Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who was your favourtie out of the two? considering they were pretty different this could see some pretty good answers.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I remember feeling frustrated when i watched Andy untill he partnered Dwight, so it would have to be Ruud van Nistelrooij, because he and beckham were the crowning jewels at Man United when the team was not playing all that well.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I have to go for Ruud personally.

We all know how great the Yorke-Cole partnership was, but Ruud was just incredible.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Wow, that's a tough one.

Ruud was a goal scoring machine for us. His goals record in the Champions League was phenomenal. Although he never scored from outside the box I remember 2 great goals where he ran from close to the half way line with the ball before slotting it home - against Arsenal and against Fulham.

Andy Cole had some great moments in a United shirt e.g. his 5 against Ipswich, the winner against Spurs in final title deciding league game of 1999 & his 'out of this world' combo with Yorke against Barca. Add the fact that he's the 2nd highest goal scorer in Premier League history and there's a very strong argument for Cole!

I've got to go for Cole.

·
Registered
773 Posts
yeah, Cole-YOrke combination really outstanding....but no one can do what rvn does.....for me it's ruud....his move have been phenomenal but i real disappointed with his fall out with fergie...i wanted him to stay....well sacrifice needed to form an outstanding squad...

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
did any of you guys know that when ruud came - in his first season i think - him and ole i believe broke every record that had been set by yorke and cole

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, Cole-YOrke combination really outstanding....but no one can do what rvn does.....for me it's ruud....his move have been phenomenal but i real disappointed with his fall out with fergie...i wanted him to stay....well sacrifice needed to form an outstanding squad...
yep, lets hope ronaldo n fergie dont have a fallin out, we know where he'll be headed-real madrid. thats where all fergies players he has fallen out wih have gone. RVN DB7

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Ruud every single time. It doesn't even require thought.

Cole was a top player but could also be frustrating.

Ruud at his peak was the top striker in the world, and his goals carried us at a time when our team had deteriorated. What I would do for an in-prime Van Nistelrooy at United right now!

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Ruud every single time. It doesn't even require thought.

Cole was a top player but could also be frustrating.

Ruud at his peak was the top striker in the world, and his goals carried us at a time when our team had deteriorated. What I would do for an in-prime Van Nistelrooy at United right now!
tbh - he's still at his prime ;)

in his first season - top scorer, best player and a champion of la liga

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
andy cole was a legend for us and very underated especially with all the england managers , but ruud was a pure goal scoring machine and his goals per games ratio is phenominal , his goal scoring in europe was even better , i feel gutted ruud was sold far too early

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Thats a good question

Cole was marvelous when playing alongside Yorke, but van Nistelrooy was great even while playing as a lone striker. In terms of sheer goal-scoring instinct, Ruud was also better

So i would vouch for Ruud overall

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Andy Cole used to waste 6 or 7 easy chances everymatch but he would end up scoring a cracker
in the whole season andy usually gets near 30/25 goal and many assists

Ruud would end up with 30+ goals but very very few assists plus Andy was more sensational for the team coz he made the partnership that was a part of the treble

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Thats a good question

Cole was marvelous when playing alongside Yorke, but van Nistelrooy was great even while playing as a lone striker. In terms of sheer goal-scoring instinct, Ruud was also better

So i would vouch for Ruud overall
Well thats because its his role so no surprise he is good at it.:p

I am a fan of an out and out striker and not really fan of a lone striker, ruud type tbh. Despite the amount of goals he banged it, i didnt quite like the football we play during the ruud days compared to Andy cole and Yorke days. I like Ruud personally just didnt like his role that affect the team play( not like his fault anyway) but still im going with Cole.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Well thats because its his role so no surprise he is good at it.:p

I am a fan of an out and out striker and not really fan of a lone striker, ruud type tbh. Despite the amount of goals he banged it, i didnt quite like the football we play during the ruud days compared to Andy cole and Yorke days. I like Ruud personally just didnt like his role that affect the team play( not like his fault anyway) but still im going with Cole.
most of the times with ruud we played mesmerising stuff...

but it's the last season and a half with him that stay in most fans' memory

1 - 20 of 34 Posts