Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From manutd.com...

Anderson is aiming to sharpen his match fitness ahead of Sunday's Carling Cup final, with an outing for the Reds' Reserves on Thursday evening.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side take on Manchester City at Moss Lane, in a match which will be shown live on MUTV, and the Brazilian isn't the only squad member to have tasted first team action.

Serbian winger Zoran Tosic is also handed an outing, alongside Fabio, Richard Eckersley, Lee Martin and Ben Amos, while Danny Drinkwater and Ritchie De Laet return from injury.

The Reserves have hit a rich vein of form in recent weeks, culminating in last week's stunning 5-4 victory over Wigan, of which highlights are now available on MUTV Online.

United: Amos; Eckersley, C Evans, De Laet, Fabio; Martin, James, Drinkwater, Anderson, Tosic; Macheda.
Substitutes: Devlin, Derbyshire, Norwood, Brady, Bryan.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
A snippet of Possebon's interview from ManUtd.com
Lol @ Anderson

Speaking of Anderson, we thought all Brazilians were good at shooting. Why hasn’t he scored yet?
Anderson: [who is walking past] Hey, I don’t know! But I’m looking forward to that day. At the moment I’m just happy to pass the ball to other players so they can score. But don’t worry: my goal will come. Remember I scored a penalty in Moscow – that one was important!
Rodrigo: [laughs] He has answered for me.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Why hasn't Tosic featured more for the reserves? Does anybody know?

Looking forward to see him link up play between Fabio and Tosic down the left, that could be a partnership of the future.

Are they playing 4-5-1 then? or is one of the midfielders playing off Macheda?

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Why hasn't Tosic featured more for the reserves? Does anybody know?

Looking forward to see him link up play between Fabio and Tosic down the left, that could be a partnership of the future.

Are they playing 4-5-1 then? or is one of the midfielders playing off Macheda?
I'd imagine 4-4-1-1 as such...Anderson pushing on... I missed the fekin line up :p

Gonna watch the game now!:groupwave reversed::groupwave reversed:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts