Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anderson may return from an ankle injury in time to feature in next weekend's Carling Cup final against Tottenham.

The Brazilian midfielder had been out since being stretchered off at the end of the Reds' semi-final, second leg win over Derby County, but he is now eyeing a return to action.

"Anderson is back training," Sir Alex Ferguson told his pre-Blackburn press conference. "He started training today with the first team and he could be ready for the League Cup final on Sunday [1 March]."

Blackburn's visit to Old Trafford and a tricky trip to face Internazionale in the San Siro await United before next weekend's trip to Wembley, and Sir Alex admits he is going to have to rotate his squad in order to keep in the hunt for every competition.

"We are picking different teams, and we'll have a different team tomorrow, Tuesday and Sunday," he said. "In the Sunday game I can say that the young ones who've played in the competition all along will play, I'm not changing my mind on that one."

Sauce

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Glad he is coming back, and I think the time off will help him. He should come back rested and recharged to become the motor he was last year. Good luck, and hope he recovers in time for the Carling final.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Great news. Tbh I was a little disappointed with him this year. Hope he finds him form now that the business end of the season is near. We need all the help we can get and a fit and firing Ando will be a great boost to the team.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
He'll probably start on the bench but it'll be good to have him back. He's featured in every game of our Carling Cup run so it'd be a shame if he missed out on playing in the final.

·
Registered
773 Posts
BIG BOOST TO THE MIDFIELD AREA......hope will get better and sharper on the pitch....One question...When will he score, could it be in the carling cup final ??/

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Mr United said:
BIG BOOST TO THE MIDFIELD AREA......hope will get better and sharper on the pitch....One question...When will he score, could it be in the carling cup final ??/
that would be nice wouldnt it in the final

and yeah its good for him to be back can only help united, let all hope this has gave him some time to reflect his form and try and recreate what he was doing last season, im sure we all have faith in him

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
When he scores I'm going to go ballistic. Probably run through the city naked proposing to police officers.

Then I'm going to steal a police horse just like Arnie in True Lies & ride it into the Hilton & up the elevator to the roof.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts