Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thought this boy wasnt bad having been dumped out of the euro qualifiers, but he is truely a special player after seeing him tonight for zenit against rangers, and he was playing mostly down the left where some people have been pointing out that is a position where we need to strengthen considering giggs is nearing the end, what do people think of him ? does anyone know how much he could cost ? and does anyone think he might be a good signing ?:cool:

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Great player indeed and has proved his worth through the whole Uefa cup
campaign.

Drew-wrong section again mate. Just check before you post. thanks

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the pace of him down the left wing, young ryan giggs about him haha immensly strong aswell, oh well roman abramovich will probably buy im soon ay :( lol

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Drew9 said:
the pace of him down the left wing, young ryan giggs about him haha immensly strong aswell, oh well roman abramovich will probably buy im soon ay :( lol
Arshi hate Abramovich and Chelsea! ;)

He is fantastic player, but he have nasty character!:D :mad:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think he's one of very few attacking players that could improve us at the moment ...

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Drew9 said:
i thought this boy wasnt bad having been dumped out of the euro qualifiers, but he is truely a special player after seeing him tonight for zenit against rangers, and he was playing mostly down the left where some people have been pointing out that is a position where we need to strengthen considering giggs is nearing the end, what do people think of him ? does anyone know how much he could cost ? and does anyone think he might be a good signing ?:cool:

didn't see all the game but was he the number 10 because i thought he was a cracking little player he was mostly on the left wing area ,and the quality of his crosse's was first class i have been waiting for another ruskie since kanchelskis left .

Z

·
0 Posts
sweet fa said:
didn't see all the game but was he the number 10 because i thought he was a cracking little player he was mostly on the left wing area ,and the quality of his crosse's was first class i have been waiting for another ruskie since kanchelskis left .
Yep that's the fella, here's his wiki entry:

Arshavin graduated from Smena football school. In 1999 and early 2000 he played for Zenit's farm club, Zenit-2, in the Second Division.

In 2000 he was included in Zenit squad. He played in various positions on the field, starting as a right midfielder, then as an attacking midfielder and finally adopted second striker's role playing on a flank or behind a target man. He won the Russian Premier League Award for the player of the season largely because of his ability play well as a winger, playmaker and as a striker.

Arshavin scored 11 goals in his 25 matches for Zenit in the UEFA Cup and also won it on 14th may 2008.

In the 2007 Russian Premier League season Arshavin guided his Zenit St Petersburg side to the title, starting all 30 matches - scoring 10 goals and providing 11 assists along the way. It was the club's first league title since claiming the now defunct Soviet Top League in 1984.

Control, vision and strong running are viewed among the abilities which characterise his style of play.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrei_Arshavin

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
-zuco- said:
Yep that's the fella, here's his wiki entry:

Arshavin graduated from Smena football school. In 1999 and early 2000 he played for Zenit's farm club, Zenit-2, in the Second Division.

In 2000 he was included in Zenit squad. He played in various positions on the field, starting as a right midfielder, then as an attacking midfielder and finally adopted second striker's role playing on a flank or behind a target man. He won the Russian Premier League Award for the player of the season largely because of his ability play well as a winger, playmaker and as a striker.

Arshavin scored 11 goals in his 25 matches for Zenit in the UEFA Cup and also won it on 14th may 2008.

In the 2007 Russian Premier League season Arshavin guided his Zenit St Petersburg side to the title, starting all 30 matches - scoring 10 goals and providing 11 assists along the way. It was the club's first league title since claiming the now defunct Soviet Top League in 1984.

Control, vision and strong running are viewed among the abilities which characterise his style of play.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrei_Arshavin
yeah...Smena and St.Petersburg forever!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Zenitka said:
Arshi hate Abramovich and Chelsea! ;)

He is fantastic player, but he have nasty character!:D :mad:
I love him now. Anyway till we meet him in Euro. LOL When he served his international ban.:p

Drew9 said:
zenitka whats the chances he'd want to come to united then ?
With a bad character there's NO chance he'll be playing in Manchester United as long as Sir Alex Ferguson is the manager. Fergie is the champion of team building.

·
Registered
120 Posts
zenit is one of the richest club in the world.. Arshavin earn 4 mln euros in a year and his price is 40 mln euros according to his contract. So it's also difficult to buy him..Gunners were link with him but I think it's too expensive for them

1 - 20 of 75 Posts