Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Estudiantes keeper Andujar reveals Man Utd interest
tribalfootball.com - August 02, 2008

Estudiantes goalkeeper Mariano Andujar says Manchester United are interested in him.

"I don't know anything, but this news makes me feel like I'm above the clouds," Andujar told La Red radio station. "Wow! Going to Manchester United would be incredible!

"For some reason the club have bought [Mariano] Barbosa because they might think I could be leaving. At the moment, we have five keepers but the club are free to sign whoever they want."

Source: http://tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=105232

Anyone heard of this guy? We were linked with Ochoa and he looked brilliant...I guess we should look into new keepers as VDS is near the end of his career. Yes yes I know there is Kusczack and Foster but if one of them take the No. 1 spot we will need more depth in the back up and hence a new keeper. I do not want to face the same problem we had when the great big dane retired :rolleyes:

Mariano Gonzalo Andújar is an Argentine football goalkeeper. He was born on July 30, 1983, in Buenos Aires. He currently plays for Estudiantes de La Plata of the Argentine premiership.

Andújar started his career at Club Atlético Huracán in 2001. Two years later, the club was relegated to the Argentine 2nd division but he decided to stay with the club.

In 2005 Andújar was signed on loan by Italian Serie A club Palermo where he was initially supposed to be the third goalkeeper behind Matteo Guardalben and Nicola Santoni, both of them sold in the January transfer window and replaced by Federico Agliardi. Andújar played a total of 11 league matches, plus 7 UEFA Cup matches and 3 Coppa Italia appearances.

Andújar returned to Argentina in 2006 to play for Diego Simeone's Estudiantes, where he played 16 games in the Apertura 2006 campaign conceding only 9 goals. Estudiantes ended the season with the tightest defence, conceding only 13 goals in their 20 games.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariano_Andujar

Well from what we can learn of him from Wikipedia is that he is quite tall (1.94m) but does not have any international caps but I would think he might have an EU passport as he did stay in Italy for a while.

·
Banned
292 Posts
How many players during the last few years have come out and said that Manchester United are interested in them, only for them to end up going to a small mid table team. Players only make these comments to either recieve a new contract with a wage increase or to alert other clubs. Didn't Stephane Mbia claim that Mancheser United, Barcelona and Juventus all wanted to sign him for over 10 million. Well now he looks likely to join Everton for 4 million, that tells you everything you need to know.

There is absolutely no need for us to sign a new goalkeeper, Van Der Sar is first choice and Foster is our future number one. When Van Der Sar retires then Kuszczak will be the back up keeper for Foster, and Ben Amos is a good prospect for the future so there is no room in the squad for another goalkeeper.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Banana-rama said:
How many players during the last few years have come out and said that Manchester United are interested in them, only for them to end up going to a small mid table team. Players only make these comments to either recieve a new contract with a wage increase or to alert other clubs. Didn't Stephane Mbia claim that Mancheser United, Barcelona and Juventus all wanted to sign him for over 10 million. Well now he looks likely to join Everton for 4 million, that tells you everything you need to know.

There is absolutely no need for us to sign a new goalkeeper, Van Der Sar is first choice and Foster is our future number one. When Van Der Sar retires then Kuszczak will be the back up keeper for Foster, and Ben Amos is a good prospect for the future so there is no room in the squad for another goalkeeper.
I absolutely agree.

Players do say United are after him, mainly I feel, like you said, to try to get a bigish European club.

And considering the source is Tribal, that tells you everything! :p

I also agree with your GK point.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Banana-rama said:

i agree with you banana-rama !!!!!!

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
there is no schmichel yet at man utd if there is someone to make a big impact is foster i can rate him as england number one as he is far better than robinsson and calamity james

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Banana-rama said:

HOW MANY PLAYERS?
Well about 90 players have been linked to Man Utd in the past two seasons.

Check it out at
http://www.manutdtalk.com/forums/transfer-talk/9707-if-we-signed-everybody-weve-been-linked.html

:) :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts