Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: the boy is looking better than when he was at the arse and i cant help thinking we missed the boat on him . fergie has a great way of turning mavericks round and i would love to have seen him here this year .

just look at how easy he is making it look - a sign of true class . him and ronny have a fight for ballon dor this year .

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
haggler said:
: . him and ronny have a fight for ballon dor this year .
Do you mean the Golden Boot?

Yeah, Anelka is looking like scoring ALL the time. Thats 12 now in the Prem.
I thought Drogba would be in ahead of him in the pecking order, but how could you drop Anelka on this form?
Chelsea are looking strong this year and its gonna take a munumental effort to catch them.

Z

·
0 Posts
Quality player. He's played for a lot of great teams and has learnt his trade along
the way. Now looks to be the finished article and is banging them in for Chelsea.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
The guy is class.

He actually smiled today and the producer showed him smiling on purpose.
He's enjoying and it's paying off handsomely for Scolari.

Drogba's entire return for most seasons is around 15 or less, so Anelka is looking in good shape.

We did miss the boat on him.

Is Berba worth twice the price of Anelka? Big, big question.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
But we still need to assess the rest of his game. Yes he is scoring, but is he actually playing well?
The lone Chelsea striker will always score lots of goals when you have the likes
of Lampard, Cole, Deco, Ballack and co. setting you up the whole time.
Im not suggesting that Anelka has been crap but some of his perfomances
havent been the best recently, despite the goals he has scored.
Very good player but we shouldnt go bigging up Le Sulk too much.
With team mates like his, even my nan could score for Chelsea.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i never wanted berbatov and argued strongly against his signing. i still dont know what to think of berbatov . he shows signs of brilliance then looks uninterested , usually i can judge a player very quickly but berba is a totally different kettle of fish . all my instincts say he will queer our pitch yet all the stats show he is prolific . i think i will reserve judgement for many more months . never before have i been so confused

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jazz 16 said:
But we still need to assess the rest of his game. Yes he is scoring, but is he actually playing well?
The lone Chelsea striker will always score lots of goals when you have the likes
if a guy knocks in 40 goals who gives one about the rest of his game ? jimmy greaves and dennis law even lineacre did nowt but score ,

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
haggler said:
i never wanted berbatov and argued strongly against his signing. i still dont know what to think of berbatov . he shows signs of brilliance then looks uninterested , usually i can judge a player very quickly but berba is a totally different kettle of fish . all my instincts say he will queer our pitch yet all the stats show he is prolific . i think i will reserve judgement for many more months . never before have i been so confused
As you know Im a big fan and Im certain that he will impress you in time, sooner
than you think as well. He is a class act and that will continue to shine through.

haggler said:
if a guy knocks in 40 goals who gives one about the rest of his game ? jimmy greaves and dennis law even lineacre did nowt but score ,
Fair point, IF he manages to score that many.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
haggler said:
:eek: the boy is looking better than when he was at the arse and i cant help thinking we missed the boat on him . fergie has a great way of turning mavericks round and i would love to have seen him here this year .

just look at how easy he is making it look - a sign of true class . him and ronny have a fight for ballon dor this year .
Well everyone took the p##s out of me when i said sign him a couple of years ago now he looks awesome.
Just imagine if he had played in our team he would have been unstoppable and at a very cheap price a couple of years ago

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
stretty said:
Well everyone took the p##s out of me when i said sign him a couple of years ago now he looks awesome.
Just imagine if he had played in our team he would have been unstoppable and at a very cheap price a couple of years ago
spot on fella

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
The only sensible guy on here really, Jazz 16.

I cannot believe people are actually wishing we signed that joke Anelka. Last season he was flop of the year for Chelsea, take a look at the CL final for reasons why. Jazz 16 I bet is the only one who actually watched some Chelsea games this season before he made a comment. Does anyone even watch full Chelsea games? Or do you lot just take a look at the highlights or livescore.net and see ooo Anelka scored again, he must be good. WRONG.

My Chelsea mates even tell me day in and out that Anelka is a waste of space and is pathetic and is the worst player on the pitch on the day he scored a hattrick. They have not seen someone fluke so many goals in their life and are dying for Drogba to come back, believe it or not. One of my mates was telling me the other day after the Roma loss that Anelka was so horrid that he was a useful weapon for the opposition as he took the ball of his own players and gave it to them, quite like Sissoko lol :rolleyes:

Really watch the Chelsea games and you will see others have to hand out the goals on a plate for him. They are either tap ins, rebounds, or just hit him luckly or his just standing in the right place (like vs Man Utd last season when he was with Bolton). He cannot create anything for anyone else and when in someone's back pocket, he is really just hopless like vs Man Utd and Liverpoo this season. I mean play Heskey as a lone strike with the likes of Deco, Lampard, Ballack, Essien etc behind him making chances and he will be top scorer too.

His just a striker who cannot create any chances for himself and his overall work and performance are just medicore and he is the last person I want at OT and I would stick with Berba anyday as he can create chances for people if not scoring them like vs West Ham for Ronaldo's second goal.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
& remember, there is more to football then goals. Just because Anelka is top scorer (atm) doesn't mean his a top player and looks "awesome" & would make us "unstoppable". Its quite similar to Pippo Inzaghi and how Fergie said his the worst striker ever. I am just so glad his at Chelsea and was taking the Chelsea penalty in the CL final and not for Man Utd.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Please do tell me someone did watch the Blackburn v Chelsea game where Anelka not only got the winner but scored a brace where Chelsea won 2-0. If someone actually watched the game, they would realize the goals were a joke and he played **** poor all game and was useless and anyone could score them and scoring them doesn't magically mean we should of got him and we missed out on some sort of bargain.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sparkic said:

I cannot believe people are actually wishing we signed that joke Anelka. Last season he was flop of the year for Chelsea, take a look at the CL final for reasons why. Jazz 16 I bet is the only one who actually watched some Chelsea games this season before he made a comment. Does anyone even watch full Chelsea games? Or do you lot just take a look at the highlights or livescore.net and see ooo Anelka scored again, he must be good. WRONG.

My Chelsea mates even tell me day in and out that Anelka is a waste of space and is pathetic and is the worst player on the pitch on the day he scored a hattrick. They have not seen someone fluke so many goals in their life and are dying for Drogba to come back, believe it or not. One of my mates was telling me the other day after the Roma loss that Anelka was so horrid that he was a useful weapon for the opposition as he took the ball of his own players and gave it to them, quite like Sissoko lol :rolleyes:

Really watch the Chelsea games and you will see others have to hand out the goals on a plate for him. They are either tap ins, rebounds, or just hit him luckly or his just standing in the right place (like vs Man Utd last season when he was with Bolton). He cannot create anything for anyone else and when in someone's back pocket, he is really just hopless like vs Man Utd and Liverpoo this season. I mean play Heskey as a lone strike with the likes of Deco, Lampard, Ballack, Essien etc behind him making chances and he will be top scorer too.

His just a striker who cannot create any chances for himself and his overall work and performance are just medicore and he is the last person I want at OT and I would stick with Berba anyday as he can create chances for people if not scoring them like vs West Ham for Ronaldo's second goal.
please sir i have watched several chelsea games and to follow your logic we would have binned most of our squad including ronaldo if poor first seasons at a club are used as a barometer . how many tap ins have our strikers failed to tap in so far this year btw ? also great strikers are often "lucky" did you see his first against wba ? how was that a tap in ? and he disguised his shot for the second to beat the keeper at near post . lets revisit this thread later in the season and see who was right .

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
sparkic said:

I think that's a very harsh assesment, because you are obviously ignoring his work while at Bolton where he was very good at keeping the ball and bringing others into play.

You also write off his achievements by saying they are flukes and all he does is to be at the right place at the right time.

Well, if it's so simple why didn't shevchenko do it?
He had plenty of chances and Anelka is on the brink of scoring more goals than Sheva did in his entire time at Chelsea and Anelka hasn't even been there for a year yet.

Being at the right place at the right time is part of a striker's game and Shevchenko had the same midfield providing him with chances.

Anelka has the physical attributes and skill of a top striker.

To dismiss his goals as luck and simple tap ins based on Chelsea fans, who are to my mind not very astute football fans is foolish.

Yes there are parts of Anelka that I don't like either, but to say he is anything less than a very good striker is foolish.

He WOULD get into Man Utd's first team.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
sparkic said:
& remember, there is more to football then goals. Just because Anelka is top scorer (atm) doesn't mean his a top player and looks "awesome" & would make us "unstoppable". Its quite similar to Pippo Inzaghi and how Fergie said his the worst striker ever. I am just so glad his at Chelsea and was taking the Chelsea penalty in the CL final and not for Man Utd.
its not got nothing to do with "at the moment " mate or he the fact he is top goal scorer , i was commenting on the fact he would have been best value for money a couple of years ago.
Whats wrong with awesome and unstoppable ,that is my opinion and i stick by it if he had signed for us he would have been even better than he is now.
His style would have suited united very well he is very quick and would have complimented ronaldo and rooney.
What do you mean hes not a top player , he was ripping united apart when he was 17 years of age and at the arse, do you think he would be at chelsea if he was totally sh#te and overated i dont think so.
Also remember the best player in the world missed a penalty that night as well.
And fergie was right about inzaghi as well.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts