Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what a player ! after seeing him impressing at the olympics against the likes of brasil and netherlands i think that we should keep a close watch on this fine young winger...here are some facts about him

Di María started his professional football career in 2005, when he made his debut for Rosario Central. In January 2007 he had an opportunity to play in Russian Premier League when FC Rubin Kazan offered him a contract. At first he agreed, but soon afterward he changed his mind and turned down the offer.[2] After putting up a remarkable performance in the 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup, playing for Argentina, Di María caught the eye of several international teams and in the end Benfica signed him for €6m.

So highly regarded was Di María by Benfica that the president of the Portuguese club, Luís Filipe Vieira, when presenting the young Argentine, told the club's supporters he had bought the perfect replacement for Benfica's departing captain, Simão Sabrosa, a talismanic figure for Benfica for over five seasons.

During the first months of his tenure in Lisbon, Di María showed that he was not in the least weighed down by the expectations, and the fans quickly took to the exciting talent.

In 2007, Di María was picked to play for the Argentina Under-20 squad. He was capped for the 2007 South American Youth Championship in Paraguay as well as the 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Canada. In the latter tournament, he scored three goals, with Argentina winning the cup.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
versa said:
Er... This "Little Angel" guy... is he also 9 cm shorter than Tevez?!:eek: :D
erm aren't messi xavi and iniesta shorter than tevez ?:p what difference does it make if you're short or not...especially if you're a winger

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Have never seen this kid but i want to, he sounds good.
And i agree with cro..... you dont have to be big, that means nothing if your good enough.

·
23,699 Posts
CROoney said:
erm aren't messi xavi and iniesta shorter than tevez ?:p what difference does it make if you're short or not...especially if you're a winger
I trust you knew I wasn't serious. No, I have not seen him.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I haven't seen him, so any videos/links would be worthy.

But theres always no harm in signing a young player. If he doesn't make it then fine, but if he does then FANTASTIC! :D :p

Its worth the risk.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what a goal in the olympic finals....something like suker against schmeichel at EURO 96...what a lob

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Cro are you Argentinian i though you are Croatian
you are always trying to sell young Argentinian players ;)
or mosty you are always trying to sell short players :D
Joking :)
btw this player is good, he moves allot, hes fast he have good pace and good dribbling, but does his small body mass (decent tall yes but he falls down easy) able to fit in the EPL
i think defenders will enjoy bulling him

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
abojodeh said:
Cro are you Argentinian i though you are Croatian
you are always trying to sell young Argentinian players ;)
or mosty you are always trying to sell short players :D Joking :)
btw this player is good, he moves allot, hes fast he have good pace and good dribbling, but does his small body mass able to fit in the EPL
i think defenders will enjoy bulling him
lol - that was quite good actually abo....
anyway - as for small players in EPL - how about zola,cesc,rooney,tevez,scholes,evra, - some of the best players in EPL history were/are small...
people are wrong in thinking that small players are weak players - it's wrong - it's quite the opposite - you can be too tall but not too small - as i said earlier - look at messi - he's always 1 step ahead of his marker...he has the lower centre of gravity...as for being weak - now that's a problem...

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
CROoney said:
lol - that was quite good actually abo....
anyway - as for small players in EPL - how about zola,cesc,rooney,tevez,scholes,evra, - some of the best players in EPL history were/are small
hes taller most who you said
but sometimes when am bored i watch little bit of portuguese league
and he falls down easily
when he have the position of the ball, runs, faces a defender then boom hes down
even so he really make some lovely tricks and imo he will be better than Simao
if he is not already
Angel Di Maria and Cardozo are benfica best players :)

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Sorry guys but he said he's stayin with benfica for 1 more year before going to Real .. Quality player though.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Inter Tie Up Di Maria Deal?
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=854489

Inter have already lined up Luis Figo's replacement for next season. Benfica star Angel Di Maria is likely to take his place, as the Nerazzurri have already agreed a deal with the Portuguese club, according to Sportmediaset.

The Argentine winger, who fired his side to Olympic gold in China last month, is admired by Jose Mourinho.

Di Maria has always dreamed of playing for a major club and it seems as though his ambition will materialise soon.

Sportmediaset claims that Inter have already agreed a deal with Benfica sporting director Rui Costa which will see the talented player swap the Estadio Da Luz for San Siro next summer.

It is believed Inter will allow David Suazo to remain in Portugal and give Benfica an extra €2m to secure Di Maria's services.

Jorge Mendes, who is both Mourinho's and the winger's agent is likely to push the player towards Milan, even though Real Madrid and Chelsea are interested.

Figo is likely to hang up his boots at the end of this season and the deal which will see his replacement arrive is all but certain. The ‘Special One' is keen to use fast and skilful players in his favoured 4-3-3 formation and the Argentine international has those qualities in abundance.

Salvatore Landolina

1 - 20 of 190 Posts