival.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
i think this could be a great signing for the club- but we must be patient with this one- as you said earlier he was signed in 2006 by porto and broke his leg if memory serves me right i think he only played 23-26 games for porto this makes him very inexperierenced in european football never mind the prem which is the fastest, strongest and best league in the world i think he will play a bit part this season- fergie will slowly introduce him to our league coz i think he will take a while to adapt

·
Registered
391 Posts
I think he'll do really well when he actually gets to play, might not be instant but he's only 19, he'll become a star player in a few years I reckon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts