Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chelsea sign Anelka

Anelka has been in fine form for Bolton this season

Chelsea have signed striker Nicolas Anelka.

The Bolton Wanderers striker, who was a target of Manchester United, Arsenal,
Liverpool and Manchester City, has joined in a deal worth £14m.

More to follow.

11 January 2008 12:09 PM

Lancashire Evening Post

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I dont think its about he hates us, i think its because chelsea were the only one who really bids for him. Like wise, we might show interest but who knows we never really go for a proper bid. I know he does want to leave Bolton, it is no secret, & he moving to chelsea is a good move for him. Tbh i never expected him to join us anyway. Well he might be as good as Drogba but given the amount of quality player Chelsea have, he can definirely work his way there.

In saying that, who's afraid, frankly i didnt feel regret we didnt get him...good riddance i say. :p

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
He'll be a good signing for them. With the other quality players surrounding him, he'll probably score more goals too.

Bolton however are effectively f-ked. Without him to score their goals, they'll struggle..big time.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
A good signing for Chelsea.

One of their strikers will have to leave in the summer now though. Pizzarro has been dreadful and Drogba wants to leave so I think it'll be one of those 2.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
His total transfers have amounted to some £80 million I think lmao
This transfer disappoints me as I really rate Anelka. I feel he can be huge for Chelsea which is annoying for United. Not sure how he will fit into their system. With him in the side they must play 4-4-2. They would be immense with him and Drogba up front. I guess he was bought because Drogba is off for a few weeks and Sheva and Pizzaro cant cut it really.
Im quite worried now after this signing.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I think its a good signing for chelski , i think he would have been superb for us , and fergie woud have tamed his sulking .
its a shame but lets hope fergie gets benzema or huntelaar , because it looks like berbatov is staying

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
stretty said:
I think its a good signing for chelski , i think he would have been superb for us , and fergie woud have tamed his sulking .
its a shame but lets hope fergie gets benzema or huntelaar , because it looks like berbatov is staying
He's not a sulker anymore...In the past yes, but not anymore. You should lay off the guy.

Out of all the strikers they got, Drogba,Sheva and Pizzaro imo will be the ones leaving in the summer. They'll probably have a big clear out and can make a nice amount of money by selling several players.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This amuses me.......

Everyone here was very favourable for United to sign him.....

Everyone says what a great player he is.........

Now he goes to Chelsea everyone is 'not bothered'.....

Everyone says he is bad....

LMAO......

I'm pretty pissed off we dont sign him.....

He's a great player and either he didn't like to come to United - or Fergie tells the
truth when he says he wont sign anyone in January.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
you are right carly i was a bit pissed off we didnt sign him , i had visions of him ronaldo , rooney tevez attacking at pace

1 - 20 of 23 Posts