Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not meaning to be tempting fate in any way. But i had a glance threw the treble dvd again the other night, and was slowly pondering the differences in ability between the two sides. Ok, obviously another treble is more than likely out of our grasp in all fairness, but what of a Euro and league champions double?

I'm not totally convinced we are as solid at the back today as we was back then.
But the Ferdinand and Vidic partnership is certainly getting better. I came to thinking what if Ronaldo's goals started drying up, would Rooney and Tevez start baggin'em more often?

I think we're all aware of Fergies obsession to win another european cup, but are we still a season or so short of the neccessary experience it takes to grind out wins against the euro big guns.

I'm kind'of on the fence myself, but if comes along i'll gladly take it!:)

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
the milan and juventus games in 99 showed we needed a huge amount of luck . even bayern hitting wood in the final . a treble is never coming again .

this side is better in most respects than the 99 side but luck like that comes once in a lifetime .

or does it / and fletchers won it !!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
i agree with haggler, we have the quality but luck is necessary as well i think a double would be nice although well take it as it comes and if we wind up in a position to win them all then great but i wont get exited before we progress in the fa cup and reach at least the semis of the champions league

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be honest, i'm not really that arsed about the F.A. Cup. Again! if it comes our way so be it, but surely our time is now, or very soon that we should be making our mark on the european stage. Fergies right when he says that for a club of our size, we should have made a far bigger impact in europe over the years.:cool:

Its certainly gets me buzzing. And can't wait to travel to Lyon for the first leg in Feb. Roll on Moscow.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
i dont care about the f.a cup either but i was just saying...your thread is about the treble so i thought it had to be mentioned.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haggler said:
as long as we keep benzema quiet

He looks a bit tastey in front of goal i must say. No doubt he'll be on his way soon enough like all the other half decent players Lyon have had.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
we have tough matches coming up in all competitions and if we get through them we will have tougher opposition....so we cant say yet.......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts